Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd May 2017, 06:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Killjoy (2000)

A right pile of shite. Amateur hour at best, no one can remotely act, the effects are dreadful, the only semi decent thing is the Killjoy clown's make up.

Definitely one of the worst films ever made.
You deserve a medel for watching it all, something I couldn't do, utter and total shite.
Old 23rd May 2017, 07:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Killjoy (2000)

A right pile of shite. Amateur hour at best, no one can remotely act, the effects are dreadful, the only semi decent thing is the Killjoy clown's make up.

Definitely one of the worst films ever made.
I got killjoy 1 and 2 from pound land still felt robbed
Old 23rd May 2017, 08:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

One of my favorite Bonds, it has it all beautiful babes, one liners, Jaws and of course a white submersible Lotus and a great theme song.

Roger Moore for me and a lot of others will be their favorite Bond and as the theme song says nobody does it better. 9/10
Old 23rd May 2017, 08:23 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'm not sure whether this is bad or not, but this is what comes to mind when I see or hear the title The Spy Who Loved Me:

Old 23rd May 2017, 10:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
You deserve a medel for watching it all, something I couldn't do, utter and total shite.
I've seen it before. I had parts one and two in a ten movie pack from Boulevard. Killjoy is long gone but i still have Killjoy 2 as it's on a disc with Jigsaw, which is also bad, but i rather like it.

I can get a £5 voucher from CEX if parts 3 & 4 are terrible.
Old 24th May 2017, 11:41 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Neon Demon (2016, NWR)
Wooh mama!! Did anyone else see this blatant paeon to euro horror then? Literally stylized to within an inch of it's life, it can barely sit down in that mise en scene. Another great ST (fitting within the structure anyhow) which made me peeved that I did not venture forth in search of this celluloid frightmare. Bathed in blankness, not since Excision has "beauty" been so terrifying. And the bit at the end where he keeps Rollin Rollin Rollin....sorry couldn't resist ....
Will no doubt hate it on second viewing
But until then........

The White Trap (1959, Sidney Hayers)
Man attempts to thwart unjust sentencing by any mean necessary....in order to see his first child delivered. By the man who brought us Assault!! How flipping British!! Solid enough programmer. Starring Lee Paterson who also turned up in...

Breakout (1959, Peter Graham Scott)
Wanna see Hazel Court out of period dress?? Then I recommend this wee gem wholeheartedly.
Prison breaks are two a penny in genre cinema. Wanna see one where traffic does not impede this?
Solid not stolid, this was the last of the Independent Artists "extras" in the Wallace set. All reasonably entertaining especially if you love British cinema.....great cast with this one as well...Billie Whitelaw, Terence Alexander etc etc.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 24th May 2017 at 11:53 AM.
Old 24th May 2017, 01:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
[B]
Breakout (1959, Peter Graham Scott)
Wanna see Hazel Court out of period dress?? Then I recommend this wee gem wholeheartedly.
Prison breaks are two a penny in genre cinema. Wanna see one where traffic does not impede this?
Solid not stolid, this was the last of the Independent Artists "extras" in the Wallace set. All reasonably entertaining especially if you love British cinema.....great cast with this one as well...Billie Whitelaw, Terence Alexander etc etc.
Which Wallace set was this in, D?

One of the Network ones?
keirarts likes this.
Old 24th May 2017, 09:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

The Man Who Knew Too Little. Bill Murray is a clueless American who decides to go to the UK for his birthday to visit his brother, who is hosting an important dinner party and elects to get him out of the way for the evening by sending him on an "interactive theatre experience" on the streets of London. Unfortunately Murray lands himself in the middle of a real espionage plot, and even as the bullets start flying and the bodies start dropping around him, he still thinks it's all just part of the show in this very silly but very entertaining late 90s comedy with a fine British supporting cast. Somehow you just don't expect to have Victor Meldrew as the villain in a Bill Murray comedy!
Old 24th May 2017, 10:26 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Boat Trip (2002)

Cuba Gooding Jr and Horatio Sanz play two mates tricked into going on a gay cruise after they insult their travel agent (a cameo from Will Ferrell).

Whilst it sounds crude it isn't.... no of course it is. There are gay sex jokes aplenty as well as the usual stereotypes. However none of the gay characters are portrayed in a bad light nor is there much in the way of homophobia, which i find refreshing. It's not until Sanz accidentally shoots down a helicopter carrying the Swedish Massage Team, including Victoria Silvstedt, that the proper toilet humour begins especially from team coach Lin Shaye.

Roger Moore, yes that Roger Moore, plays an old queen (his words) on the cruise, in his final big screen appearance and he's a delight. Comical and a lot of fun, there's even a pivotal moment where he sends himself up beautifully - "You may think of me as simply a hard-partying old queen, but for *your information* I spent 32 years in the SAS, serving Her Majesty, the *real* Queen. I've been in five different theaters of war, done 490 jumps, 27 of them into hostile territory. I'm what you colonials might call a bad-assed mother****er, who happens to be skilled in the fine art of Japanese flower-arranging!"

As with many films of this ilk at the heart of it is a cheesy old rom-com, this time between Gooding Jr and Roselyn Sanchez as the cruise dance instructor.

Boat Trip doesn't have a great reputation. People tend to love or loathe it, but all in all i find Boat Trip to be an agreeable fun film and one i can return to time and again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg large_3xE5Qhyc85g6qf6Cc79hjR9PA9P.jpg (97.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 25th May 2017, 12:23 AM
Cult Addict

Got Halloween 6 - The Producers cut on blu a few months back and decided that i needed to revisit 4, 5 before 6 to re- evaluate them. ( i had only seen them properly when they first hit VHS and wasn't that impressed at the time.)

Halloween 4 - The revenge of Michael Myers.

Halloween-4-poster.jpeg

He's back, suddenly waking from a coma (after 10 years) whilst being transported from a hospital, Michael is soon offing the ambulance people and is back to his old ways, this time targeting his sisters daughter Jaime Lloyd and her foster family back in Haddonfield.

He has inexplicably survived being torched (and blinded) at the end of Halloween 2, along with his nemesis Dr Loomis (Donald Pleasance) who returns too.

Anyways what we get is Myers on the rampage killing off most of the local police and in their place a bunch of trigger happy rednecks try to track him down, culminating in his niece and her foster sister being trapped in the local sheriffs house and Loomis wandering about crazily warning everybody that the evil is back (as he generally does).

Actually revisiting this i found it quite enjoyable, the niece is fairly decent for a young actress and isn't annoying, there is not much blood (in keeping with the original) and it is directed competently. The ending is quite good and brings the story back full circle mirroring the start of the original film.

The only thing that distracted me was Pleasance's scarred face make up that seemed to change as the film progressed.

Still, one of the better sequels and a film that i enjoyed more this time around.

A solid 7/10

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Like this? Share it using the links below!