Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179661Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th November 2012, 05:57 PM
Active Cultist

Regarding pop flix they have a youtube channel which has most of the giallo titles up on there, its called Pizzaflix .
robertzombie likes this.
Old 27th November 2012, 07:07 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
What's the quality on those Pop Flix sets like then?
I have the 'Deadly Fiends Collection' also. I have seen Your Vice... this week, and it looks not bad at all. Very watchable, especially considering the price. Audio is fine too. Nice film btw! Worth the price.
Killers on the Loose Collection is unavailable unfortunately (at Amazon), it contains The Fifth Cord. I want this!
Old 27th November 2012, 07:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Have finally started to unwrap my precious blu-rays. Watched Tenebrae (1982) last night, I have seen this film several times but still feel like an excited toddler when I watch this, Plus Goblin at The Arches, Glasgow is a great extra even if its just two songs.

Also trying to get my money's worth with my Lovefilm subscription so streaming through the 360 ended up watching the following yesterday:

Seance on a Wet Afternoon (1964) a fabulous, tense film.
The Old Dark House (1932) a great film to watch at 3am, I just love Charles Laughton.

I'm mainly searching under horror on lovefilm and putting them in order of release date and starting with the oldest, a pain to skip through.

Also been watching some episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark? through Lovefilm.
Handyman Joe likes this.
Old 27th November 2012, 07:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
Plus Goblin at The Arches, Glasgow is a great extra even if its just two songs.
That's my favourite part of the entire set, there's a few more poorly shot songs from that gig on you tube too, I wish they'd announce a UK tour for next year, I suspect a few of us would like to see them live
Handyman Joe likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th November 2012, 07:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
That's my favourite part of the entire set, there's a few more poorly shot songs from that gig on you tube too, I wish they'd announce a UK tour for next year, I suspect a few of us would like to see them live
Yes, I would love to.
Old 27th November 2012, 09:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
They did a gig in Melbourne for music week, and also a live performance over Suspiria, but the Suspiria sold out, and the concert was 18+

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 27th November 2012, 10:10 PM
Cult Addict

PROMETHEUS. Completely pointless prequel to the ALIEN films. It asks big questions and answers them with a depth and richness I last found when examining my own shit. A shiny and hollow bauble at best.
VicDakin, Rik, Gojirosan and 3 others like this.
Old 27th November 2012, 10:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
It asks big questions and answers them with a depth and richness I last found when examining my own shit.
Funniest thing I've read on here all day ha ha
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th November 2012, 10:35 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
PROMETHEUS. Completely pointless prequel to the ALIEN films. It asks big questions and answers them with a depth and richness I last found when examining my own shit. A shiny and hollow bauble at best.
Succinct and absolutely spot on.
Old 27th November 2012, 11:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Breed (2001) 1/10 What a pile of £$%&! Crap story, crap acting, crap effects just Crap! Crap! Crap!

Slumber Party Massacre (1982) 6/10 I dont know maybe its the fact that I had to stop and start several times but this just didnt work for me.....Although it did have a few...(cough!) highlights!

Last of the Mohicans (1992) 9/10 Not perfect, but for me pretty damned close! Although the Directors definitive cut dosent change much from the UK's DVD version. A few extra lines and slightly longer scenes.

The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) 8/10 Not a franchise I thought really needed a reboot and although I enjoyed this version I'm still not convinced it does. A little overlong at 2 hours 16 minutes and the CGI lizard was for me a little over done.

Like this? Share it using the links below!