Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179681Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th March 2013, 10:18 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

You've certainly watched a lot,still no Miracles though?

Last edited by bdc; 18th March 2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 18th March 2013, 10:47 AM
Cultist

Caught The Night Evelyn Came Out Of The Grave and Hospital Massacre at a horror all-nighter, the former was good fun but a bit dragged out and all over the place, the latter was a bit bland, not quite outrageous enough for 4 in the morning viewing but definitely had some brilliant unintentional humour.
Old 18th March 2013, 11:28 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

As I usually go visiting Saturday but was left with the day to myself...
CONTAINS SPOILERS CONTAINS SPOILERS

Vamps.
A cheeky start devolves into romcom land, with a side order of subtext about aging gracefully in this accelerated culture imo. Kirsten Ritter looks stunning in all scenes, but then I am biased cough, she is too thin though really. Ahem.

Bloody Moon. a Jesus Franco film, not representitive of his more "languid" style, more a by-the-numbers slasher set around a girls school. SO?? I still love this film...."Hey! I'm game for anything...." as she's tied to a sawmill.....would watch this all day if I could hahahaha. Ahem.

The Transporter II. My Statham binge gathers pace, hmmm this not a patch on the 1st imo. too "Bond-y" for my liking, and the cutesy plot contained too few memorable set pieces for my taste. Next up....War & Death Race, aaaaaaand found a copy of the Uwe boll film he did today...did i say Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee btw? Ahem.

Race With The Devil. Great paranoid thriller, it brought back a lot of memories from childhood viewings on the beeb. the part with the snakes in the motorhome were quite unsettling imo!!.

rewatched my Kevin Turvey VHS, as it fell out of a box, whislt I was looking for something else!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 18th March 2013, 11:30 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGunnar Hansen View Post
Caught The Night Evelyn Came Out Of The Grave and Hospital Massacre at a horror all-nighter, the former was good fun but a bit dragged out and all over the place, the latter was a bit bland, not quite outrageous enough for 4 in the morning viewing but definitely had some brilliant unintentional humour.
Nice!

I'd love to know the story behind Hospital Massacre, I don't know if it's just plain bad or an amazing spoof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (1978)
I watched this again last night, the ending is devastating as ever!
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 18th March 2013, 12:47 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond72 View Post
Nice!

I'd love to know the story behind Hospital Massacre, I don't know if it's just plain bad or an amazing spoof!

I watched this again last night, the ending is devastating as ever!
Watched Body Snatchers the other week myself actually, with my pal who hadn't seen it before - forgot how good Jeff Goldblum is in it, and how funny some of it is! That bit with the dog is still really freaky. Gets a bit dragged out towards the end but still great stuff.
Old 18th March 2013, 01:06 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
You've certainly watched a lot,still no Miracles though?
I saw Miracles at the beginning of the month, but want to watch it again with the Bey Logan commentary.
bdc likes this.
Old 18th March 2013, 01:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

yesterdays viewings
beetlejuice
the devils rock
red scorpion
rawhead rex\
M*A*S*H
ancient aliens

is it me or does the guy in the photo look like a alien
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0261.jpg (96.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg mash.jpg (7.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg ancientaliens04b_2.jpg (53.5 KB, 6 views)
PaulD likes this.
Old 18th March 2013, 02:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I think I outdid myself, watching 23 films last week!

Battleship.

How can you enjoy a film yet spend half the running time tearing your hair out?. Its odd, but i liked and disliked it with equal measure.
Old 18th March 2013, 02:42 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Battleship.

How can you enjoy a film yet spend half the running time tearing your hair out?. Its odd, but i liked and disliked it with equal measure.
Great guilty pleasure for me, wasn't sure if it would hold up to a second viewing after being pleasantly surprised by it in the cinema (it worked really well with the D-Box moving seats), watched it again on Sky the other week and thoroughly enjoyed it again. Total cheese but almost Verhoeven-y at points, like Independence Day at sea.

Also thought Cowboys & Aliens was under-rated - fun throwback 80s-ish nonsense, more full-on that I expected too. John Carter was another one I quite liked that got totally slated.
Old 18th March 2013, 03:11 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Scissors (1991)

It may be fifteen years too late and an American production rather than filmed at Cinecitta but Scissors is a giallo in all but name.

A sexually repressed young woman, a fine early performance from Sharon Stone by the way. A horrific attack by an unknown assailant in an appartment block lift. A pair of decidedly odd twins, played by Steve Railsback. Scissors found in bodies, a creepy collection of porcelain dolls, and the womans near breakdown as she ends up trapped in a furnished but abandoned appartment.

A fine mind bending thriller that deserves an audience especially as you can still pick up the decent widescreen dvd for pence.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scissors-Poster.jpg (32.8 KB, 3 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!