LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th August 2013, 08:21 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicbomb View Post
Not an untitled movie
An Ideal movie
never seen the series, as anyone on here seen it.
Never say it when it was on apart from the clip of the wonderful Mark E Smith as Jesus. Wheatley directed 14 of the episodes of the TV show.
Old 13th August 2013, 08:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The church

Very atmospheric, with surreal quality. In place remained me of demons but instead of possession by demons, we have people suffering from hallucinations. A bit slow in the middle but still very interesting and a fantastic last twenty minutes. Can't wait to get the directors other movies, dellamorta dellamore and the sect. 9/10

Is this the only version of the sect available?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/La-Setta-DVD...gy_d_h__text_y
Old 13th August 2013, 09:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
To be fair only two of the stories were guilty of that but that was enough. I can't stand found footage anyway so this had to do something exta special for me to like it. But yeah, rubbish. Rik'll love it
I'm sure I will
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 13th August 2013, 09:34 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975). * * * * out of * * * *

Brilliant actors / humorists, each of them in multiple roles. Hilarious dialogues. Excellent Terry Gilliam animations. There's a lack of oral sex and spanking, though.

A classic. Rating inspired by troggi: 69 / 10.

God: What are you doing now?
King Arthur: Averting our eyes, oh Lord.
God: Well, don't. It's just like those miserable psalms, they're so depressing. Now knock it off!

Old 13th August 2013, 10:14 PM
Cult Addict

ROGUE RIVER. A deliberate blandness dominates the look and action of this film that slowly unwinds in it's madness at a measured pace. Highly effective and just plan twisted, it plays like a non explicate and drab take on all those hardcore sex and torture films the underground scene was spitting out a few years ago. Highly recommended and a quid from Poundland.
Old 13th August 2013, 10:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
ROGUE RIVER. A deliberate blandness dominates the look and action of this film that slowly unwinds in it's madness at a measured pace. Highly effective and just plan twisted, it plays like a non explicate and drab take on all those hardcore sex and torture films the underground scene was spitting out a few years ago. Highly recommended and a quid from Poundland.
Don't people know yet.

You never ever go into a house when Bill Moseley invites you. Even if he does look like a born again Christian. In fact that should be reason enough.
Old 13th August 2013, 11:22 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
The church

Very atmospheric, with surreal quality. In place remained me of demons but instead of possession by demons, we have people suffering from hallucinations. A bit slow in the middle but still very interesting and a fantastic last twenty minutes. Can't wait to get the directors other movies, dellamorta dellamore and the sect. 9/10

Is this the only version of the sect available?
La Setta [DVD] [2002]: Amazon.co.uk: Herbert Lom, Kelly Curtis, Michel Adatte, Tomas Arana, Michele Soavi, Dario Argento: Film & TV

Sadly this is the only version at the minute. The Sect is good but its one of the weakest of Soavi's films. Still worth watching though..

Oh and the IDEAL tv series is great. If noone on here has seen it its well worth checking out. The concept of the director of Kill list doing an IDEAL movie has me sold

Metallicbomb and troggi like this.
Old 13th August 2013, 11:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975). * * * * out of * * * *

Brilliant actors / humorists, each of them in multiple roles. Hilarious dialogues. Excellent Terry Gilliam animations. There's a lack of oral sex and spanking, though.

A classic. Rating inspired by troggi: 69 / 10.

God: What are you doing now?
King Arthur: Averting our eyes, oh Lord.
God: Well, don't. It's just like those miserable psalms, they're so depressing. Now knock it off!

I mentioned once that I took a girl on a first date to see "Monty P. & the Holy G." http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/345462-post1.html It was great...er, the film that is... the date was a wash out, we spent too long watching the film and not what teenagers ought to do at the flicks! I love every single frame of that film even though there is a lack of oral sex and spanking (quite a lot of wet samite though ) And thank you for using my scoring system, this is one film that deserves a good 69/10!
Prince_Vajda likes this.

Monster Magnet
Old 13th August 2013, 11:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
"Dune Apocalypse" Part 2

In this episode Muad'Dib has gone into the desert and his twin offspring are in danger from the once Imperial House Corrino and their Aunt Alia. They escape with the help of their grandmother, Jessica Atreides. We are left with the cliff hanger of Leto Atreides choice to take the "Golden Path".

From what I remember of the book, The Children of Dune", this is a pretty faithful representation. As it was made as a mini-series for TV it looks much "bigger" than it's budget would have allowed for.

17/10 so far!
Part 3 finished it off in a satisfactory fashion. I don't want to take anything away from the beautiful David Lynch vision of Arrakis but I think that the one presented in this and the preceding "Dune" mini-series' is more cogent to the vision of Frank Herbert. It would be fantastic if they completed the trilogy with an attempt at "God-Emperor of Dune". 19/10 for "getting it nearly right!"
keirarts likes this.

Monster Magnet
Old 13th August 2013, 11:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

"Fallen" (1998)

I saw this some years ago and could remember the basic concept but not whole story. This time around I think that I enjoyed it even more than last time.

16/10 for an original concept well executed (see what I did there? If not watch the film)
Frankie Teardrop likes this.

Monster Magnet

Like this? Share it using the links below!