All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th January 2013, 08:39 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I like both Kill Bill films, part 1 more than 2. How did you get on at the Tarantino quiz?
Came second by one point. Annoyingly, one of their answers was wrong and we pulled them up on it (nerd alert!) which they checked and realised their error and said they'd give us an extra point for it but we're not sure they did (they don't give running scores so we kept track of our own score). So we think we might have come joint first but nevermind. It was good fun though and we got 2 bottles of wine out of it.
Old 17th January 2013, 08:50 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

That's like the Higher Education Challenge I took part in before Xmas, we came joint second and lost out to a bunch of trainee teachers who were overly familiar with their iPhones and Google, complaining about it did nothing but we beat everyone when it came to the amount of free wine and beer drank!
PaulD likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 17th January 2013, 09:20 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Recent viewings:

Delicatessen I hilarious!!!
jorishorror likes this.
Old 17th January 2013, 09:52 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

THE DRIVER - A re-watch of a film I reviewed a while back, so I won't go on about it again, but it still really is one of my fave movies. For me, it's more about isolation, paranoia and obsession than it is about car chases. Genuinely gripping and icily enigmatic, although some choose to read it as a straightforward actioner. I really must see 'Le Samourai', purported blueprint for this flick.

COP - With James Woods, who plays a homicide detective on the tail of a serial killer. He may be on the 'right' side of the law, but he thinks nothing of telling his young daughter bedtime stories based on his harrowing exploits as a hero cop (in a shrill but mesmerising scene he rants some polemic about how 'innocence kills' to his alienated wife). He rails against psychopaths, but is completely self absorbed and violently imposes his world view on anyone in his way. I say all this because to watch 'Cop' as a straight serial killer horror / thriller flick might be the wrong thing, as it never rises above B-movie functionality in this department. But I think its more truly intended as a character portrait, and in this way the film is fascinating as we're forced to stick with Woods despite him being such a total shit. There are some grating scenes and a clunky reveal, but again, everything seems based more around Woods than plot and resolution. In fact, everything seems to lead up to Woods' last line. I haven't read the Ellroy original, which might complicate my take on things, but either way 'Cop' is well worth seeing.
Old 17th January 2013, 09:58 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

couldn't sleep last night so ended up watching the dead will walk documentary on the dawn of the dead arrow blu ray, found it very interesting and informative.
PaulD and ArgentoFan1987 like this.
Old 17th January 2013, 11:08 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
That's like the Higher Education Challenge I took part in before Xmas, we came joint second and lost out to a bunch of trainee teachers who were overly familiar with their iPhones and Google, complaining about it did nothing but we beat everyone when it came to the amount of free wine and beer drank!
I remember you talking about that while ago. My brother worked in the Eskdale youth hostel (in the Lake District) last year and it's an area where there is practically no cellular reception and TV reception, broadband and other things we take for granted in towns are a premium.

When the local pub has a quiz, they turn the Wi-Fi off and, because there isn't any mobile reception, there isn't any way of using mobile Internet so there's no way of cheating by using electronic devices!
Rik and PaulD like this.
Old 17th January 2013, 11:48 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Here's the last film's I've seen recently.

Slightly less horror than usual...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 19.jpg (110.9 KB, 12 views)
Old 17th January 2013, 11:50 AM
Cult Addict

Thak god! I'm not the only poor sod who's watched Tom and Ierry meet Sherlcok Homes and survived!
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 17th January 2013, 12:06 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Thak god! I'm not the only poor sod who's watched Tom and Ierry meet Sherlcok Homes and survived!
Oi! What's wrong with that film?!
Old 17th January 2013, 12:07 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Oi! What's wrong with that film?!
Nout' just thankful i'm not the only one who enjoys a bit of T&J!

Like this? Share it using the links below!