Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Pete 31st March 2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 139707)
Received my Alien 2 On Earth today. :D

Ha, keep forgetting about that. Will have to order a copy soon.

Recently bought:

THE BEYOND
GREMLINS

BioZombie 31st March 2011 10:07 AM

I watched my Terminator II blu-ray again recently, and it looks and sounds stunning. It's a film I can watch over and over again, and I'm really glad I invested in the Skynet Edition steel book.

Only small problem is it takes a while to load the menu on my blu-ray player.

Pete 31st March 2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 139855)
Only small problem is it takes a while to load the menu on my blu-ray player.

How long does it take? I have the T2 blu and i'm having similar problems and I'm to impatient to wait.

BioZombie 31st March 2011 10:17 AM

I have a Sony BDP S350.

When I originally bought T2 it didnt work at all, it would get to a certain loading screen and just freeze. I got the disc replaced before I realised I had to upgrade the firmware on my player (there's no talk of that on the box or on any loading screens).

Now it works, but takes around 5mins (maybe more I cant remember exactly) to load the main menu.

Demoncrat 31st March 2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 139479)
Doesn't every film addict?

once was enough methinks...life's too short;);)

oaxaca 31st March 2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 139470)
I'm on a post-Scream slasher run in general Reaps...
I don't know what happened but suddenly I found myself wanting to watch those. :loco:

Haha, I'll stick to the pre- scream slasher films I think :p In fact I get a little queasy thinking about most slashers made after DR GIGGLES (1992) :p

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st March 2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 139894)
Haha, I'll stick to the pre- scream slasher films I think :p In fact I get a little queasy thinking about most slashers made after DR GIGGLES (1992) :p

Dr Giggles -- now there's a film that can be quite easily forgotten! Actually, as I'm writing that, characters, actors and plot strands are coming back to me... oh dear!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st March 2011 01:08 PM

Because of the Java heavy menus, the T2 Skynet edition will always take a long time to load and, even on my PS3 (probably the fastest Blu-ray player around), it takes three minutes to load up. Saying that, it is definitely worth the wait as it looks and sounds stunning. I just wish they'd hurry up and release The Terminator (which I prefer to the sequel).

nekromantik 31st March 2011 02:01 PM

I seen both the Skynet and Japanese blus and the Skynet is a DNR mess I cant see how people enjoy that tbh :lol:

The Japanese version is far better but if you dont wanna spend too much then the original bare bones UK blu of T2 theatrical version looks better then the Skynet version too.

kingofwitches666 31st March 2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 139825)
My copy of North by Northwest arrived yesterday. I saw it a while ago when I rented it and the AV upgrade is absolutely stunning so I can't wait to watch it again and then go with the music only track before going through the hours of extra features!

I really, REALLY need to pick this up soon. :nod: