All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179668Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th November 2014, 08:32 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Interstellar is probably my most anticipated film of the year, moreso after reading your review and speaking to my brother, who said it was possibly the best film he's ever seen. It has made him think about the way he 'marks' films, thinking he had been too generous in the past and those he had previously given 10/10 now don't deserve it because they aren't as good as Interstellar!
Wow that is high praise Nos. Kelly and I will be going to see it at the new IMAX cinema that opened up in Chichester last week, can't wait. When will you be seeing it?

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 8th November 2014, 08:38 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Wow that is high praise Nos. Kelly and I will be going to see it at the new IMAX cinema that opened up in Chichester last week, can't wait. When will you be seeing it?
Hopefully on Tuesday. I'd see it sooner, but I'm watching a game of rugby today and going to Wembley tomorrow morning, returning Monday afternoon.
Old 8th November 2014, 08:59 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Hopefully on Tuesday. I'd see it sooner, but I'm watching a game of rugby today and going to Wembley tomorrow morning, returning Monday afternoon.
Might beat me to it then, let me know what you think

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 8th November 2014, 09:11 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Might beat me to it then, let me know what you think
Will do!
Old 8th November 2014, 11:00 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjconstable View Post
Interstellar (2014) - 5/5

As I was hoping, it's up there with 2001: A Space Odyssey and Tarkovsky's Solaris in terms of thought-provoking science fiction. It was an incredible experience in IMAX, it really felt like I was travelling through a wormhole and the film is just so visually epic throughout. It also quite accurately puts on-screen something I have experienced before which many will think is only theoretical, or even only fantasy, so I was loving that because I know it's real. My friends and I were discussing the film all the way home, a good sign
Solaris and 2001 are two of my all time favourite films, so I'm now even more intrigued in regards to Interstellar...
Old 8th November 2014, 11:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

tickets are now booked for Interstellar for tomorrow afternoon. the review has peaked my interest once again after the lackluster trailer
PaulD likes this.
Old 8th November 2014, 01:06 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
tickets are now booked for Interstellar for tomorrow afternoon. the review has peaked my interest once again after the lackluster trailer
I suspect the trailer was done to give as little away as possible, thus making it a little unengaging. I want to see it ASAP but am in London at the end of the month and so might just have to wait to see the 75mm print at the BFI IMAX
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 8th November 2014, 02:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Finally got around to watching my DVD of Sacrament, which I really like. Off out later to see Interstellar. Fingers crossed I won't be disappointed.
Old 8th November 2014, 03:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Last man on earth

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415463870.851047.jpg
my favourite adaptation of the novel I'm legend. It might be slower paced with less action than the other two movies but I find it a lot more atmospheric and Price gives a fantastic performance as a man teetering on depressing and insanity. If I remember right the author went to found of this adaptation. Genially eerie and unnerving at times. A good job has been done to the blu Ray restoration and for once unlike most of the dvd copies you can see what's going on . Small amount of damage but to be expected for something of its age and budget, don't think it will look any better 9/10

Destination moon

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415464140.102951.jpg

Story of a group of scientist that build a rocket too take them to the moon and the problems they face building it and getting back once they get to the moon. For its day unlike a lot of sci fi films it's fairly scientifically accurate for the time. The effects are still impressive today. A classic 10/10

Rats night of terror
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415464610.316540.jpg
A bit of a guilty pleasure this one. Set hundred of years after a nuclear war a group of thunder dome rejects end up in old building looking for supply's , it's not long before they discover that they aren't alone and one by one they are killed in a various ways by a bunch of killer rats that have made the building there home and don't like squatters. Very gory with some beaver and Johnson on display, so really something for everyone. Of course we all know by now of the shock( hilariously) ending. 7.5/10

Now watching I married a monster from outer space with the socerers a bit later

Last edited by trebor8273; 8th November 2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old 8th November 2014, 05:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched Santa's Slay, Breeders, Slice and Dice from High Rising Productions and another documentary called This Film Is Not Yet Rated. Have the EVIL DEAD remake lined up for tonight.

Like this? Share it using the links below!