Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 4th May 2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 148111)
Thanks BE. ;)
I don't know really...
Here's what info I got after asking about this dvd on Lovelockandload:
"German/English language, non-anamorphic widescreen but decent quality overall. Probably the same print as the DD disc" (Thanks to KommissarX)

Thanks for the info b. :)

I've quite a fondness for the film, and it's always one I feel deserves a nice remastered re-release, so I've always put off buying it.

bdc 4th May 2011 08:14 PM

I also own the US disc... ;)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 4th May 2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 148114)
I also own the US disc... ;)

I've heard the US disc is okay (as is the UK disc), but I'm really hoping a company like Arrow try and tackle a re-release sometime in the future. :happy:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th May 2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 148117)
I've heard the US disc is okay (as is the UK disc), but I'm really hoping a company like Arrow try and tackle a re-release sometime in the future. :happy:

Is that one for the 'Should Arrow Video Release...?' thread or is it already there?

tollickd 4th May 2011 08:40 PM

Cannibal Holocaust - 2 Disc Special Edition GRINDHOUSE RELEASING from diabolikdvd.com I had this on order at Axel for 3 weeks and they sent me a email saying they are refunding my money as they could not get me a copy!
I asked diabolikdvd if they where getting them back and they had 4 in :) now they only have 3 left!

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th May 2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tollickd (Post 148121)
Cannibal Holocaust - 2 Disc Special Edition GRINDHOUSE RELEASING from diabolikdvd.com I had this on order at Axel for 3 weeks and they sent me a email saying they are refunding my money as they could not get me a copy!
I asked diabolikdvd if they where getting them back and they had 4 in :) now they only have 3 left!

A great set, shame about the rubbish packaging.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 4th May 2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 148120)
Is that one for the 'Should Arrow Video Release...?' thread or is it already there?

I think I've mentioned it a couple of times Nos... :o;)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th May 2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 148117)

I'd really like the individual UK release just for the artwork but, for the moment, I'm quite happy with the disc in the Amicus Collection.

tollickd 4th May 2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 148123)
A great set, shame about the rubbish packaging.

It will do until the Blu-Ray is out!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 4th May 2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 148125)
I'd really like the individual UK release just for the artwork but, for the moment, I'm quite happy with the disc in the Amicus Collection.

Tower of Evil isn't in the Amicus collection, mate! :confused: