Like Tree179665Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th August 2016, 12:27 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I have the disc as the rental from Lovefilm and watched it last night with the Italian track, intending to check out the English track and commentary tonight and tomorrow before sending it back on Tuesday.

I entirely echo what you have said about the film, and hope it is something which will stand up to repeated viewings, something I'll know when I watch it this evening without subtitles and the actors 'speaking' English. I wasn't watching it with a critical eye on the AV quality, but will try and report back on the HD picture tomorrow.
The forensic investigation of the park murder scene has so much dialogue missing from the sub track that it's possibly a different film.

If you imagine an episode of CSI. All the orders and instructions from Grissom about what they are doing is missing from the subtitle track. Huge swathes of dialogue.
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th August 2016, 12:33 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The forensic investigation of the park murder scene has so much dialogue missing from the sub track that it's possibly a different film.

If you imagine an episode of CSI. All the orders and instructions from Grissom about what they are doing is missing from the subtitle track. Huge swathes of dialogue.
That will be interesting to see in terms of whether it is infuriating or merely a curio.
Old 28th August 2016, 12:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Fight Club

Don't like it the one and only time I saw it, but rewatching it I enjoyed it and Norton's performance was brillant. 8.7/10

Wizard of Gore (2007) 5.8/10

Now watching the jungel book (2016) followed by Fury both which are first time viewings
Attached Images
File Type: jpg protectedimage.jpg (85.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg film-page-feature-image-front-main-stage-1.jpg (101.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 28th August 2016, 01:45 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
That will be interesting to see in terms of whether it is infuriating or merely a curio.
What i did find interesting was the commentary is by Kim Newman and Alan Jones. Normally a Newman Jones chat track involves Stephen Jones. I didn't listen to it but i will do in the next few days.

Having looked at all Newman's coms it seems all the gialli are with Alan and the rest with Stephen.
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th August 2016, 01:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
What i did find interesting was the commentary is by Kim Newman and Alan Jones. Normally a Newman Jones chat track involves Stephen Jones. I didn't listen to it but i will do in the next few days.

Having looked at all Newman's coms it seems all the gialli are with Alan and the rest with Stephen.
Did you enjoy him saying yallo and yalli constantly?
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th August 2016, 01:56 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Do you mean Stephen Thrower?
Old 28th August 2016, 02:37 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Do you mean Stephen Thrower?
No Stephen Jones. Critic and author / editor. They do lively commentaries together such as I Walked With a Zombie, Carnival of Souls, Countess Dracula, Halloween II, The Shout and many more.

https://johnnyalucard.com/non-fiction/dvd-notes/
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th August 2016, 03:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Been on a tv grind recently, so not many films seen, either at home or at the cinema. Tried to watch Night of the Living Deb on the horror channel the other day and lasted about 25 minutes. What a load of shite, i was hoping she got eaten the moment she opened her mouth. Not to mention it pretty much lifted the local shop scene from Shaun of the Dead. Bit early for an homage to that innit?

Anyway, utter tripe. What's that Scouts vs Zombies one like, any good?
keirarts likes this.
Old 28th August 2016, 03:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
What's that Scouts vs Zombies one like, any good?
I watched it the other night. It was shite but enjoyable shite that kept me watching to the end at least. I wouldn't buy it or recommend it in any way but if there is nothing on you can pass 90 minutes without too much hardship. There is one scene with a zombie dick that made me laugh out loud, worth a watch for that!!

On a movies on Sky note look for American Ultra. Crap but really good crap, imo!
keirarts and Deadite like this.
Old 28th August 2016, 04:49 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
No Stephen Jones. Critic and author / editor. They do lively commentaries together such as I Walked With a Zombie, Carnival of Souls, Countess Dracula, Halloween II, The Shout and many more.

https://johnnyalucard.com/non-fiction/dvd-notes/
Oh yes, I'd forgotten about him and those commentaries. I've just started the one on The Bloodstained Butterfly and within the first five minutes there have been ample situations where Alan Jones has said giallo or gialli and Kim Newman says yiallo/yialli without any contradiction from his friend/colleague or Newman asking Jones why he is saying it with a "hard G"!
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!