Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th August 2013, 08:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Evil dead remake

Really enjoyed it, one of the best remakes I've seen, not as good as the maniac remake but still one of the best. For a change we have a bunch of likeable characters and i actually found this more intense than the orginal especially last ten minutes. Watched right till the end of credits and all I can say is I need to change myself I was that excited! 9/10

Edit
Also like the little nods and winks towards the orginal movies
Rik, fuzzymctiger, troggi and 1 others like this.

Last edited by trebor8273; 12th August 2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12th August 2013, 08:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Evil dead remake

Really enjoyed it, one of the best remakes I've seen, not as good as the maniac remake but still one of the best. For a change we have a bunch of likeable characters and i actually found this more intense than the orginal especially last ten minutes. Watched right till the end of credits and all I can say is I need to change myself I was that excited! 9/10
Glad you enjoyed it, I'll probably get to watch my copy on Friday (unless it arrives on Wednesday).
trebor8273 and troggi like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 12th August 2013, 08:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Was going to view the church next but want a change of pace so going to watch some cheers I do have a 11 season too watch.
troggi likes this.
Old 12th August 2013, 09:15 PM
Cult Addict

Evil Dead (remake) a mixed bag of tricks, bits of it work very well, mainly the gore but on the whole it falls flat. Oddly, it reminded me more of a well shot Italian horror from the mid to late 80s than the original film.

SPRING BREAKERS. F*ck DRIVE, this is the existential nightmare I've been waiting for and it comes sugar coated in candy pink colours. More a mood piece than a straight forward film, this oozes lust, innocence and menace out of every gusset shot. Highly recommended.
Old 12th August 2013, 09:18 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post

SPRING BREAKERS. F*ck DRIVE, this is the existential nightmare I've been waiting for and it comes sugar coated in candy pink colours. More a mood piece than a straight forward film, this oozes lust, innocence and menace out of every gusset shot. Highly recommended.
Is it just me or do the females in the film look very young im talking 15 young maybe its just the poster i looked at but it kind of disturbed me.
troggi likes this.
Old 12th August 2013, 09:22 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Glad you enjoyed it, I'll probably get to watch my copy on Friday (unless it arrives on Wednesday).
Did I read somewhere you'd ordered yours from Sainsburgers Rik? Weirdest thing was I nipped down to our local store tonight to pick up their exclusive 2-disc edition and it wasn't there. It wasn't out of stock or anything. It simply wasn't their. Not even listed in the new releases. Thinking this was odd I had a look on Amazon to check the release date and although I'd got that right Amazon are saying that delivery is 1-2 months!! I thought maybe there was some big problem with the disc like Cabin In The Woods last year. I drove over to Asda to see if they had it and weirdly there it was. So I decided to chance a drive down to Newport Sainsburys and there it was! In fact they had a whole different bunch of new releases. Incidentally the 3-disc Evil Dead Trilogy Boxset was there for £14.99 too. So the moral of this story is...
...erm...
...not sure...
...if you build it they will come?...
Rik and troggi like this.
Old 12th August 2013, 09:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Did I read somewhere you'd ordered yours from Sainsburgers Rik? .
I did order it from Sainsbury's, it still says "preparing for dispatch" on my order and on the site earlier it said expected dispatch within 9 working days, that made me think there was a problem with it, they've taken the money so I expect it to ship in the morning
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 12th August 2013, 09:29 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Is it just me or do the females in the film look very young im talking 15 young maybe its just the poster i looked at but it kind of disturbed me.
Selena Gomez looks very young in it so just to be safe I stopped wanking whenever she was on screen. She's actually 21.
Old 12th August 2013, 09:32 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I watched A FIELD IN ENGLAND yesterday.
Not a patch on Kill List or Sightseers,but definitely worth a whirl!

Two oldies as well which looked superb on Blu Ray-
THE GREAT ESCAPE and GREYSTOKE TARZAN.

The latter looked especially pristine.
trebor8273 and troggi like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th August 2013, 09:33 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Selena Gomez looks very young in it so just to be safe I stopped wanking whenever she was on screen. She's actually 21.

I cant think of anything witty you shut me up

Like this? Share it using the links below!