All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th November 2014, 07:40 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Sounds interesting, fuzzy!

The US Horror sub-forum would probably be your best bet where slashers are concerned, although you could always create a review thread in the Members' Reviews sub-section.
https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/us-...n-slasher.html

I made a thread here for discussion of what exactly fits in. Once I feel like I've worked out a fairly decent definition, I'll start the reviews

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 17th November 2014, 03:16 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Panic Button (2011)

Four people think they have won a contest until they become stranded at 30,000 feet and forced to play a game to save their loved ones from a horrible demise. I don't want to reveal too much of the story line as it would spoil things for a first time viewer.

An excellent British thriller about the paranoia of social media and how the things you post on web sites, social networks etc can come back to bite you. In a way reminiscent of Saw but with a lesser budget, the first hour is brilliantly intriguing and very suspenseful. I was totally gripped as events unfolded. The social side of the internet is a place where anyone can post anything often without consequence, hidden behind user names and passwords. A slow burning character piece, the four cast members draw you into their often sordid internet activities through a tight script which slowly reveals more the longer the film goes on. Talk among people can often become boring very quickly so it is credit to the script that this never seemed remotely possible. The more spoken the better the film became. The film's real achievement is that even with a tiny budget, a well written script can really make the viewer stop and think to themselves "Am i like these people?"

It was only during the last third that things began to break down a little and a wave of predictability washed over proceedings. On the whole though Panic Button is a tense horror thriller which i thoroughly recommend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ec88afff9dee025fa6bfad2beffae29a.jpg (54.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 17th November 2014, 05:19 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Panic Button (2011)

Four people think they have won a contest until they become stranded at 30,000 feet and forced to play a game to save their loved ones from a horrible demise. I don't want to reveal too much of the story line as it would spoil things for a first time viewer.

An excellent British thriller about the paranoia of social media and how the things you post on web sites, social networks etc can come back to bite you. In a way reminiscent of Saw but with a lesser budget, the first hour is brilliantly intriguing and very suspenseful. I was totally gripped as events unfolded. The social side of the internet is a place where anyone can post anything often without consequence, hidden behind user names and passwords. A slow burning character piece, the four cast members draw you into their often sordid internet activities through a tight script which slowly reveals more the longer the film goes on. Talk among people can often become boring very quickly so it is credit to the script that this never seemed remotely possible. The more spoken the better the film became. The film's real achievement is that even with a tiny budget, a well written script can really make the viewer stop and think to themselves "Am i like these people?"

It was only during the last third that things began to break down a little and a wave of predictability washed over proceedings. On the whole though Panic Button is a tense horror thriller which i thoroughly recommend.
This sounds a must for me Dem, I keep away from spaceface and all that stuff, dont understand the appeal to be honest, and as for cult horror film sites? a definite stay away...I mean, look at the clientele you find on them, definitely disturbed...and faceless!

Last edited by profondo rosso; 17th November 2014 at 05:31 PM.
Old 17th November 2014, 05:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by profondo rosso View Post
This sounds a must for me Dem, I keep away from spaceface and all that stuff, dont understand the appeal to be honest, and as for cult horror film sites? a definite stay away...I mean, look at the clientele you find on them, definitely disturbed...and faceless!
This is the only place i post. I don't have Twitter or Facebook or anything like that.

As you say horror film sites are bad enough.
Old 17th November 2014, 06:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default What Films Have You Seen Recently?

Hellraiser
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416251346.421706.jpg
A classic, still creepy with some fantastic special effects that's better than the over used CGI we get today. We all know the story by now of young Kirsty Cotton and the nightmare that begins when her father and the evil stepmother for hell Julia move in to their new home after an accident the fathers no good brother frank is brought back from the dead and along with Julia goes on a killing spree to make him whole again .Events lead young Kirsty to a puzzel box which she ends up summoning cenobites demons/ extradimensional beings that torture who ever summons them for eternity. When I watch this I'm always confused is it set in England or america all the locations etc look english but the main actors are american and the police in the second are american. 9.5/10

