All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179682Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st September 2013, 02:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Great review Delirium. You should join in with the monthly Review Club (as should anyone else who is interested).
Oh, thanks. Appreciate it.
Old 1st September 2013, 03:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
There is Monster Squad graffiti in the toilet in NOTC and one of Tom Atkin's first scenes uses slightly reworded dialogue from MS. Have you seen Dekker's TEEN AGENT recently? I wonder how that holds up these days.
Never heard of TEEN AGENT. Need to check it out. Thx for the heads up.
Old 1st September 2013, 03:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
The Orphan Killer.

A Matt Farnsworth film. I was surprised by this low budget slasher in that it is far more competent than I hoped. The story is basic, brother and sister are orphaned after their parents are murdered. Sister is adopted, brother beats another kids head in with a bat and is forced to wear a mask and endure many years of torture from the nuns. Then he gets an axe and becomes Marcus Miller, The Orphan Killer.
The film is carried by the female lead (Diane Foster) and I was mightily impressed with her efforts (and her bum!) all the way through. The blood flows thick and fast as Marcus throws that axe about with some mean intent!
I believe Matt wants to make a new franchise with this character.. best of luck to him.

Edit; German Blu/DVD Mediabook available from D&T, Official Orphan Killer site sold out of Blu's but have DVD's.
My god I thought this film was AWFULL. Couldn't get past the first 30 minutes with the overlong and boring opening shots of the car and the very annoying scream metal music that went with the kills. I could immediately tell this was gonna be a meaningless and very amateurish gorefest.
troggi likes this.
Old 1st September 2013, 03:33 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buboven View Post
Never heard of TEEN AGENT. Need to check it out. Thx for the heads up.
Just checked up on it, Dekker wrote the script but didn't direct as I thought.
Old 1st September 2013, 04:16 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Really tiring day at work so settling down on the sofa to watch The Initiation on Netflix
troggi likes this.
Old 1st September 2013, 04:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Just watched Jurassic Park 3D.
Very good conversion done by Stereo D, same company that did Titanic.
Excellent 3D shots include the TRex attacking the Jeep and Raptors in the kitchen!

I bought the blu ray from Australia for only £14!
troggi likes this.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 1st September 2013, 05:09 PM
Cult Addict

I watched Michael Manns The Keep last night after recording from film4 a few weeks ago.
Not sure what to make of it. Clearly it's a film that had a lot of tampering, it seemed quite incoherent in parts with it's style wandering from subtle eerie imagery to full on creature feature. While I appreciate it isn't it felt quite Lovecraftian as well. The first half hour is the best part of the film before it started to fall apart. That said I'd love to see a revised directors cut or even just the rumoured 4 hour (someone correct me if that's wrong, I'm going from memory here) version that Mann originally filmed.
Wes, Invid Ninja and troggi like this.
Old 1st September 2013, 05:16 PM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I watched Michael Manns The Keep last night after recording from film4 a few weeks ago.
Not sure what to make of it. Clearly it's a film that had a lot of tampering, it seemed quite incoherent in parts with it's style wandering from subtle eerie imagery to full on creature feature. While I appreciate it isn't it felt quite Lovecraftian as well. The first half hour is the best part of the film before it started to fall apart. That said I'd love to see a revised directors cut or even just the rumoured 4 hour (someone correct me if that's wrong, I'm going from memory here) version that Mann originally filmed.
From what I gather, noone quite knows the full extent of Mann's original cut of The Keep as sources do range between the 150 minute to 210 minute mark. Glad more people are giving the film a look at least. Even in a truncated form, I still consider The Keep one of the single most atmospheric films I've ever seen.
nosferatu42 likes this.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)
Old 1st September 2013, 05:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

"The Last Will and Testament of Rosalind Leigh" (2012)

The star of the film was the house. Other than that I don't know. I couldn't understand what kind of film it wanted to be and had problems with choosing a ghost theme, a mental theme or a religious theme. Only 6/10 I'm afraid because all through the film it wanted to say more to me and I wanted it to say more but in the end it failed us both miserably!

"Zombie Flesh Eaters" (1979)

19.9/10 because I can!

Monster Magnet
Old 1st September 2013, 06:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Tales from the crypt

One of my favourite anthology films, poetic justice is still my favourite. Only thing i dont understand why is the crypt keeper from the tv series on the back of the box and on the disc 10/10

Die Nibelungen part one

Amazing especially when you consider when this was made, visual stunning even today and you can see how this has effected every fantasy film since. Amazed how much emotion the actors get from facial expressions and movement. Really has gotten me into silent films. Music was another highlight. 10/10

The unholy
Fun bit of 80s horror. 7/10

Aguirre the wrath of god

Highlight has to be kinkski performance . Beautiful shot 7.5/10

Hammer house of horror. The house that bed to death

Surprisingly good possessed house with a twist ending which I didn't see coming. 7/10

Masters of horror

Cigarette burns 9/10
Dreams of the witch house 7/10
Incident on a mountain road 8/10
Chocolate 5/10

Like this? Share it using the links below!