Old 19th February 2016, 10:22 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post

Cabin Fever 3

Um...It's called 'Cabin Fever 3'. What more do you need to know

*Actually, I really enjoyed the final credits!
Yeah, there wasn't much to enjoy was there?
Old 19th February 2016, 11:24 PM
Cult Addict

Scooby doo! Kiss - Rock & Roll mystery.

Not watched anything scooby doo related in many years, however the crossover with Kiss proved too enticing so decided to give it a go. It's actually pretty fun, well animated with some genuinely psychedelic sequences thrown in and some nice digs at the bands willingness to attach their name to everything and anything for a quick buck... plus this probably sounds weird but Daphne in kiss make up is actually pretty hot..... there I said it!

Escape from tomorrow.

Since Scooby was my mates contribution to the evening I decided to up the ante with this weirdness. I stuck a review up here some time ago but have not really revisited it until now. Shot covertly at Disneyland its a story of a mans mental disintegration after losing his job at one of the worlds most popular family destinations and succumbing to lust, booze and ultimately disease and death and discovering a shady operation run by the siemens corporation under the epcot centre. Might not be to everyone's tastes but I really like it.
Old 20th February 2016, 12:07 AM
Cult Addict

Crimson Peak. I'll try and write something more detailed tomorrow but for now bloody hell this was good. Dem get it watched.
Old 20th February 2016, 09:13 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Crimson Peak. I'll try and write something more detailed tomorrow but for now bloody hell this was good. Dem get it watched.

It sounds way better than As Above, So Below (2014)

A found footage film set in the catacombs of Paris, about a woman's search for the Philosophers stone. She should have watched Harry Potter. After an atmospheric opening, (well following half an hour of nothing that is) in the bone infested tunnels and a breathless set piece where one of the tunnel explorers gets stuck and freaks out, the film meanders into nothingness and a study of personal demons rather than any actual physical manifestations.

Come the final twenty minutes i was just wishing it was over as any interest in the characters or what happened to them had long gone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg As-Above-So-Below.jpg (22.8 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 20th February 2016 at 09:26 AM.
Old 20th February 2016, 09:31 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I've ordered it today and I'm really looking forward to watching it again – I loved it when I saw it at the cinema.
Old 20th February 2016, 10:29 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

It sounds way better than As Above, So Below (2014)

A found footage film set in the catacombs of Paris, about a woman's search for the Philosophers stone. She should have watched Harry Potter. After an atmospheric opening, (well following half an hour of nothing that is) in the bone infested tunnels and a breathless set piece where one of the tunnel explorers gets stuck and freaks out, the film meanders into nothingness and a study of personal demons rather than any actual physical manifestations.

Come the final twenty minutes i was just wishing it was over as any interest in the characters or what happened to them had long gone.
It was a struggle to get through i did like the part you mentioned with the camera man getting stuck but apart from that i just felt frustrated by it all.
Old 20th February 2016, 11:02 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
It was a struggle to get through i did like the part you mentioned with the camera man getting stuck but apart from that i just felt frustrated by it all.
I remembered you disliked it so thought i'd get it out of the way.

I like films set in Catacombs, or at least i want to like them. I haven't visited the Paris ones, but have been in the ones under Rome and found them fascinating, eerie, and also quite beautiful. Skulls and bones everywhere.

The problem is no one seems able to make a decent film about them. As Above, So Below was poor as was the Shannyn Sossaman movie Catacombs.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 20th February 2016 at 11:42 AM.
Old 20th February 2016, 11:23 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I remembered you disliked it so thought i'd get it out of the way.

I like films set in Catacombs, or at least i want to like them. I haven't visited the Paris ones, but have been in the ones under Rome and found them fascinating, eerie, and also quite beautiful. Skulls and bones everywhere.

The problem is no one seems able to decent film about them. As Above, So Below was poor as was the Shannyn Sossaman movie Catacombs.
It seems like a perfect setting for a great atmospheric horror .
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 20th February 2016, 11:25 AM
Cult Addict

Im sure there's some catacomb type stuff at the start of the Nosferatu remake which is quite eerie.
Also theres a short made by Jan Svankmajer called the Ossuary with a church type structure made of bones which is very haunting.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 20th February 2016, 11:41 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Im sure there's some catacomb type stuff at the start of the Nosferatu remake which is quite eerie.
Also theres a short made by Jan Svankmajer called the Ossuary with a church type structure made of bones which is very haunting.
It's years since i saw the Nosferatu remake.
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!