All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th April 2017, 10:24 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I don't get the 'Oh no you didn't' phrase but hey it's Lynda so who cares!
The answer to all the worlds problems Lynda Carter.
Old 25th April 2017, 10:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default What Films Have You Seen Recently?

Another fan of F13 part 6 here, I'll always have a soft spot for it because it was the first one I saw on TV as a kid. I like all of them enough to some extent, but 4,6,7 and X are the ones I watch most often, the original is good for the work of Tom Savini and that's about it IMO
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th April 2017, 10:44 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Another fan of F13 part 6 here, I'll always have a soft spot for it because it was the first one I saw on TV as a kid. I like all of them enough to some extent, but 4,6,7 and X are the ones I watch most often, the original is good for the work of Tom Savini and that's about it IMO
I watched the first one again earlier in the year and it's not up to much really as you say. The kills are good but that's about it. It gets repetitive leading up to each kill as the characters all seem to say 'Oh it's you' before being killed.
Rik and keirarts like this.
Old 25th April 2017, 10:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Way Of The Wicked (Kevin Carraway)
The cover promised a smile or two. Sadly this rather bland little film reneged on that.
If you want an oddity starring Christian Slater Final Rites is far betterer

Logan's War: Bound by Honour
Chuck has a nephew who can sense dangerous events ahead of time. Pre cog by any other name ...here tis a "gift from gawd".
Godawful more like. Schmaltzy to the nth degree (Danielle Steele levels!!! Danger Danger etc )
Don't worry there is kicking and stuff.
keirarts and Frankie Teardrop like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 26th April 2017, 12:06 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hot Fantasies (1982, Joseph Braumstein)
Well it starts like one of Jess'
What with a wanking witch and that ...

Il report back later ( insert pun here)
keirarts and Frankie Teardrop like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 26th April 2017, 07:33 AM
Cult Addict

So last night me and my mates took a nostalgia trip with Jumanji.
The plot starts with a child finding a board game in a construction site after getting beaten up. he plays the game with a friend and gets sucked up into the game. 26 years 2 more kids find the game and free the child from the game (now a man). what entails is the characters trying to finish the game so everything goes back to normal. It was one of my favourite films when I was a kid. Watching it now there is only 2 reasons to watch it Robin Williams and Jonathan Hyde as Van Pelt. The CGI looks badly dated. but it is a good laugh.
7/10 for nostalgia.
Old 26th April 2017, 08:36 AM
Cult Acolyte

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2 at the cinema today. Pretty good; probably not quite as good as the first but still pretty solid for the most part, and still the only series within these endless comic book movies I find particularly appealing. Kurt Russell was great, and I was happy to see Karen Gillan getting a bigger role too (and even some quasi-redemption for her character as well). Entertaining.
Old 26th April 2017, 11:21 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2 at the cinema today. Pretty good; probably not quite as good as the first but still pretty solid for the most part, and still the only series within these endless comic book movies I find particularly appealing. Kurt Russell was great, and I was happy to see Karen Gillan getting a bigger role too (and even some quasi-redemption for her character as well). Entertaining.

Think I might take my sons to watch this over the weekend
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 26th April 2017, 11:46 AM
Cult Addict

just finished Arachnoquake.
Earthquakes around New Orleans bring around a new species of spider and a ragtag group of people try to survive the onslaught of fire breathing spiders (that's right these things breathe fire like they are dragons).
As with most schlock from Syfy: crappy CGI, ridiculous story and terrible characters. this one has Edward Furlong, who acts terribly in this and cannot save the awful writing.
6/10 for fire breathing spiders.
Old 26th April 2017, 01:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Hot Fantasies (1982, Joseph Braumstein)
Well it starts like one of Jess'
What with a wanking witch and that ...

Il report back later ( insert pun here)
ahem
OR

Black Candles (Jose Larraz, 1982)
Nothing like the woozy, sickly Vampyres either!! More like a stray episode of Hammer House Of Horror that had been sponsored by Sidair
A lot of shagging and some bestiality, with some cod philosophy thrown in for good measure. Argh! Franco would (and did?) have made it messier
Hey ho.

Tonight!!
Touch Of Death

[B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!