All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th April 2016, 07:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I was worried that Winter's Soldier wouldn't be as good, but I'm hoping that it will be. I'm going to try and watch Thor 2 later after I've had a tutorial

Quick question though, even though Guardians of the Galaxy is part of the MCU is it in the same timeline, do I need to see it to make sense of things in Avengers 2 and moving on to Civil War, same with Ant Man I guess but that seems like it at least has connotations of SHIELD in it.
Winter solider is great my second favorite Marvel film after guardians of the Galaxy
Justin101, keirarts and Dave Boy like this.
Old 28th April 2016, 07:01 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It was, bag of shit sums it up perfectly.
I seriously do hope Nord decides to do Comic Book/Superhero films one week for TT. I'd love to see what you do pick.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 28th April 2016, 07:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It was, bag of shit sums it up perfectly.
Tbh a lot of these type of films have less than zero interest to me, have no apeal or interest what so ever like iron man as well.
Ok i like the bag of shite apeal but i cant comment cos ive never seen alot of them, and trailers etc doesnt do anything at all for me to even watch and see if they are shite, but if they go by any of the ones ive tried to watch and turned them of, then the bag of shite makes sense

Last edited by gag; 29th April 2016 at 12:39 AM.
Old 28th April 2016, 07:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

SYMPTOMS
Jose Larraz's 'lost' film makes it to blu ray and dvd thanks to the BFI Flipside's fantastic range of releases.
Angela Pleasance stars as a woman staying in a country mansion with her friend, who starts to notice Ms Pleasance's increasingly odd behaviour, together with strange sounds and voices at night.
Although there are some shocks, this plays out as more of a slow burning psychological thriller that is a joy to watch.
Fantastic to see the Flipside series back again, particularly with such a strong release.

CROSS ROADS
The late great Christopher Lee is the focus of attention here, in an eerie short tale of revenge that has somehow been unearthed by the BFI.
A real find for fans of Mr Lee and a nice precursor to his imminent shooting to stardom with Hammer ( there is even a Dracula style close up of his eyes at one point! )
Another terrific 'extra' for the Flipside.
Old 28th April 2016, 07:17 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
SYMPTOMS
Jose Larraz's 'lost' film makes it to blu ray and dvd thanks to the BFI Flipside's fantastic range of releases.
Angela Pleasance stars as a woman staying in a country mansion with her friend, who starts to notice Ms Pleasance's increasingly odd behaviour, together with strange sounds and voices at night.
Although there are some shocks, this plays out as more of a slow burning psychological thriller that is a joy to watch.
Fantastic to see the Flipside series back again, particularly with such a strong release.

CROSS ROADS
The late great Christopher Lee is the focus of attention here, in an eerie short tale of revenge that has somehow been unearthed by the BFI.
A real find for fans of Mr Lee and a nice precursor to his imminent shooting to stardom with Hammer ( there is even a Dracula style close up of his eyes at one point! )
Another terrific 'extra' for the Flipside.
I've been fancying that one myself. Even more so now Mojo.
Mojo and keirarts like this.
Old 29th April 2016, 06:37 AM
Cult Addict

Well, there's a bunch of stuff I need to review (coming soon-ish) but thought I'd jump forward a little to

Captain America: Civil war

Our VUE had a triple bill of all three Cap films so went last night.

All I can say is that its terrific, much better than Age of Ultron and lives up to it's hype. It has similar themes to batman V superman yet it manages to deal with these subjects in a much better way, it didn't feel at all boring in spite of its running time and all character motivations make sense within the film itself.

Also.... BEST.....SPIDEY........EVER!!!!
Old 29th April 2016, 07:04 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I still have to watch Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron before I can go and see it, but I was planning to go On Monday so I have plenty of time, I might even fit Guardians of the Galaxy in as well
trebor8273 and Dave Boy like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 29th April 2016, 07:12 AM
Cult Addict

Our Vue is doing a Captain America marathon. Both Avengers and all three Cap films in chronological order. Something like 9 in the morning til 10 at night.
Justin101, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 29th April 2016, 02:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Captain America (2011, Joe Johnston)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014, Russo/Russo)

Marvel bloody everywhere now it seems.

Never really cared for the Captain, though have just acquired to the two 1979 TVMs...I'll keep you posted haha. 1st is standard origin story (really??), 2nd far betterer, great villian, Toby Jones cameo etc etc. Recommended!!

Roll on Marvel Zombies......

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 29th April 2016, 05:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Captain America (2011, Joe Johnston)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014, Russo/Russo)

Marvel bloody everywhere now it seems.

Never really cared for the Captain, though have just acquired to the two 1979 TVMs...I'll keep you posted haha. 1st is standard origin story (really??), 2nd far betterer, great villian, Toby Jones cameo etc etc. Recommended!!

Roll on Marvel Zombies......
Toby's in the first one too.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!