Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179635Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th November 2013, 03:51 PM
Cult Addict

Voices from beyond.

Thought the PQ on this was good and a step up from the DVD version I've been watching previously. As for the film, well it depends how you feel about Fulci's later works. It's very much typical of his later output, I don't mind it so much but I know some who find it unwatchable. Bare that in mind before buying.
Frankie Teardrop and troggi like this.
Old 16th November 2013, 03:58 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
The exterminator

Brilliant dark and gritty death wish style movie, john eastland goes about cleaning the streets of New York from scum and perverts. Detective James dalton (Christopher George ) is the police office on his trail, complications arise when the CIA are sent to kill our hero. 9/10

Exterminator 2

Just as good as the first, but in a different way, it has its dark moments but this more of fun and cheesy (how I love them) 80s movie. With Frankie Faison as eastlands friend who go about cleaning the city of X's gang( a very gay looking Mario van peeples) after Eastland's girlfriend is attack. A great bit of 80s cheese. 9/10

Next up eye of the tiger with Gary Busey Hollywoods most certifiable
Im ordering both come payday so i'll have the same double bill.

Also looking forward to The Alienator. Apparently Jan-Michael Vincent was drunk on set at all times.
trebor8273 and troggi like this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 16th November 2013, 04:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Has anyone ever ran out of things to watch on Netflix? or are some of you trying to watch everything on it?
troggi likes this.
Old 16th November 2013, 04:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
Has anyone ever ran out of things to watch on Netflix? or are some of you trying to watch everything on it?
No, I think about it it has so much stuff I don't really need to buy anything to watch till the day I die
troggi likes this.
Old 16th November 2013, 05:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Voices from beyond.

Thought the PQ on this was good and a step up from the DVD version I've been watching previously. As for the film, well it depends how you feel about Fulci's later works. It's very much typical of his later output, I don't mind it so much but I know some who find it unwatchable. Bare that in mind before buying.
Yes it's good and I'm very happy with it but Just Before Dawn looks a bit better to me and doesn't have as many digital artifacts or bleeding as Voices From Beyond.
troggi likes this.
Old 16th November 2013, 06:55 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
No, I think about it it has so much stuff I don't really need to buy anything to watch till the day I die
I can't bring myself to subscribe or whatever, my mates got it and most of the films im interested in i already own. The quality of the classic dr whos on there is really pants.
THe only thing i like is watching the 70s spiderman cartoons on there after a heavy night and doing my friends head in.
troggi likes this.
Old 16th November 2013, 06:59 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Each to their own. I thought Exorcism threw up much more interesting ideas. I'm familiar with both the vampire and exorcism sub-genres and thought Female vampire introduced little new or interesting. Exorcism was like a glorious f*** you to all the exorcism movies that were doing the rounds.
Basically Exorcism is a better movie but female vampires better if youve got a hard-on..
keirarts and troggi like this.
Old 16th November 2013, 07:13 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Basically Exorcism is a better movie but female vampires better if youve got a hard-on..
I'd say it was the other way round!
Old 16th November 2013, 07:20 PM
Cult Addict

Fair enuff.
Old 16th November 2013, 07:22 PM
Cult Addict

Personally i've got a thing about female vampires(70's muff style) and nuns. But that's just me.

Like this? Share it using the links below!