All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179635Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th August 2012, 10:16 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I normally wouldn't bother either but along with my Danny Dyer obsession, I've recently become intrigued by all the horror films I see going cheap in supermarkets. Apart from me, I've never seen anyone buy one and the shelves are full of them, so there must be a market for cheap direct to DVD films. It feels oddly transgressive watching them instead of a steady diet of sleaze and weirdness.
THE DEVIL IN ME

I was looking forward to a possible R rated remake of Colt's "The Devil Inside Her" but instead got a fairly well acted knock off of "The Entity" and the whole recent slew of possession flicks I see advertised on telly.

The reason I purchased it are above, but as to this particular film, I was drawn in by the fact it didn't have Nazi zombies in it as the rest of the cheap films did and the BBFC warning stated "Contains very strong language and strong sex". Strong sex? I've had tougher wanks than the brief flash of boobs and bum in this steaming turd. There is a little bit of demon girl on non demon girl forced cunnilingus in a blink and you miss it moment.

Demon girl also licks up her own piss in one scene and that's about it for entertainment in the whole film.

Oh and the very strong language was two "c*nts", no doubt one for me for buying it and the other for the director.
Old 16th August 2012, 10:40 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
THE DEVIL IN ME

I was looking forward to a possible R rated remake of Colt's "The Devil Inside Her" but instead got a fairly well acted knock off of "The Entity" and the whole recent slew of possession flicks I see advertised on telly.

The reason I purchased it are above, but as to this particular film, I was drawn in by the fact it didn't have Nazi zombies in it as the rest of the cheap films did and the BBFC warning stated "Contains very strong language and strong sex". Strong sex? I've had tougher wanks than the brief flash of boobs and bum in this steaming turd. There is a little bit of demon girl on non demon girl forced cunnilingus in a blink and you miss it moment. Demon girl also licks up her own piss in one scene and that's about it for entertainment in the whole film.

Oh and the very strong language was two "c*nts", no doubt one for me for buying it and the other for the director.
You do have a way with words MTDS.

An entertaining post all the same.
Old 17th August 2012, 06:22 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Campfire Tales - looks like it was made for a tenner but I enjoyed this and I'm a sucker or these anthology films. One thing this doesn't scrimp on is the gore and the first 2 stories offer up grue of Fulci-style proportions. Things do go into decline after this and the last story in particular is a real drag and seems to be padded out to filll the running time.

All in all, well worth a punt for the price this is going for on Amazon at the moment. Unfortunately, the Sub Rosa DVD is remastered 'in the Vipco way' but it does contain a commentary track and a short film.
Old 17th August 2012, 07:30 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyman Joe View Post
Help me folks, a stoners channel surf has alighted on ITV4HDs screeing of Jaws 4 - The Revenge. What the hell am I watching??!!! Let me state categorically that there has NEVER been a franchise drop-off like Jaws to this. Ersatz Jamaica patois of the most unlistenable stripe? A ratarsed Michael Caine stumbling around a mni mardi gras with Jilly Goolden (was that her name? How quickly we forget) lookalike, a bearded actor with exactly one expression? Turn on ITV4HD now, this is unmissable!
It truely is terrible, but ike Jaw's 3D it has a stupid, poorly pulled off charm that make's it a fun watch.
It can not be compared to the decent second instalment or the superb first film though.

DVD and BD collection
Old 17th August 2012, 10:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Dictator. Can see why it wasn't a raging success in the US., flawed as all his work is imo, it still made me laugh and that's all I ask from a comedy film.
For some reason my mates didn't want to watch Mordum, so I pulled out Famous Monster, which they enjoyed (especially the tour round the house in the extras)
Rik likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th August 2012, 10:14 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
The Dictator. Can see why it wasn't a raging success in the US., flawed as all his work is imo, it still made me laugh and that's all I ask from a comedy film.
Funniest movie of the year in my opinion.

DVD and BD collection
Old 17th August 2012, 10:19 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Funniest movie of the year in my opinion.
Welllll, imo that would have to be The Human Centipede 2. Harumph
Rik likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th August 2012, 10:20 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Welllll, imo that would have to be The Human Centipede 2. Harumph
Do you get your fun milk out to Hostel then?

DVD and BD collection
Old 17th August 2012, 10:26 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Old 17th August 2012, 10:31 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Do you get your fun milk out to Hostel then?
Titter ye not!
I'l skip over the H****l reference, as most on here know my feelings about Eli Roth.

I only "get my fun milk out", if I understand you correctly to Gossip Girl or at a push Dr Alien

[B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!