Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st May 2017, 09:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinematic Shocks View Post
The Terminator (1984)

IS and probably always will be the best of the franchise. This and Aliens are James Cameron’s best work, and I don’t think he’s ever made a film as good since.

****1/2 out of *****

Great film. I just watched documentary Dark web 6 episodes or so .
And films like this and other futuristic films are closer to real life now than some people think.
In episode 2 a bloke has lost his eye and is prepared to get a camera put in its place .
And people are experimenting in getting themselves chipped where they can use the chip for alsort of things electronically, eg pay for things with , its only as small as a grain of rice in their hand.
Also I don't know how far they are with this, but they was working on glasses you can connect to the internet and send messages take pictures etc .
Old 21st May 2017, 09:27 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Great film. I just watched documentary Dark web 6 episodes or so .
And films like this and other futuristic films are closer to real life now than some people think.
In episode 2 a bloke has lost his eye and is prepared to get a camera put in its place .
And people are experimenting in getting themselves chipped where they can use the chip for alsort of things electronically, eg pay for things with , its only as small as a grain of rice in their hand.
Also I don't know how far they are with this, but they was working on glasses you can connect to the internet and send messages take pictures etc .
Wonder if they've perfected AI yet?
Old 21st May 2017, 09:28 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I agree its passable but no where near as amazing as people would have you believe.
It's no Dem's cock.
Old 21st May 2017, 09:31 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
It's no Dem's cock.
Old 21st May 2017, 09:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Went to see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 last night. While i really enjoyed it i can see why some have said its not as good as the first. The film suffers a little from over-indulgence, the sort of thing that ruined Sam Raimis Spiderman 3. While not as damaging as Raimis unleashing had on that film GotGVol2 just feels a bit loose and sloppy, like an old sluts fudgepipe. The script frequently descends into almost surreal levels of comedy, for me it actually worked but if you didnt like the first one i can see you hating this one. The plot also feels far less clean than the admittedly flimsy story of the original. A big theme seems to be redemption and to be fair i felt it worked. Plus seeing Henry from Portrait of a Serial Killer painted blue and shouting "I'm Mary Poppins bitches!!!" Is priceless. Big downside, one of my favourite actors ever, Kurt Russel is absolutely awful as Ego the living wanker. If you like the first or Marvel on the whole then buckle up you'll have a fairly good time. Otherwise I'd suggest giving it a miss.
I'm probably going to see it again tomorrow, as I really liked it and would rather see it than the king Arthur and the legend of the wank which my mate wants to see. I do think that was the whole point of Ego, which makes Youdu line "he might be your father boy,but he wasn't your Daddy, all the more meaningful. Yep the Mary Poppins line was fantastic, I'm Mary Poppins Y'all! I nearly choked on my drink.
keirarts likes this.
Old 21st May 2017, 09:40 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I'm probably going to see it again tomorrow, as I really liked it and would rather see it than the king Arthur and the legend of the wank which my mate wants to see. I do think that was the whole point of Ego, which makes Youdu line "he might be your father boy,but he wasn't your Daddy, all the more meaningful. Yep the Mary Poppins line was fantastic, I'm Mary Poppins Y'all! I nearly choked on my drink.
I personally loved it in spite of Kurt Russels shit performance. But unlike the first I'm much more aware of its flaws.
keirarts likes this.
Old 21st May 2017, 09:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I personally loved it in spite of Kurt Russels shit performance. But unlike the first I'm much more aware of its flaws.
Did feel a bit like he phoned his performance in.
Old 21st May 2017, 09:49 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Did feel a bit like he phoned his performance in.
Something felt very off. I think it was just a bit too jarring seeing him surrounded by so much cgi. Made everything else look so damn fake.
Old 21st May 2017, 10:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

An enjoyable piece of Cronenburg about "scanners" people with mind powers. As soon as the movie starts you can see its a cronenburg film from how its shot and scored, for me its not quite as good as the likes of rabid and shivers which is largely thanks to the actor playing the lead who is a bit boring and bland, but he is made up for by the always fantastic Michael Ironside. 7/10

Now watching gamera the giant monster.

Last edited by trebor8273; 21st May 2017 at 10:37 PM.
Old 22nd May 2017, 01:25 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Don't knock twice 2017

Jess is trying to reconnect with her estranged daughter, chloe. But Chloe is a bit of a rebel. One night Chloe and her friend decide to check out a old urban legend by knocking on a door of a abandoned house allegedly owned by a witch.

This film has a made up urban legend like Dead Silence.
Shot entirely in and around Cardiff this is one heck of a good horror movie it does have a few jump scenes and blink and miss it. If you like ghost stories and watch them in the dark this is one to add. 8.5 out of 10.

Like this? Share it using the links below!