Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th July 2013, 05:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Lisa and the Devil

I'm stunned...the lolly predates Kojak

Pretty confusing movie that'll demand another watch or two before I make my mind up. Telly Savalas is a welcome addition to any movie though
Old 20th July 2013, 05:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann View Post
Lisa and the Devil

I'm stunned...the lolly predates Kojak

Pretty confusing movie that'll demand another watch or two before I make my mind up. Telly Savalas is a welcome addition to any movie though
I don't know if its true but bava is supposed of suggested lollipops to savalas as he was tring to give up smoking
troggi likes this.
Old 20th July 2013, 07:25 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I don't know if its true but bava is supposed of suggested lollipops to savalas as he was tring to give up smoking
I read in Stephen Thrower's liner notes that Bava suggested Leandro ate grapes throughout the film and TS proposed a lollipop instead. In either case, it's a brilliant bit of trivia I'll dine out on.
troggi likes this.
Old 20th July 2013, 07:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Stir crazy

The perfect casting of gene wilder and Richard Pryor in perhaps there greatest film, side splittingly funny fantastic performances from both stars, but Pryor was amazing. 9.5/10

I know what you did last summer

Good teen slasher with some decent twist and turns. Also a very good picture quality on blu ray. 7/10

Watching the entity I film I've wanted to see for years but never got around to seeing. A little slow but enjoying it
troggi likes this.
Old 20th July 2013, 07:55 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I read in Stephen Thrower's liner notes that Bava suggested Leandro ate grapes throughout the film and TS proposed a lollipop instead. In either case, it's a brilliant bit of trivia I'll dine out on.
I'm pretty sure that's mentioned in Tim Lucas's commentary on the Arrow Video and Kino Lorber BDs.
Old 20th July 2013, 08:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Watching the entity I film I've wanted to see for years but never got around to seeing. A little slow but enjoying it
Love "The Entity" and I haven't seen it in years!

Here goes...
geekdog.jpg

"Santa Clause Conquers the Martians"

Why do I do this to myself? I knew this film would be either a classic "so bad it's good" film or something so bad that the turkeys crapped on it! Sadly I found out in the first two minutes that it is the latter and I had to endure another 77minutes and 55 seconds of it.

The picture and sound quality was disappointingly good so I could see and hear it, every single frame, for 79 minutes and 55 seconds, I will never get that time back!

1/10 for the outrageously thrown together Martian costumes, -21/20 for everything else. -20/20 overall.

Monster Magnet
Old 20th July 2013, 09:29 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
Here goes...
Attachment 114905

"Santa Clause Conquers the Martians"

Why do I do this to myself? I knew this film would be either a classic "so bad it's good" film or something so bad that the turkeys crapped on it! Sadly I found out in the first two minutes that it is the latter and I had to endure another 77minutes and 55 seconds of it.

The picture and sound quality was disappointingly good so I could see and hear it, every single frame, for 79 minutes and 55 seconds, I will never get that time back!

1/10 for the outrageously thrown together Martian costumes, -21/20 for everything else. -20/20 overall.
Fool!

It's a classic!!
troggi likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 20th July 2013, 09:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Bugger me!!

Remind me to get a take away.
troggi likes this.
Old 20th July 2013, 09:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Girls against Boys last night. Not at all the film I expected, but well worth a look.

Pacific Rim. As expected. A wonderful spectacle but an unfulfilling, hollow experience. It confirms my feeling that although we can now show everything that can be imagined paradoxically we seem to be able to imagine less and less.
Old 20th July 2013, 09:47 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Fool!

It's a classic!!
Although the title gives away the ending, it's a great example of a 'so bad it's good' movie and a bona fide cult classic.

Like this? Share it using the links below!