All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4253Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th March 2014, 05:49 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Just had confirmation from Amazon that Second Sight's BD of Society has been cancelled, wondered when they were gonna remove it seeing as SS said it was cancelled weeks ago
meant to be out end of year instead
Old 27th March 2014, 07:04 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasterface View Post
meant to be out end of year instead

How do you know this, last I heard it was a legal issue which meant it was cancelled altogether?
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th March 2014, 07:30 AM
Cult Addict

Once this whole thing is done with I would be interested in the nature of the 'legal troubles' the producers are in.

I wonder if it's the rights owner getting greedy. Certainly didn't stop the German edition (which makes me wonder more and more about whether its a boot or do the germans simply have better lawyers.)

Given that a lot of potential customers may go elsewhere while this gets sorted I wonder is SS have grounds to sue as this is damaging their business.

I do wonder what planet some of these rights holders live on. They don't seem to realise the days of holding on to a property are long gone and if piracy is to be combated or even if these films are to endure then they need to be released.

The whole thing reminds me of the trouble theres been trying to Get Paul Naschy titles out on release. Apparently the money wanted for these titles was silly. Give it a generation or two and who will even WANT To release them. Up and coming film fans will have no clue about these films at all... its very sad.

I'll be sticking with the special edition DVD for the time being until this gets sorted.
Old 27th March 2014, 09:56 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I do wonder what planet some of these rights holders live on. They don't seem to realise the days of holding on to a property are long gone and if piracy is to be combated or even if these films are to endure then they need to be released.
I often think this. I feel absolutely no remorse for pirating films that aren't available in my country. If they don't want people downloading movies, then they need to give people the option to pay a fair price for it. Sure you can import films but that can be expensive with customs occasionally adding extra fees, etc, which just isn't fair on the fans.
Old 27th March 2014, 10:23 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by applecore View Post
I often think this. I feel absolutely no remorse for pirating films that aren't available in my country. If they don't want people downloading movies, then they need to give people the option to pay a fair price for it. Sure you can import films but that can be expensive with customs occasionally adding extra fees, etc, which just isn't fair on the fans.
If it's legally available and a case of importing I would rather import. I cannot support illegal downloading, though its also worth noting that importing is often viewed as a breach of copyright by rights holders, though not by courts which is why its still allowed but titles are region locked. I do think the film industry needs to move with the times and be aware that making some money off a film is better than making no money.
Old 27th March 2014, 11:54 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by applecore View Post
If a film is available anywhere, even abroad and isn't public domain, downloading it is against the law and something which Cult Labs does not condone.
Old 27th March 2014, 12:51 PM
Cult Addict

Out of curiosity Nos, what's the stand on something that has no official release anywhere that isn't public domain but is available to download from some dodgy site or youtube even?
Old 27th March 2014, 01:34 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Out of curiosity Nos, what's the stand on something that has no official release anywhere that isn't public domain but is available to download from some dodgy site or youtube even?
Basically, Cult Labs cannot be seen to condone piracy in any way, shape or form. As we represent Shameless and other companies, they would take a dim view of us if we were seen to 'promote' the illegal downloading or filesharing of copyrighted material, whether on torrent sites or YouTube.

If you're unsure, don't talk about it!
Old 27th March 2014, 02:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default Upcoming UK Blu-ray Releases

But they quite happily condone photos of nuns with crucifixes up their arses

Edit: I'm not condoning downloading or torrenting BTW
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th March 2014, 02:49 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
But they quite happily condone photos of nuns with crucifixes up their arses
There's nothing illegal about that!

Like this? Share it using the links below!