All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179661Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd January 2018, 02:39 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinematic Shocks View Post
Robocop (1987)

as a direct sequel to the 1987 original that will ignore everything else that came after it
Just like the first Halloween,Is this going to be the normal trend of events for film franchises?

Let us forget all those sequels/prequels as there is nothing original anymore and recycle it all over again!
keirarts likes this.
Old 23rd January 2018, 02:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Also, the new Terminator is going to ignore everything after T2. Amen to that.
keirarts and Dave Boy like this.

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 23rd January 2018, 02:48 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinematic Shocks View Post
Also, the new Terminator is going to ignore everything after T2. Amen to that.
I think i'm the only one that really enjoyed Terminator 3.
keirarts likes this.
Old 23rd January 2018, 02:50 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I think i'm the only one that really enjoyed Terminator 3.
No you are not.

Disliked the ones after it though.
keirarts likes this.
Old 23rd January 2018, 02:55 PM
Seasoned Cultist

3 sucks balls, just not as much as the ones that followed. Genisys -

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks
Old 23rd January 2018, 05:01 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Madhouse (1974)

Vincent Price and Peter Cushing star in this 1970s horror / comedy about an actor with a mysterious past. After being accused and aquitted of his fiancée's murder, successful horror film star Paul Toombes (Price) is put in an institution. Years later he returns to his former role of Dr. Death in a new television series, working with his writer friend Herbert Flay (Cushing). Paul realises his past has come back to haunt him, however, when the murders carried out by Dr. Death are replicated in real life on the cast and crew...

One of several films that Vincent Price made for AIP in Britain which leaned as much toward black comedy as they did horror. Madhouse is certainly a suitable title for the film is a madhouse. Sporting classic skull make up, Price is iconic here as are the films referenced from Toombes past glory days. The film proves self referential in places, especially a costume party, with Robert Quarry dressed as his old Count Yorga character and Peter Cushing, the definitive Van Helsing, dressed as a bloody lipped Count Dracula. We also get Linda Hayden and a wicked, spider loving, Adrienne Corri too, not to mention Michael Parkinson.

Whilst Madhouse is a lot of fun it's not particularly horrific nor does it sport the inventive deaths of other British set Price films such as Theatre of Blood or the Phibes films. It does however have an almost joyous and celebratory attitude to it perhaps due to the 'special participation of Boris Karloff and Basil Rathbone' and is a film i always enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Madhouse.jpg (68.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 23rd January 2018, 06:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter 2016

Alice heads back to The Hive in Raccoon City, where she is told there is anti-virus that can stop the T-virus, teamed up with a band of survivors they head into The Hive to find and discovers things about herself.

This isnt the best sequel in this franchise of Resident Evil, it could have been made a bit better.

The upside to this movie, its seemed more apocalyptic, fast paced, and imrpovising on weapons ie a nail gun attached to a small air tank, and fire waterfalls, plenty blood guts and gore.

The downside to it, after 10 minutes of watching it i had to stop it due to the shaking camera i was getting a headache, it was like watching Cloverfield on the big screen. At the end of R.E. Retribution we see a big end climax at the Whitehouse, we only see the aftermath of it. The actors didnt seem to be enthusiastic about another movie. 5 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg main pic.jpg (53.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 23rd January 2018, 07:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

8.5/10

9/10

6.5/10
Old 23rd January 2018, 07:17 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Resident Evil: The Final Chapter 2016

Alice heads back to The Hive in Raccoon City, where she is told there is anti-virus that can stop the T-virus, teamed up with a band of survivors they head into The Hive to find and discovers things about herself.

This isnt the best sequel in this franchise of Resident Evil, it could have been made a bit better.

The upside to this movie, its seemed more apocalyptic, fast paced, and imrpovising on weapons ie a nail gun attached to a small air tank, and fire waterfalls, plenty blood guts and gore.

The downside to it, after 10 minutes of watching it i had to stop it due to the shaking camera i was getting a headache, it was like watching Cloverfield on the big screen. At the end of R.E. Retribution we see a big end climax at the Whitehouse, we only see the aftermath of it. The actors didnt seem to be enthusiastic about another movie. 5 out of 10.
Oh I'm planning to watch these soon, I dread it.....

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 24th January 2018, 12:38 AM
Seasoned Cultist

The first Resident Evil isn't too bad, but the sequels are just awful. None of these films are good.
Susan Foreman and keirarts like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!