Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th August 2013, 12:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I don't know about making you cough, but it is one of the finest piece of horror literature ever written.
I could go for a piece of that, I must get back into reading "growed up books".
Demoncrat likes this.

Monster Magnet
Old 12th August 2013, 12:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Marketa Lazarova - 4.5/5

The first hour is difficult to follow but the whole thing is visually spectacular and has fantastically atmospheric music, and it's so authentic-looking. I can't wait to watch it again, as I will be able to understand the first hour more now that I know the characters and have watched the supplements.

The Devil's Backbone - 4/5

I saw this on TV a while ago but wasn't really in the mood and wasn't fully concentrating but could see objectively that it was a good film, today however I was fully into it and enjoyed it a lot more. As usual, Del Toro's creature effects didn't sit too well with me (although I like the blood rising from his head), but at least it's low on fantasy as that's not my kinda thing (I'm not into Pan's Labyrinth, but will give it another go sometime).
Frankie Teardrop and troggi like this.
Old 12th August 2013, 01:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

"Dune Apocalypse" Part 2

In this episode Muad'Dib has gone into the desert and his twin offspring are in danger from the once Imperial House Corrino and their Aunt Alia. They escape with the help of their grandmother, Jessica Atreides. We are left with the cliff hanger of Leto Atreides choice to take the "Golden Path".

From what I remember of the book, The Children of Dune", this is a pretty faithful representation. As it was made as a mini-series for TV it looks much "bigger" than it's budget would have allowed for.

17/10 so far!

Monster Magnet
Old 12th August 2013, 04:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched Rocky for the third time. I only saw it for the first time last year? It was always a film I thought I wouldn't like. Turned out to be a favourite of mine (although I've yet to see the sequels).

The scene where Mickey visits Rocky at his house is one of my favourite scenes ever!
Dave Boy likes this.
Old 12th August 2013, 06:01 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I saw Wierd Science (1985) for the first time last night.

The film itself was fairly average, in fact for a John Hughes film it was pretty poor, and the two leads a bit annoying. Kelly Le Brock was pretty yummy though. My favourite part of the film was when Vernon Wells from Mad Max 2 popped up along with Michael Berryman as gatecrashing mutant bikers. Totally unexpected. The rest of the film was fairly forgettable and very dated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Movie_poster_for_Weird_Science_(1985).jpg (28.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 12th August 2013, 06:08 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I saw Wierd Science (1985) for the first time last night.

The film itself was fairly average, in fact for a John Hughes film it was pretty poor, and the two leads a bit annoying. Kelly Le Brock was pretty yummy though. My favourite part of the film was when Vernon Wells from Mad Max 2 popped up along with Michael Berryman as gatecrashing mutant bikers. Totally unexpected. The rest of the film was fairly forgettable and very dated.
We definitely need a "dislike" button on this forum!
Rik, trebor8273 and troggi like this.
Old 12th August 2013, 06:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Another vote for the dislike button
I love Weird Science, which is why I pre-ordered the Blu the other day
trebor8273, troggi and nosferatu42 like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 12th August 2013, 06:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well starting evil dead remake then might watch the church later, will post thoughts later.
Rik, keirarts and troggi like this.
Old 12th August 2013, 06:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Well starting evil dead remake then might watch the church later, will post thoughts later.
Looking forward to your thoughts on The Church
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 12th August 2013, 07:09 PM
Cult Master

220px-Thor_poster.jpg beat_street_-_custom_por_mastercustom_dvd_80.jpg images.jpg Vhs-film-poster.jpg murphys_law_poster_01.jpg

Watching all the James Bond films was put off the weekend actually just about to start DR NO right now but these were the weekends films.

Thor not bad but not great i cant stand Chris Hemsworth as Thor he just annoys me and also hes not hairy enough thats not a beard fit for a God.

Beat Street I came across this by accident on MGM channel had it on for a few minutes ended up watching it to the end and i loved it. Im not a big Hip Hop fan but this was when Hip Hop was pure and had something to say not just fools shouting random words and talking about how rich they are.

Black Sabbath A great film with some great use of light and color a fine piece of work with plenty of great atmosphere.

V/H/S I have heard alot about this both good and bad. Film started with high hope really enjoyed the first two stories but the third was so bad the effects were terrible totally took me out of the film so much i stopped watching it.

Murphy,s Law Film is great but the character of McGee just annoyed me her string of insults were too stupid and too many most of her dialogue like dog breath barf breath sperm breath you get the pictures. Apart from that its Bronson so its AWESOME

Like this? Share it using the links below!