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416251355.366001.jpg. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416251368.084443.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416251380.491973.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416251388.701173.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416251396.716223.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416251404.640656.jpg

The lost continent (1968)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416251885.248923.jpg

A hammer which I had not seen before about a group of people all with a secrets that have booked passage on a dilapidated ship bound for Caracas, unknown to them the captain transporting explosives, tragedy strikes when the passages and remaining crew end up on a unknowing island where they are surrounded by a killer seaweed, murderous giant crabs, giant octopus and the descendants of Spanish Conquistadores that have became a murderous cult. Based on a novel by Dennis Wheatley, I found it all a bit underwhelming with a bunch of unlikable people that I didn't care about. It did have some interesting sets. 6.5/10

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416252813.094790.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416252821.605549.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416252831.927803.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416252843.322706.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416252854.883988.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416252869.391322.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416252892.089902.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416252899.426484.jpg

Now watching a film calls hemoglobing which just another telling of the lovecraft story the lurking fear

Last edited by trebor8273; 17th November 2014 at 06:36 PM.
Old 17th November 2014, 06:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Hellraiser
Attachment 149553
A classic, still creepy with some fantastic special effects that's better than the over used CGI we get today. We all know the story by now of young Kirsty Cotton and the nightmare that begins when her father and the evil stepmother for hell Julia move in to their new home after an accident the fathers no good brother frank is brought back from the dead and along with Julia goes on a killing spree to make him whole again .Events lead young Kirsty to a puzzel box which she ends up summoning cenobites demons/ extradimensional beings that torture who ever summons them for eternity. When I watch this I'm always confused is it set in England or america all the locations etc look english but the main actors are american and the police in the second are american. 9.5/10

Attachment 149554. Attachment 149555

Attachment 149556 Attachment 149557

Attachment 149558 Attachment 149559
One of the best horror films ever in my opinion Tre. When I went see this in the cinema it was the first film to give me a nightmare since I was a kid! I was 18 at the time and had been watching horror on a regular basis since I was about 8 (old black and whites with my Nan, magical times)

I thought nightmares were a thing of the past till I saw this, I had a drink and a smoke before going and it completely pulled me in, late night showing. So original when horror was going through a stale period for me.

Clive Barker has been special to me ever since. His books, art etc I just wish he would have a stab at directing again but doubtful since his near death experience. I can live in hope.
Old 17th November 2014, 06:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default What Films Have You Seen Recently?

Agreed, watched it last week, reading a couple of books on it and, would you believe it, listening to the soundtrack on the bus home from the studio right now!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416253578.350158.jpg

Edit: Forgot, I'm also redoing the sound design for a scene from it too, hence the reasons why I'm watching it a lot and reading up on it
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 17th November 2014, 06:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well stopped watching hemoglobing it was a bit meh. Try to watch films I haven't seen so decided on seven women for satan and frozen scream if not too tired

Edit

Scrap that I couldn't get into seven women for Satan so started watching full eclipse which I do remember liking but it's been years since I saw it, so I'm half expecting to turn this off in 10 minutes

Last edited by trebor8273; 17th November 2014 at 07:21 PM.
Old 17th November 2014, 07:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Agreed, watched it last week, reading a couple of books on it and, would you believe it, listening to the soundtrack on the bus home from the studio right now!

Attachment 149569

Edit: Forgot, I'm also redoing the sound design for a scene from it too, hence the reasons why I'm watching it a lot and reading up on it
Im intrigued Rik, what exactly are you doing with the Hellraiser Soundtrack? for what reason?

Old 17th November 2014, 07:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by profondo rosso View Post
Im intrigued Rik, what exactly are you doing with the Hellraiser Soundtrack? for what reason?

I'm redoing the sound design for the scene where Kirsty first meets the Cenobites for my final project at Uni, basically everything you hear apart from the music, which I'm synching from the original soundtrack (actually the track I was listening to in the pic above).
As regular members know (and take the piss out of me for), I'll be plastering it all over here when it's done, some time next year
trebor8273 and profondo rosso like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!