Old 21st November 2014, 06:50 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post

AND
apparently you can pre-order it here at a good price togehter with Cat in the Brain.
Now there are two (rhetorical) questions: Will it be Region Free AND would my order be snatched by German customs

Grindhouse Releasing Combo (Beyond Blu-Ray / Cat in the Brain)
I've just ordered it and hope it will pass through UK customs unscathed when it's released next year.
Old 21st November 2014, 07:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I've just ordered it and hope it will pass through UK customs unscathed when it's released next year.

the beyond should fly through customs as its uncut here although I've never seen cat in the brain so don't know what's in that one content wise.

I'm more worried whether Grindhouses upcoming canninal ferox will get through customs.
Old 21st November 2014, 07:16 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
the beyond should fly through customs as its uncut here although I've never seen cat in the brain so don't know what's in that one content wise.

I'm more worried whether Grindhouses upcoming canninal ferox will get through customs.
I'm not worried about it being seized, just whether I'll be charged import duty.
Old 21st November 2014, 08:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
And here are the specs

(Grindhouse reveals Fulci’s “THE BEYOND” Blu-ray specs; pre-orders open | FANGORIA®)

AND
apparently you can pre-order it here at a good price togehter with Cat in the Brain.
Now there are two (rhetorical) questions: Will it be Region Free AND would my order be snatched by German customs

Grindhouse Releasing Combo (Beyond Blu-Ray / Cat in the Brain)
Dolby Digital 5.1??? Surely not, why would they use lossy audio on a release like this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 21st November 2014, 08:52 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Dolby Digital 5.1??? Surely not, why would they use lossy audio on a release like this.
I'm guessing it's incorrect and will either be DTS-HD Master Audio or LPCM.
Old 21st November 2014, 09:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist

So um... is there anything so spectacular about this The Beyond release, that I should double dip, since I already have the Arrow version? It already has tons of extras, but no soundtrack.
Old 22nd November 2014, 06:38 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeZius View Post
So um... is there anything so spectacular about this The Beyond release, that I should double dip, since I already have the Arrow version? It already has tons of extras, but no soundtrack.
If it's anything like Cannibal Holocaust then probably the transfer
Old 22nd November 2014, 07:20 AM
Seasoned Cultist

One for the completists surely? I can not justify buying it after having the Arrow release which is fantastic. Soundtrack? most people who love this film with a passion already have the soundtrack in one form another. Catriona MacColl interviews...again? As much as I like her and listening to her, in all the interviews I have heard and watched she comes out with the same stories over and over again, usually about maggots, coffins and how Fulci was an angry dwarf! she can not even remember half of the making of the movies she was in!

Questions, why is the film Region locked then make the extras Region free? How good are these Grindhouse releases as I do not own one?

There are so many other films I want right now so Ill pass as much as I love this movie.
Old 22nd November 2014, 08:10 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by profondo rosso View Post

Questions, why is the film Region locked then make the extras Region free? How good are these Grindhouse releases as I do not own one?

The region-locking will be at the request of the licensor. As Grindhouse presumably own the rights to the extras they can make them region free.

I have the Grindhouse blurays of Cannibal Holocaust and An American Hippie... And bother are stellar releases. Their dvd releases are also excellent. The Beyond is one of my fav Fulci's so will definitely be picking it up.
keirarts and profondo rosso like this.
Old 22nd November 2014, 08:49 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeZius View Post
Like sam said: It's interesting because of the new transfer.

(And I'm not even going to point out now that the Arrow Transfer was mediocre because all I'm going to get are responses like "Oh no, it looks perfect in my eyes" etc. )

(P.S.: And in no way am I going to post a link to some screenshots like for example this one, that clearly shows all the problems the Arrow transfer suffers from
The Beyond | Blu-ray: UK Exchange Disc vs. DVD: US Lucio Fulci Collection
Because the reaction to that will be: "Oh no, a screenshot does in no way reflect how it looks in motion!")

Like this? Share it using the links below!