Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th February 2017, 02:17 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I haven't seen Cut Throats 9, so can't comment on it. The others are vastly different from each other, with one a sleazy and ultra gory affair and the other a bone fide classic, which is not exactly as much fun. If you want something lightweight and enjoyable, Dead and Buried is the clear winner, but if you want a more intense and gripping film with a clear range in the writing, acting, directing, editing etc. departments, The Long Weekend is the one to choose.
Cool, Nos. Lost Weekend it is. TBH, I don't know why I've never got round to watching it. I've watched the Not Quite Hollywood doc countless times and IIRC, even Quentin Tarantino calls it a lost classic.

Time to stick the prawns on the barbie.

Last edited by mr 420; 20th February 2017 at 02:55 PM.
Old 20th February 2017, 02:18 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Sounds good to me I've still got about three quarters of a bottle of 21 year old Royal Brackla stashed away. I'm just not sure how it would mix with the codiene tablets I've just taken.
Try it and let us all know.

And if you are susceptible to being told what to do on an internet forum, please go to my wishlist and order the top 5 items for me.

Cheers.
Old 20th February 2017, 02:19 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Sounds good to me I've still got about three quarters of a bottle of 21 year old Royal Brackla stashed away. I'm just not sure how it would mix with the codiene tablets I've just taken.
I see our resident nurse is here on the thread. What do you say on the matter, J?
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 20th February 2017, 02:22 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Try it and let us all know.

And if you are susceptible to being told what to do on an internet forum, please go to my wishlist and order the top 5 items for me.

Cheers.
I'm halfway to la-la land just now. Hell, I'll even laugh at your jokes today.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 20th February 2017, 04:47 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Still??
Old 20th February 2017, 05:37 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Still??
Yeah, J. TBH, the whisky only ever came out on the last two New Years and the birthday of my mate who works in Brackla distillery and got me the bottle for my Christmas. I've never been a big whisky drinker, which is a shame as I must have about 10 distillerys in a 50 mile radius around me. If I'm going to have a drink these days, I will go for some Grey Goose or if I'm in Makro wholesalers a bottle of Lakeland vodka from America. It's half the price of a litre of GG, but tastes just as good, IMO. Well worth a try if you can get it.
Old 20th February 2017, 05:47 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Cool, Nos. Lost Weekend it is. TBH, I don't know why I've never got round to watching it. I've watched the Not Quite Hollywood doc countless times and IIRC, even Quentin Tarantino calls it a lost classic.

Time to stick the prawns on the barbie.
Well, that was different. Yes, it was as brilliantly made as Nos said, but I must admit (as an animal lover) that as soon as she smashed the egg on the tree, I wanted wanted the animals to bite the shit outta them (to quote the inspector).

It's definitely worth tracking down if you are yet to see it. It's out on the Optimum label in the U.K. If that's any help.
Old 20th February 2017, 06:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Due to some broken ribs, I'm currently taking it easy and can't decide what film to watch this afternoon. Its a choice between Dead and Buried, Cut Throats 9 or The Long Weekend (which Ive never seen before). Any suggestions?
Dead and buried just becasue its the only one I've seen and I really like it.
mr 420 likes this.
Old 20th February 2017, 07:55 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Well, that was different. Yes, it was as brilliantly made as Nos said, but I must admit (as an animal lover) that as soon as she smashed the egg on the tree, I wanted wanted the animals to bite the shit outta them (to quote the inspector).

It's definitely worth tracking down if you are yet to see it. It's out on the Optimum label in the U.K. If that's any help.
My mistake.

I thought you were going to watch The Lost Weekend with Ray Milland. That's why i said crack open the Scotch. You were going with The Long Weekend.
Old 20th February 2017, 07:58 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
My mistake.

I thought you were going to watch The Lost Weekend with Ray Milland. That's why i said crack open the Scotch. You were going with The Long Weekend.

Like this? Share it using the links below!