Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nordicdusk 30th November 2012 02:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Just ordered these off Play.com

Attachment 92149

Attachment 92150

Attachment 92151

Attachment 92152

JoshuaKaitlyn 30th November 2012 02:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 92154
Today's addition to the magpies nest!

Refused 30th November 2012 02:28 PM

Well, I was trying to limit my spending before Christmas. As I said over on the blu-ray thread I ordered these -

Godzilla vs Biollante
Miami Connection
Zebraman 2

And that was gonna be that. But then Arrow put a sale on, so I have these DVDs incoming -

Card Player
Macabre
Sleepless
Terror At The Opera
Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman

demonknight 30th November 2012 02:32 PM

Got Tales from the Crypt boxset from Germany today. Four discs with four episodes on each,i think. Will check them out over the christmas along with Christmas Evil,Silent night deadly night,The Definitive document of the dead and the Zombie bluray steelbook.

PaulD 30th November 2012 02:33 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Thanks to the Super Awesome Sale on Arrow's website at the minute I filled a lot of the gaps in my collection with the following order which came to £29:

Refused 30th November 2012 02:49 PM

There's so much I want on Arrow's sale - I think I'm going to stagger my orders, I won't feel so indulgent then.

keirarts 30th November 2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 296924)

should warn you, that Videodrome release is cut, it's the R-rated version I believe.

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th November 2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 296940)
should warn you, that Videodrome release is cut, it's the R-rated version I believe.

Is the UK dvd which has been out years also cut Keirarts?

Pete 30th November 2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 296943)

According to DVD Compare it is.

Quote:

R2 United Kingdom - (Universal Pictures) - "R-rated" version, and hence is still missing:
-The complete reveal of the Oriental dildo, which lasts 4 seconds longer.
-When Max and Nicki first get together, Max picks up a needle from the floor and traces it along Nicki's legs and torso.
-When Max pulls the needle from Nicki's left ear, four seconds showing the needle sliding out of the lobe and being held clear are cut.
-Max pushing the needle into Nicki's right ear amounts to about 2 seconds of delete video.
-The view of Max and Nicki making love on the floor of the torture chamber is longer by about 5 seconds.
-The shot of Max's second executive murder runs for 23 frames in the PAL version and 48 frames in the NTSC version, amounting to 1 second of missing film.
-The shot of Barry Convex's face splitting open is more lingering, as are some of the other points of view.
-An additional close up of Barry's open chest, with the jagged ends of ribs clearly visible, amounts to 3 seconds.

Baseball Fury 30th November 2012 03:42 PM

Postage on Amazon? Never!

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th November 2012 03:46 PM

Thanks Pete. :)

I may pick up an uncut one sometime.

Susan Foreman 30th November 2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 296930)
Thanks to the Super Awesome Sale on Arrow's website at the minute I filled a lot of the gaps in my collection with the following order which came to £29:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 296932)
There's so much I want on Arrow's sale - I think I'm going to stagger my orders, I won't feel so indulgent then.

Good calls.

Have just ordered:

The Deadly Spawn
The Man with the Severed Head
Two Evil Eyes
Frankenhooker
Surf Nazis Must Die
The Beyond
(to replace the one I have with the b/w opening)
Super Bitch
Night Child
Combat Shock

Will look at putting in another order when I have worked out my finances for December!

Wes 30th November 2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowFan (Post 296827)
My GF grabbed me the coffin set for Christmas and it came through from England without a scratch. (I live in Canada so it was pretty impressive). Now I just need to wait til Christmas to open it.. :(
I lust over your Phantasm set, lucky guy. Did that have the feature length documentary?

Thanks Dude... I didn't know that the Phantasm box was out of print - which is a shame, it's a fine set - 5 discs and yes I think it has the doc... I must admit, I picked up the box for the first two films - are Lord of the Dead and Oblivion worth catching ?

