Like Tree179659Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th November 2014, 09:56 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post

Countess Dracula (1971)- Hammer's take on the Elizabeth Bathory story, blood of virgins, buxom wenches and Ingrid Pitt! Whats not to like?
It's boring.
mr 420 likes this.
Old 14th November 2014, 10:31 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It's boring.
It is a little slow going, and whilst it isn't my favourite Hammer film it's one I still enjoy a fair bit.
JoshuaKaitlyn likes this.
Old 14th November 2014, 10:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
It is a little slow going, and whilst it isn't my favourite Hammer film it's one I still enjoy a fair bit.
Totally agree.
Old 14th November 2014, 10:55 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post

Countess Dracula (1971)- Hammer's take on the Elizabeth Bathory story, blood of virgins, buxom wenches and Ingrid Pitt! Whats not to like?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
The last time i watched it ended up clock watching. Other times i've enjoyed it. Perhaps it's a mood thing. Shame, as all i remember is being bored the last viewing.
Old 14th November 2014, 11:05 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Any Hammer is good for me! though there are peaks and troughs with quality, usually down to budget and who was at the helm!
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 15th November 2014, 01:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Jodorowsky's Dune is the story of Jodorowsky's attempt to bring Dune to the big screen during the mid-70's with a galaxy of "spiritual warriors" that included Orson Well's, Dali, Moebius, Giger, Chris Foss, Mick Jagger. Unfortunately his vision was never realised, but its astonishing to see how influential this 'failed' film was on what followed. Having seen the documentary I very much would like to see both his film realised and his script book published.

The documentary is recommended (perhaps as at Imagine it would make a good double bill with Lynch's quite different interpretation).

While on the subject of Lynch's Dune, in his introduction to the reissue of Dune at the time of Lynch's film Herbert mentions that there was a lot (I seem to recall 6 hours) of unused material. I would also quite like to see the film Lynch set out to make.
Old 15th November 2014, 04:42 PM
Cult Master

Jackass 3.5

Stupid and immature, but (I know I shouldn't say this) some of it is laugh-out-loud funny and other bits are very wince inducing

Mind you, like the other Jackass releases, the whole thing very much a hit-and-miss affair
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 15th November 2014, 04:57 PM
Active Cultist

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, 2014. 7/10

The Guest, 2014. 7/10

Old 15th November 2014, 05:57 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Devil Girl from Mars (1954)

An alien crash lands in the Scottish Highlands, surrounding the area in an invisible force field. From the spacecraft emerges a fifteen-foot-tall robot and an evil Martian woman who announces that what remains of her people - just the women - have sent her to select Earth men for breeding purposes.

Creaky British science fiction from the early fifties with a robot seemingly inspired by Robbie the Robot from the seminal Forbidden Planet.

Patricia Laffan cuts an imposing figure as the devil girl from Mars. Resplendent in her rather short pvc mini dress with matching head wear, cape and kinky boots. The rural Scottish pub setting places it thoroughly as a British film, as does its almost stage play set up, meanwhile the eye candy casting of Laffan, Adrienne Corri and the gorgeous Hazel Court always makes it a worthwhile watch in more ways than one.

Number 64 in my Cult Labs' Top 100 favourite sci-fi films.

https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci...st-thread.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4184861171_0eefe89f84.jpg (51.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 15th November 2014, 06:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hunger games

Very surprised by this was expecting vomit inducing teen angst/ romance ie twilight, but what I got was a intresting and well acted film with likable leads and some intresting set designs. As others have said its battle royale lite set in a dystopian future. While no way near as violent as battle royale it was still more violent than I thought it would be for a Hollywood movie for the target audience it was aimed for, I look forward to watching the sequel tomorrow. 7.5/10
keirarts and Frankie Teardrop like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!