Like Tree179666Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th December 2012, 09:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I saw Gremlins 2 at release too, did you fall for the broken projector gag? Because I and the rest of the cinema did when I saw it haha.
Ha ha, yeah I was there with a load of other kids from a kind of summer school thing run by my local park and the place went mental, one of the adults with us even went to go find out what the problem was ha ha
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th December 2012, 09:47 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
one of the adults with us even went to go find out what the problem was ha ha
Did they come back with Hulk Hogan . . . ?
Rik and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 11th December 2012, 09:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Did they come back with Hulk Hogan . . . ?
More like egg on their face from the embarrassment of it
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th December 2012, 10:12 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

December 10th

Mothers Day (2010)

From Darren Lynn Bousman the director of Saw II,III and IV comes Mothers Day. A film which is pretty much what you would expect from the maker of said movies. Its very brutal in places, has a decent story and is well acted on the whole. It was great to see Rebecca De Mornay back headlining a film where she plays the sadistic lead.

My main problem is that Mothers Day is just far too long and outstays its welcome. Clocking in at 108 minutes,the plot loses momentum around the hour mark and it seems the characters are put in different perilous scenarios just for the sake of it. An additional twenty minutes knocked off the running time would have tightened the storyline and proved a more rivetting viewing experience.

Chalet Girl (2011)

Kim used to be a champion skater until her mother died in a car accident and she lost her nerve. Now stuck in a dead -end job she gets the opportunity to work in Austria for four months as a chalet girl - someone who lives and looks after the expensive chalets for rich clients.

Filmed on location in the Alps, Chalet Girl is a stunning advertisement for St. Anton and all the other beautiful alpine villages. Some of the scenes on the slopes are breathtaking and make me wish i was an accomplished snow boarder or skier.

A film that will never change your world admittedly, yet Chalet Girl is an enjoyable romp with immensely likeable characters and humerous if not rip roaringly funny scenarios. The film is a very easy watch and one i can see myself going back to as i watched it and finished it with a smile on my face.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 11th December 2012, 10:18 PM
Cultist

REQUIEM (2006) Hans-Christian Schmid (Germany)
An exorcism film without a spinning head... This is an excellent film, and a wonderful performance by the lead Sandra Huller. If you like exorcism films, Repulsion, Bergman's faith trilogy, descending into madness, and so on, you must see this one. Religion/family "values" can drive us mad...
Old 11th December 2012, 10:44 PM
Cultist in Training

Hell Up In Harlem - Old Larry Cohen movie. 73? (Too lazy to look it up right now). Not bad, not great. Review forthcoming. Probably.

- Razor88
Old 12th December 2012, 08:00 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Kieth Lemon: The Movie- AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!
Every intentions can't stand the prat,
Hawkmonger likes this.
Old 12th December 2012, 08:11 AM
Cult Addict

ROLLING THUNDER. Eco-friendly Paul Schrader recycles his TAXI DRIVER script for the masses in this powerful yet pulpy tale of 'Nam vets, hooked hands and blazing gun vengeance. It has an existentially nihilistic lite feeling to it for the most part until the wonderfully over the top, suicidal ending that, against my expectations was not that at all. A lost gem from the 70s and highly recommended.

TURKEY SHOOT. An outback, totalitarian spin on THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME which is full on from start to finish. Loud, dumb and fun.

THE DEVIL TIMES FIVE. The killer kiddie film by which all others should be measured. Bizarre, twisted and perverse from the get go, this is truly genre and mind warping stuff. Full of darkly humorous moments, brutality and an unholy glee, this is excellent stuff from the margins of 70s cinema that should be seen. Highly recommended.
Old 12th December 2012, 08:43 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Every intentions can't stand the prat,
So it's not just me then?!

I thought with keith lemon/bo selecta I was in the same boat as I was with Gavin and stacey, the only person in great britain who found the show about as funny as cancer.
Old 12th December 2012, 08:43 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
ROLLING THUNDER. Eco-friendly Paul Schrader recycles his TAXI DRIVER script for the masses in this powerful yet pulpy tale of 'Nam vets, hooked hands and blazing gun vengeance. It has an existentially nihilistic lite feeling to it for the most part until the wonderfully over the top, suicidal ending that, against my expectations was not that at all. A lost gem from the 70s and highly recommended.

TURKEY SHOOT. An outback, totalitarian spin on THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME which is full on from start to finish. Loud, dumb and fun.

THE DEVIL TIMES FIVE. The killer kiddie film by which all others should be measured. Bizarre, twisted and perverse from the get go, this is truly genre and mind warping stuff. Full of darkly humorous moments, brutality and an unholy glee, this is excellent stuff from the margins of 70s cinema that should be seen. Highly recommended.
3 great pics there!

All classics imo.

Like this? Share it using the links below!