Pete 30th November 2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 296923)

You do know practically everything is missing from FEROX?

keirarts 30th November 2012 04:04 PM

Arrow have a sale on.

Picked up Rififi, the conformist,Bicycle Thieves, The Tin Drum, Ashes and Diamonds, Class of Nuke 'em High (spot the odd one out!) on Blu-ray at £7.99 each with free postage. (I already have les diaboliques before anyone chips in!)

On dvd got.. Surf Nazis Must Die (DVD) £3.99 Jaguar Lives! (DVD) £3.99 Deadly Outlaw: Rekka (DVD) £3.99.

Bit of a blow out, and all my overtime money gone but damnned cheap discs!

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th November 2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 296946)
Postage on Amazon? Never!

Eh?

keirarts 30th November 2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 296943)

Yes. I'd thought it was uncut for years but then I saw the criterion dvd and the death of barry convex is much longer!

bit of a doh re-edit, getting characters mixed up in my head, its been a long day!

Edgeworth 30th November 2012 04:44 PM

Just seen Arrow sale aswell, it's payday so I bought a few.

Lady Snowblood steelbook
Caligula
House By The Cememtary
+ Kentucky Fried Movie & Pervert! DVD's

Thought i'd get HBTC and Caligula blu's whilst the slips were still around, Play shipped my ZFE steelie today also!

SharonLynette 30th November 2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 296928)
And that was gonna be that. But then Arrow put a sale on, so I have these DVDs incoming -

Card Player
Macabre
Sleepless
Terror At The Opera
Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 296930)

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 296955)
Good calls.

Have just ordered:

The Deadly Spawn
The Man with the Severed Head
Two Evil Eyes
Frankenhooker
Surf Nazis Must Die
The Beyond
(to replace the one I have with the b/w opening)
Super Bitch
Night Child
Combat Shock

Will look at putting in another order when I have worked out my finances for December!

Wasn't planning on buying anything then I came on to this thread and saw everyone mention the Arrow sale so I popped over for a look and ended up ordering:

Terror at the Opera - Already have on dvd but the Anchor Bay release, would still like it on blu-ray though.
McBain - for Grandad
Surf Nazis Must Die - Something else I already have on dvd but want a nicer version - I think I got this for £1 in my local discount centre.
Super Bitch
Class of Nuke 'em High (blu)
A Bay of Blood (blu)
Day of the Dead (blu)

Time to find a photo of Barry Manilow for my mum.

Slippery Jack 30th November 2012 05:05 PM

Cheeky Arrow stealing Fopp's thunder :lol: Was gonna go there next weekend for Island of Death and Deadly Spawn, but just ordered em (and might come back for more) . . .

Baseball Fury 30th November 2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 296962)
Eh?

I don't know a single person that pays postage on Amazon orders. Super Saver on everything, and it comes in the same amount of time!

Rik 30th November 2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 297016)
I don't know a single person that pays postage on Amazon orders. Super Saver on everything, and it comes in the same amount of time!

All depends if it qualifies, I've bought plenty of stuff that hasn't, incurring a minor postage charge, usually a couple of quid

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th November 2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 297016)

Never used supersaver in my life! I like to have it a day after it's sent.

nekromantik 30th November 2012 06:00 PM

Bought these in last 2 orders.

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/88...27_500X500.jpg

http://images.pricerunner.com/produc...%5B2007%5D.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

Kinda worried I wont get the town digibook as it says best buy exclusive online but amazon have listed it. They do sell two versions of the same disc so hopefully Im ok.

Baseball Fury 30th November 2012 06:24 PM

My friend and I both bought the Universal Monsters set on the black Friday sale. He paid, I went SS. I've got mine, he hasn't, haha. I'm all about the cheap postage, got my ghetto mentality on, haha

PaulD 30th November 2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 297027)
Bought these in last 2 orders.

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/88...27_500X500.jpg

http://images.pricerunner.com/produc...%5B2007%5D.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

Kinda worried I wont get the town digibook as it says best buy exclusive online but amazon have listed it. They do sell two versions of the same disc so hopefully Im ok.

