Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179666Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th April 2010, 03:24 PM
Cultist in Training

Just watched Herostratus (1967)... clearly influential, but still wholly pretentious art house fodder, with too much Allen Ginsberg footage.
Old 9th April 2010, 04:42 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The Slayer

Despite having to bear a ghastly Vipco print (digitally remastered on a George Foreman mini-grill) this is still one of the better nasties for me. Quite slow but nicely atmospheric, and starring Sarah Kendall who appears to be Sigourney Weaver's doppelganger.

The once cut (now uncut) pitchfork stabbing is still a very clever piece of makeup by any standards.
Old 9th April 2010, 05:45 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
"'ello"
"Did you just say 'Hello'?"
"Nah, I said 'ello, but that's close enough."

How can anyone NOT like Jim Henson?! The man was a genius!

Does anyone remember the TV show 'Muppets Tonight'? I used to watch it religiously as a kid - watched it on the tv, recorded it, and watched it non-stop all week!

"We've got a show to do, guaranteed brand new, so click on the Muppets, click on the Muppets, click on the Muppet's Tonight." Woooo!
i love jim henson, have u ever watched storyteller? amazing series!
i always thought puppets and animatronics is much more cozier that cgi!

Old 9th April 2010, 05:57 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

yeah i remember that, John Hurt was the storyteller, disney channel played it a couple of years ago before they started making hannah montana and Lizzy Maguire....why do i know these things?
Old 9th April 2010, 06:04 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
yeah i remember that, John Hurt was the storyteller, disney channel played it a couple of years ago before they started making hannah montana and Lizzy Maguire....why do i know these things?
coz u secretly watch hannah montana and lizzie maguire hahaha! :P

yeah i love storyteller, one of my favourite tv series. michael gambon was the next storyteller after john hurt but i always though john hurt was better he's soo cozy
Old 9th April 2010, 06:32 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

while not admiting to watching Hannah montana and Lizzy Maguire i have seen Camp Rock more than once, i don't know why because i dispise the Jonas Brothers and think they would be more entertaining if they were zombies wearing small party hats, but for some reason if it's on and im flicking channels, i will inevitbly watch it....never seen High School Musical Though and i mean NEVER.......
Old 9th April 2010, 06:36 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

No need to feel embarrassed for that Pedro.You could be like me and own Step Up 2 on blu-ray.
Old 9th April 2010, 07:01 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i enjoyed step up 1 + 2, the dance in the rain at the end of 2 is phenomenal, im not embarassed by camp rock, i think it's an enjoyable film, i was brought up in a house of musicals and Dirty Dancing, so horror and cult movies are like my alter ego, i'll watch love actually then straight after id watch die Hard, yo know to balance out my masculinity and my femininity, im not gay by the way, not that there's anything wrong with that, oh god i sound like a homophobe, AAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!, im not a homophobe....
Old 9th April 2010, 07:05 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
The Slayer

Despite having to bear a ghastly Vipco print (digitally remastered on a George Foreman mini-grill) this is still one of the better nasties for me. Quite slow but nicely atmospheric, and starring Sarah Kendall who appears to be Sigourney Weaver's doppelganger.

The once cut (now uncut) pitchfork stabbing is still a very clever piece of makeup by any standards.
Got to admit that i'm a fan too! Haven't seen it since the ol' cut Vipco VHS though! Bah.

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 9th April 2010, 08:41 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
while not admiting to watching Hannah montana and Lizzy Maguire i have seen Camp Rock more than once, i don't know why because i dispise the Jonas Brothers and think they would be more entertaining if they were zombies wearing small party hats, but for some reason if it's on and im flicking channels, i will inevitbly watch it....never seen High School Musical Though and i mean NEVER.......
I once received High School Musical 2 on DVD from Amazon. I was pissed as it was supposed to be the Blade Runner Tin.

Like this? Share it using the links below!