Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th May 2017, 11:46 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Last Man Standing (1996)

*** out of *****

Overboard (1987)

***1/2 out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 30th May 2017, 01:25 PM
Ex-member

Vanishing Act(1986 T.V. Movie) Newly wed(Mike Farrell) turns to a Lt.(Elliott Gould) about his missing wife that they had their first fight and she left disappeared, later receives a call from a father(Fred Gwynne) saying has info on her, and he should come right over. Upon getting there the father says his wife is here, she appears(Margot Kidder) seemingly her wits about her happy to see her husband only thing is hubby says thats NOT his wife...you're not my wife!! What the hell is going on here? well I won't say anything but its bloody brilliant and just a prime example with a small cast, smart excellent script, and direction you can come with this something truly great...even in a T.V. movie.

9/10. Great find on Youtube(sure the quality ain't perfect but you really won't care. Definitely worth a watch, even in the worst possible light a solid time killer.)
Old 30th May 2017, 09:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Enjoyable but unoriginal horror comedy, involving a Halloween party a possessed house, demon possession and a bunch of typical teens, but it does have beaver on display. 7/10

Along with the first and a new nightmare my favourite of the series. lots of classic lines and kills giving us more background on the son of hundred maniac's. Nancy's back. Patricia Arquette and Laurence Fishburn in early roles. Only downside the lame ass, wizard master. After this the quality of the movies drops dramatically, till a new nightmare. 9/10

Now watching
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CHUD II Bud the Chud UK dvd cover.jpg (73.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 30th May 2017, 10:02 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Logan (2017)

****1/2 out of *****

One of the very finest films to be made in the superhero comic book genre, even though, it feels more like a hybrid of a modern day western and a road movie. Exceptional filmmaking.

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 30th May 2017, 10:31 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

For a Few Dollars More (1965)

The second best spaghetti western ever is about so much more than the ubiquitous 'man with no name'. Eastwood's Monco (See, he does have a name) often plays second fiddle to Lee Van Cleef's Colonel Mortimer, a fellow bounty killer, like Eastwood on the trail of the safe cracking Indio and his band of outlaws. However unlike Eastwood, Mortimer is after Gian Maria Volonte's Indio for personal reasons.

Almost playing like a fore runner to director Sergio Leone's masterpiece The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (1965). The film is as much a character study, especially when it comes to Mortimer and the screen hogging intensely laid back Indio, who seems more dangerous when he's laconically watching a beetle than when he's gunning down folk, as it is western adventure. The moments of humour seen in Leone's other Eastwood films are for the most part missing from For a Few Dollars More, giving the whole thing a more intense feel to it.

Leone's direction is assured, allowing the film to breathe when need be but also ramping up the tension and excitement to boot. Helped in no small way by Ennio Morricone's almost punk rock score which drives the action along.

For a Few Dollars More is a real highlight of not just spaghetti westerns, but the whole western genre as a whole.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ffdm1.jpg (100.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 30th May 2017, 10:50 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinematic Shocks View Post
Last Man Standing (1996)

*** out of *****

Overboard (1987)

***1/2 out of *****

The 'like' is for Overboard.

Last Man Standing is really poor.
keirarts likes this.
Old 31st May 2017, 01:38 AM
Ex-member

James White(2015) Drama centring around a N.Y. bloke (Christopher Abbott) fighting to regain control over his life over his self destructive behavior as his mom (Cynthia Nixon) battles cancer. Its good all round(well acted by Abbott and Nixon) but definitely have to be in the mood for it(which thankfully I was)which ism't a knock on the film just one of those minor things where you can appreciate the film a lot more if you are in the right mood for it.

8/10

Last edited by LaughingWindows; 31st May 2017 at 10:01 AM.
Old 31st May 2017, 05:58 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Enjoyable but unoriginal horror comedy, involving a Halloween party a possessed house, demon possession and a bunch of typical teens, but it does have beaver on display. 7/10
Any excuse for these two again!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic332 - linnea pink bottom.JPG (53.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg pic333 - linnea pink bottom.jpg (28.4 KB, 5 views)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 31st May 2017, 07:12 AM
Cult Addict

Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazars revenge.

Great 90 minute film wearing the flesh suit of a 150 minute bloated mess. The actor they have found to play Orlando Blooms son is so bland that I suspect they managed to find away to animate tesco value bread. It has some funny parts but the franchise is essentially plodding along like one of Herbert Wests failures at this point.
Old 31st May 2017, 12:31 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Last Man Standing is really poor.
Obviously, it’s piss poor compared to Yojimbo and A Fist Full of Dollars, but I find it quite enjoyable. It has its problems it’s far from great, but I'm a sucker for most things Walter Hill anyway - one of the greatest and most stylish action directors of his generation. One of my all-time favourite filmmakers. Although a fair share of his films has gone on to become cult classics, he's generally so underappreciated compared to his peers.
keirarts, nosferatu42 and Deadite like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!