Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179713Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th November 2012, 11:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Just watched The Departed for the first time, as those who are friends with me on Facebook will have seen earlier tonight, I've never seen it because I can't stand Leonardo DiCaprio (same reason I haven't seen Shutter Island), but I've gotta say I loved it and feel a bit foolish for letting my hatred of an actor stop me from seeing a cracking film before tonight! A nice nod to the shower scene in Psycho too towards the end with shots that are identical

Still think he's a twat though!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 28th November 2012, 11:32 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonknight View Post
Fair enough. Makes one wonder what The Vomit Gore Trilogy are like? More puking I wonder?
I've seen the first one which I enjoyed. It's an underground horror/art film with excessive amounts of vomit fetish scenes. If you like to push yourself, and what you find acceptable/beyond the pale in the realms of extreme cinema it's worth a look. Do have a sick bag ready as it truly is a vomit inducing film and made me gag several times whilst watching it!
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 29th November 2012, 12:18 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I've seen the first one which I enjoyed. It's an underground horror/art film with excessive amounts of vomit fetish scenes. If you like to push yourself, and what you find acceptable/beyond the pale in the realms of extreme cinema it's worth a look. Do have a sick bag ready as it truly is a vomit inducing film and made me gag several times whilst watching it!
we all have different taste and opinions of films and what good bad right wrong but realy why would anyone want to watch such films that make them feel that way feel dirty unclean disgusting sick etc, arent films meant to be enjoyable to watch ?
Old 29th November 2012, 12:56 AM
Cultist in Training

Watched Brainiac not too long ago. It's entertaining in a completely horrible way. Needed boobies.

REVIEW

- Razor88
Old 29th November 2012, 05:48 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
we all have different taste and opinions of films and what good bad right wrong but realy why would anyone want to watch such films that make them feel that way feel dirty unclean disgusting sick etc, arent films meant to be enjoyable to watch ?
Not necessarily. Is Last House on the Left enjoyable to watch?

Last edited by PaulD; 29th November 2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old 29th November 2012, 11:11 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Pet Sematary-not on blu ray, but still upscaled rather well on DVD. Say what you like about this film but I put it up there with some of the better Stephen King adaptions (damn sight better than Kubricks piss poor adaption of The Shining) and it'll always be a soft spot for me seeing as the book was my first SK novel and the first adult book I ever read at the impressionable age of either 11 or 12, plus Zelda still creeps me out 20 years after first watching it, I can't honestly think of another film that can do this, hence my reason for watching it in broad daylight!

Will definitely be upgrading once Xmas is out of the way!
Hawkmonger likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 29th November 2012, 02:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
With mordum the last 10 minutes especially make all the crying over SERBIAN FILM seem laughable, its a far more harrowing experience than SF could ever hope to be with its silly looking rubber dolly's. In my opinion the august underground films are well made, just really really tough going and genuinely troubling as well.
Stirred up a wee nest haven't I?. Mordum is just a film...it isn't Orcozo or anything like that.
Mate mentioned it in passing (he's the one who sat bored through Snuff 102 etc) so on it went. I guess it all has to do with the level of empathy you feel for people really....

On a slightly different tack, a chap at the radio proclaimed "have you seen a film called Man Bites Dog then?" To which I started singing "Cinema! Cinema!" at the top of my voice.....and I'm surprised I'm single hahaha
Frankie Teardrop likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 29th November 2012, 02:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Nightwing (1979) With one of the funniest bat attacks I've ever seen!

The One That Got Away (1957) Good old fashioned British war movie.

The Blood Spattered Bride (1972) Last time I saw this was thirty years ago on VHS and the scene that stuck in my impressionable teenage mind was Alexandra Bastedo being dug out of the sand and realising she was sans clothing! Thirty years later its still the only scene thats gonna stick! The movie as a whole wasn't that great!
Old 29th November 2012, 03:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The tall man
I enjoyed this very well made film about kids that are going missing, can't say to much about the film without giving story line away but a highly enjoyable watch ,

In time many films have had stories where you can only live till a certain age like Logan's run, but this has a different concept where you literally are living on borrowed time and you can beg win and steal time to live longer, but you don't age but can live longer different and enjoyable watching the 2 main characters rebel against the system,

Pulse you can tell this is a Hollywood remake due to that fact the storyline is strange and weird and jgrudge style that's not the type that Hollywood could come up with, but weird freaky and enjoyable that makes me want to seek out the sequels
Old 29th November 2012, 03:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Stirred up a wee nest haven't I?. Mordum is just a film...it isn't Orcozo or anything like that.
Mate mentioned it in passing (he's the one who sat bored through Snuff 102 etc) so on it went. I guess it all has to do with the level of empathy you feel for people really....

On a slightly different tack, a chap at the radio proclaimed "have you seen a film called Man Bites Dog then?" To which I started singing "Cinema! Cinema!" at the top of my voice.....and I'm surprised I'm single hahaha
Orozco the Embalmer by any chance?
Demoncrat likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!