LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th June 2013, 06:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Contraband
Strip Nude For Your Killer
Redemption (new Statham, meh)
The Dead One (just to make sure, yes, turgid slop)
Fascination (Il stick with The Iron Rose....)
Black Magic Rites (Renato Polselli)

And what I thought.....

genius, Fulci's 1980 Gangster epic....Testi gets testy hahahaha.
average thriller
not as fun as Dont look In The Basement
Lahaie looks lovely though....
promising start, dwindled to mush (or was it the merlot??)
I must say I wasn't expecting much when I started watching "The Dead One" and on that I wasn't disappointed! There were bits of it that I got to thinking "WHY!" Like in the club scene they filmed for the whole of the song that the girl was dancing to, but kept cutting away to show the happy couple awkwardly smiling as they pretended to enjoy it. WHY? Why show the whole of that scene when they really only needed a couple of minutes dancing and the couple and dancer talking when they stopped to help her? That's why it was so turgid, they could've cut three quarters of an hour of nothing happening and made it a "Twilight Zone Lite" episode!

I have to admit to fast forwarding through a lot of the movie because it wasn't...moving that is! but some segments had me in stitches like the sister trying to act angry and the "fabulous artistry" of the dancing girl (nice figure, mind).

One to avoid unless it is for the brilliant prophecy that was evident in the film, what 1970s Snooker Players would look like ten years later!

Demoncrat likes this.

Monster Magnet
Old 10th June 2013, 06:13 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

And what about Strip Nude For Your Killer?
Old 10th June 2013, 06:31 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post
Cannibal Holocaust (1980) First time seeing it! Thats the Amazon crossed off my 'to go' list! Seriously though it was an interesting watch, I saw the version with the cruelty and it's one of those films that make me feel a little uncomfortable which is why I chose this version. To me film and cinema are best when it elicits emotions whether its laughter or disgust!
It's an amazing film and I think over the passage of time it's started to get the artistic recognition it deserves as opposed to simple, knee-jerk outrage and controversy. Whether this is down to the fact that since it's release the bounds of taste have been stretched even further by Buttgereit, Guinea Pig, Serbian efforts, AU etc I don't know. Certainly deserves a permanent place in film history
JoshuaKaitlyn and troggi like this.
Old 10th June 2013, 06:39 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Contraband

genius, Fulci's 1980 Gangster epic....Testi gets testy hahahaha.
It's a late Poliziotteschi entry but Fulci certainly made one of better, more brutal ones in Contraband. Up there with Lenzi's Almost Human
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 10th June 2013, 09:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

"The Dark Power"

I started disliking this movie long before the first death, an old Native American, right at the start, whose peaceful, natural death kicks off the series of murders by Zombie Toltec Sorcerers... eventually. -8/10 for story and acting and another -2/10 for old guy Lash LaRue, the whipman!
"The Goatman Murders"

A.K.A. "Deadly Detour"

If you see "The Goatman Murders in Asda for £3 and buy it, you've just paid £2.75 too much. Only good to put on when there are 4 or 5 of you and you're all smashed and ready for a gory laugh. It's a complete waste of eyeball time if you're alone.

Monster Magnet
Old 10th June 2013, 10:04 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Is there a Goatman in it Troggi?

He looks kinda' cool from the cover.
Old 10th June 2013, 10:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Terror trap, along the lines of Vacancy but not quite as good worth a watch if you catch in on Horror channel like I did but not one I would rush to go out my way to watch or buy.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 10th June 2013, 11:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Is there a Goatman in it Troggi?

He looks kinda' cool from the cover.
No just some inbred in dungarees. Lots of gore and guts, some good deads, a bit of sex and a false ginger circumcised penis having a pee, at least I hope it was false or he had some weird fun-fur pubic hair!

Monster Magnet
Old 11th June 2013, 05:34 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
Just saw Mama. What a tedious waste of two hours (if you included trailers etc) that was! Utterly contrived and deathly dull. The whole build up has these creepy, feral kids giggling around the house, playing with something that we are only afforded glimpses of, while Jessica Chastain's walking cliché, punk rock adopted mother (Look! She wears a Misfits shirt, has tattoos and says "****" on her voice mail message!) does her best to look like she gives a shit (and fails). Of course the ending is signposted a mile off during some awful flashback dream sequences, and has the contorting, CGI Mama plastered all over the screen, like some early reject from Ringu.

Dreadful.
Just finished watching this. Delirium summed it up perfectly. It was the equivalent to vomit from a lobotomy victim. Stay far away from this one.
troggi likes this.
Old 11th June 2013, 09:20 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
And what about Strip Nude For Your Killer?
Cough, reviewed it the last last time twas on I think....pretty sure I did hence no mention this time. Regardless I love this sordid sordid film....see last scene etc....sleazy til the end hahaha.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!