I'm hoping for the Dark Knight Rises HMV steelbook for Christmas or I'd have ordered my copy already.

BAKA 30th November 2012 06:33 PM

When does that Arrow sale end? There are at least a couple of Arrow Academy releases, and a few DVDs I wouldn't mind adding to my collection for those prices.

PaulD 30th November 2012 06:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Also bought this earlier from HMV online for £14. Had my eye on it for a while but didn't want to pay over £15 for it so pretty chuffed with it:

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th November 2012 06:53 PM

Ordered a copy of this from Amazon....

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/01/a5emutyt.jpg

If it wasn't for a facebook friend, I wouldn't even know it existed!

Wes 30th November 2012 06:56 PM

Any love for I Saw The Devil ? The US Blu is going for 10bucks over at Amazon. Heard good things about this film.

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/def...e2c6285917.jpg

Wes 30th November 2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 297047)
Also bought this earlier from HMV online for £14. Had my eye on it for a while but didn't want to pay over £15 for it so pretty chuffed with it:

Great buy... I watched the entire Elm Street series about two years ago in preparation for the Never Sleep Again documentary and it was great - time has been very kind to these movies, the anamatronic effects are brilliant, especially for the over the top set pieces in the Dream Trilogy...

SharonLynette 30th November 2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

I got this for my birthday for £17.99, I was pretty chuffed with that price but £15 is a bargain! Still haven't opened it but am planning to this weekend.

Rik 30th November 2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

That is cheap!

PaulD 30th November 2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 297052)
Great buy... I watched the entire Elm Street series about two years ago in preparation for the Never Sleep Again documentary and it was great - time has been very kind to these movies, the anamatronic effects are brilliant, especially for the over the top set pieces in the Dream Trilogy...

There's a couple that I haven't seen (4 and 5 I think) but even 2 and 3 haven't been watched for a good ten years or more so I'm really looking forward to working my way through the series again (even Freddy's Dead). Must get that documentary at some point too actually.

Wes 30th November 2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 297055)
There's a couple that I haven't seen (4 and 5 I think) but even 2 and 3 haven't been watched for a good ten years or more so I'm really looking forward to working my way through the series again (even Freddy's Dead). Must get that documentary at some point too actually.

Be sure to pick it up Paul, it's really one of the finest film documentaries out there. Yeah, Freddy's Dead is not bad, easily the weirdest of the series...

Rik 30th November 2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 297055)

My sister bought me the set for Xmas last year and I had a Freddy marathon at the start of the year, 2 is still the worst IMO with 1 and New Nightmare being the best

PaulD 30th November 2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 297059)
My sister bought me the set for Xmas last year and I had a Freddy marathon at the start of the year, 2 is still the worst IMO with 1 and New Nightmare being the best

Yeah, I absolutely love New Nightmare. Craven was ahead of Scream with that film and I cannot wait to see it in HD. From what I remember there's a decent amount of extras on the boxset too?

Rik 30th November 2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 297061)
Yeah, I absolutely love New Nightmare. Craven was ahead of Scream with that film and I cannot wait to see it in HD. From what I remember there's a decent amount of extras on the boxset too?

Yeah there is, which reminds me that I still haven't got through them all yet, same goes for the Alien Anthology where I haven't even started on the extras.
That Never Sleep Again doc was instore at HMV for £7 the last time I went in, I didn't buy it because the only copy they had in had a broken case and torn insert :mmph:

antmumford 30th November 2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 297049)
Any love for I Saw The Devil ? The US Blu is going for 10bucks over at Amazon. Heard good things about this film.

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/def...e2c6285917.jpg

One of my all time favourite films and one of the best looking Blus too, stunning.

Wes 30th November 2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 297067)
One of my all time favourite films and one of the best looking Blus too, stunning.

What a recommendation ! I might just grab this later ! Thanks Ant !