Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th May 2014, 07:43 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Sold!
I forgot to mention the hour in the middle which consists of people wondering around corridors talking about bugger all, I kinda took it as a given that people would know this would happen in this type of film.
Old 26th May 2014, 07:45 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I forgot to mention the hour in the middle which consists of people wondering around corridors talking about bugger all, I kinda took it as a given that people would know this would happen in this type of film.
I'll try and watch it this week and then let you know what I think.
Old 26th May 2014, 07:51 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I'll try and watch it this week and then let you know what I think.
That would be good as I watch loads of these low budget American films that no one else seems to watch. It would be good to know what other people think. Amazon Prime is a goldmine for them.
Old 26th May 2014, 08:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Trancers

The first story about trancer hunter jack deth who is sent back to the 20th century to hunt down whistler a man who can turn people into trancers(zombie like beings). A cross between blade runner and terminator. the wonderful and very under rated Tim thomerson is Jack deth and we have a early role for Helen hunt. Only downside picture quality which isn't great, so can't wait for the blu ray 9/10

Puppet master 3

My favourite of the puppet master movies, highly enjoyable with decent story and characters and who doesn't enjoy seeing nazis getting dispatched in various brutal ways. Costumes and sets are surprisingly good. Shows along with trancers that band used to produce some good stuff especially compared to the crap he releases nowadays. 9.5/10

Well up next the original and still the best of the series a nightmare on elm street
Old 26th May 2014, 10:14 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Dish (2000)

Quirky Australian black comedy about the Parkes Observatory in New South Wales and it's role in giving the world the landmark pictures of Apollo 11's landing on the moon. The fact the Australians installed the dish in the middle of a sheep ranch was of some concern to the scientific bods at NASA.

Quite charming and very funny in places, especially the difference in cultural attitudes between the US and quiet rural Australia. The Dish is alive with great characters brought vividly to life by a hugely witty script and excellent acting by the largely unknown (to me) cast.

A Private Function for the Southern Hemisphere. Highly recommended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Thedish_poster.jpg (38.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 26th May 2014, 10:36 PM
Cult Addict

More travels in the mainstream...THE LINCOLN LAWYER. Pretty good court based thriller with Matthew McConaughey gliding along on his own brand of charm and snake oil playing all the angles to save an ex client and possibly himself. Recommended. It is nice to watch the occasional film with more than six people in the cast and the setting being a wood or a corridor.
Old 26th May 2014, 11:41 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
In The Name Of The King: A Dungeon Siege Tale (Uwe Boll, 2007)

Uwe does LOTR, and many other things are chucked in. Featuring the corniest "reveal" in living memory, this rockets to no2 fave Stafam film. Also features his alltime worst emoting.

Well worth the £2 that I paid for it ahem.
I recorded this on syfy I think the other night not watched it yet . Will give it a go tomorrow night after reading this.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 27th May 2014, 04:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Nightmare on elm street

A classic that is still as effective after all these years and is still as fresh and frighting as the first time I saw it. It's a shame the films went more stupid and less scary as they went in. 10/10

Spearhead from space

A fantastic start to the pertwee era of doctor who and looks absolutely stunning on blu ray. 9/10
Mojo, Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 27th May 2014, 08:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Not sure if I should admit it on this board but I went to see Blended this evening. Blended is the most recent rom-com from Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore.

I really liked it. Yes it is slight. Yes the humour is gentle verging on bland. Yes the narrative and character arcs are completely predictable. Yes it is almost sickly sweet. But somehow, and I wasn't even there with a date, it manages to work. I really liked it.

I should also declare that I have a huge crush on Barrymore so could probably watch 90 minutes of her sat on a sofa watching T.V. and enjoy it.

I'll get my coat.
Old 27th May 2014, 09:06 PM
Cult Addict

TARZAN. I F#cking love TARZAN but this new animated feature is a pissed poor excuse of a film let alone a Tarzan one. There is very little action, a stupid story line and endless footage of animated landscapes. If I had wanted to watch bugger all for 90 minutes, I would have stuck to the regional slasher films. I actually apologised to the little MTDSs for taking them to see it. Terrible film.

Like this? Share it using the links below!