All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179659Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th January 2018, 02:39 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Oh I'm planning to watch these soon, I dread it.....

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
You might enjoy it better than what I did Bleakshaun, the sequels were OK.
keirarts likes this.
Old 24th January 2018, 06:56 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
You might enjoy it better than what I did Bleakshaun, the sequels were OK.
I don't think I will, I love the game series too much and it took them too long to introduce Wesker, Leon and Chris so I don't look forward too it, still at least it isn't films by the asylum.......

keirarts likes this.
Old 24th January 2018, 08:47 AM
Cult Addict

Insidious 4

One of those franchises that seems to provoke furious fan debate. Using the 'quiet,quiet,quiet,quiet........LOUD NOISE!' method of scaring the audience, its basically the ghost train of horror cinema. Personally I'm not convinced that's entirely a bad thing. It makes the re-watchability factor somewhat diminish perhaps but while non of the films are really classics as such, they have a certain charm to them that makes them solid little B-movies. A large part of the appeal is Lynne Shaye, who seems to have made this franchise her own. Her character and performance are certainly good enough to keep me watching and have some level of investment in the films.
Here we get her traumatic back story, with a monstrous, abusive father who remains in a constant state of terror continually watching red scare TV programming that constantly highlights the threat of global nuclear annihilation. He works at the local new mexico prison and the house is constantly experiencing blackouts each time the electric chair is used. His state of mind is not helped when he realises his daughter can communicate with the dead and is constantly encountering the numerous dead people who inhabit their house.
I wont say too uch more as I actually really liked the plot of this one. Its the strongest part of the film. Sadly as a horror it doesn't quite work and in terms of scares it doesn't pay off enough. A real shame as Shaye is great as usual and the writing is mostly good (with a few exceptions)
Old 24th January 2018, 08:56 AM
Cult Addict

Fango Bollente (aka savage three)

Joe Dellesandro plays a middle class professional who works at a computer lab and is married to a successful doctor. He seems to have it all. However in his spare time he goes out with his mates and engages in a bit of football violence and car theft. Dellesandro's character is a complete psychopath and things escalate to rape and murder, including a nasty little scene where the lads steal a taxi, pick up a couple of women and take them to a warehouse for a spot of rape. Mad Joe kills one of the ladies with a forklift truck.
As a depiction of male violence its pretty unrelenting. Dellesandro is basically playing someone who genuinely does not give a shit and is fairly blase about whether he gets caught or not. Its an odd, violent Italian crime thriller thats worth checking out.
Old 24th January 2018, 12:28 PM
Cult Addict

The Belko Experiment
A group of employees in an office block, are trapped inside and are forced to kill or be killed in a battle royale type scenario.
Written by James Gunn; this plays out in 2 ways: as a psychological thriller or as a bloodfest, both seem contradictory to each other and it feels as though they are both fighting to the death (kinda like this film). I will say it's enjoyable and is worth checking out. Also John C McGinley seems to chew the scenery which is great.
7/10

Old 24th January 2018, 01:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Robocop 2 (1990)

Much like its fellow 1990 R rated sci-fi action sequel Predator 2, this is a very good follow-up to a great film, which just so happens not to be as good. Despite some faults, they’re both solidly entertaining overall.

***1/2 out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks

Last edited by Cinematic Shocks; 24th January 2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old 24th January 2018, 05:00 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Two Faces of Dr. Jekyll (1961)

Hammer takes the overused Stephenson tale of Jekyll and Hyde and gives it a twist. Instead of a good looking doctor turning into a beastly brute this has a not so handsome fella becoming a dashing playboy who falls for London's party girls aided by a lecherous Christopher Lee.

The Two Faces of Dr. Jekyll is fairly forgettable. Both Christopher Lee and Canadian born actor Paul Massie are miscast and the whole thing is melodramatic with much of Hyde's wrong doings off screen and too much focus on Jekyll's wife (Dawn Adams) and the affair she has with Lee meaning there's not an awful lot here for horror fans. Although this is director Terence Fisher's weakest Hammer horror film he gives it an air of class and i still watch it from time to time.

Hammer's next go at Stephenson's story Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde (1971) is a far more interesting and schlocky affair.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15034_1_large.jpg (88.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 24th January 2018, 05:03 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Two Faces of Dr. Jekyll (1961)

Hammer takes the overused Stephenson tale of Jekyll and Hyde and gives it a twist. Instead of a good looking doctor turning into a beastly brute this has a not so handsome fella becoming a dashing playboy who falls for London's party girls aided by a lecherous Christopher Lee.

The Two Faces of Dr. Jekyll is fairly forgettable. Both Christopher Lee and Canadian born actor Paul Massie are miscast and the whole thing is melodramatic with much of Hyde's wrong doings off screen and too much focus on Jekyll's wife (Dawn Adams) and the affair she has with Lee meaning there's not an awful lot here for horror fans. Although this is director Terence Fisher's weakest Hammer horror film he gives it an air of class and i still watch it from time to time.

Hammer's next go at Stephenson's story Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde (1971) is a far more interesting and schlocky affair.
This is towards the top of my to-watch pile so I'll let you know if I thought it was a bit naff! It's on the double bill with The Gorgan!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 24th January 2018, 05:52 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
This is towards the top of my to-watch pile so I'll let you know if I thought it was a bit naff! It's on the double bill with The Gorgan!
You meant The Gorgon?
Old 24th January 2018, 07:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
You meant The Gorgon?

181CABAA-22AE-43A1-A76F-42D841BFFAE5-3486-000002205D4A7455.jpeg
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!