All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179661Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th February 2015, 01:13 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
A quick Google search reveals he has two daughters: Dani and Sunnie plus, a son, Arty, with his long-time girlfriend Joanne Mas – a man of fine taste!
Knowing now he has a son my joke seems pointless now
Old 25th February 2015, 01:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Knowing now he has a son my joke seems pointless now

Like him then
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th February 2015, 10:16 PM
Cult Master

176134400.jpg

While driving home Johnny ( Walken ) is in a car crash with an 18 wheeler. Johnny wakes up in hospital to be told he has been in a coma for the last five years and his fiancee Sarah ( Brooke Adams ) has married another man. This news is devastating to Johnny but soon his life gets even worse. While a nurse is checking on Johnny he grabs her hand and has a vision where he sees her daughter in a house fire. Terrified by his vision he tells the nurse to rush home its not too late.Not only has Johnny lost five years and the love of his life he now has frightening visions of peoples past ,present and futures.

Its been a long long time since i last watched this film. When the Italian Blu Ray was announced i ordered it as soon as possible i have always loved this film. Christopher Walken is outstanding as the tortured main character. He is a broken man physically mentally and emotionally. For the viewer its also an emotional journey watching Walken going through so many powerful emotions.I will have to root out the book and give it a read again i think i was in school when i last read it. The Italian Bly Ray look great shame about the lack of extras but well worth a purchase.

Film 10/10
Old 26th February 2015, 01:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Invasion USA (Joseph Zito, 1985)
Starring Chuck Norris, Richard Lynch)

Need I write any more folks??

Ok, I will....
Chuck stays in the bayou this time, with a big truck, an armidillo and his beard to maintain.
Richard Lynch wants him dead.
The FBI want a hand, but Charles has a hard enough time looking convincing using a chainsaw.
Shit blows up.
Foreign types abound.
I certainly didn't count "between 20 & 40 trucks" ahem.
Shit blows up.
It's also a Xmas film!!

Highly recommended from the man who will next rave about the excreta in film form that is Space Fury (1999, Eli Necakov) wooooh mama!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 27th February 2015, 06:54 AM
Cult Addict

why dont you play in hell.jpg

Shion sonos latest is about a group of guerilla film makers intent on making the one perfect film. Meanwhile ongoing tensions with two local yakuza families are threatening to spill over and the daughter of one of the bosses has run off. Eventually she's recaptured and the film crew are roped in to make a film starring her, so they decide to film a raid on the rival Yakuza group.

It's difficult to summarize this film. Firstly there is a hell of a lot going on. Secondly its difficult to explain the plot in a way that sells exactly how good this film is.

Essentially it's a love letter to 35mm, Japanese exploitation cinema and the sometimes insane dedication to the craft that some film-makers have. On top of that it makes some sly and hilarious digs at how film-making itself can never really capture anything aside from a heightened sense of reality and how the act of observing an event can change it. It begins as a free wheeling action comedy and morphs into a blood soaked OTT absurdist comedy of epic proportions.

Sadly the Blu-ray is locked to region A. This is a film that NEEDS to be seen. It's bloody terrific!
Old 27th February 2015, 06:59 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I've been wanting to check out Why Don't You Play in Hell? and have been toying with the idea of importing the US BD, but am hoping someone like Third Window in the UK may pick it up for release.

Third Window aside, Japanese cinema is really quite poorly represented on Blu in the UK.
keirarts likes this.
Old 27th February 2015, 07:22 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I've been wanting to check out Why Don't You Play in Hell? and have been toying with the idea of importing the US BD, but am hoping someone like Third Window in the UK may pick it up for release.

Third Window aside, Japanese cinema is really quite poorly represented on Blu in the UK.
Hopefully third window will pick it up. It's an incredible film, one of the best i've seen recently (including maps to the stars)
Old 27th February 2015, 08:26 AM
Cult Acolyte

FROM HELL IT CAME (1957)

On a tropical island, a man is wrongly accused of murder. He vows revenge on those that have wronged him. After being buried, a strange tree stump appears on his grave and grows.....into Tobanga a spirit of vengeance !
Often voted as one of the worst films ever made, this is soo much fun and recommended for Z grade sci-fi movie fans. Awesome !!

Old 27th February 2015, 10:33 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post

FROM HELL IT CAME (1957)

On a tropical island, a man is wrongly accused of murder. He vows revenge on those that have wronged him. After being buried, a strange tree stump appears on his grave and grows.....into Tobanga a spirit of vengeance !
Often voted as one of the worst films ever made, this is soo much fun and recommended for Z grade sci-fi movie fans. Awesome !!

Great double bill with Friedkin's The Guardian (1990)
keirarts and Dave Boy like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 27th February 2015, 11:17 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Attachment 157741

Shion sonos latest is about a group of guerilla film makers intent on making the one perfect film.
Tokyo Tribe is his latest! And Third Window have said numerous times that the licensor is asking for stupid amounts of money for Why Don't You Play in Hell, so it's unlikely they'll be able to do it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!