All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179635Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th August 2019, 11:47 AM
Cult Acolyte

mysterious-doctor-satan-movie-poster-1940-1020200669.jpg

MYSTERIOUS DR SATAN (1940)
REPUBLIC SERIAL 15 CHAPTERS

Bob Wayne takes on role of vigilante The Copperhead from his father when Dr Satan schemes to create an army of robots...

Originally to be a Superman serial, the story was re-worked for new hero The copperhead. Notable is the heroines name, still called Lois.

Good cliffhanger serial in which The Copperhead is left in peril after each episode usually involving falling from heights, car crashes and crushing walls.
DR Satan's robot is the traditional Republic pictures robot.

Old 5th August 2019, 06:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Great Rock N Roll Swindle

Well, I had to really. Ostensibly McLaren's attempt to become 'the act' (he's in nearly every frame ), it is kind of hard to watch now. I still remember how Channel 4 butchered it on it's first tv screening, which pissed me off royally. It is a tissue of lies of course and that's why Temple came crawling back to tell the real story. Ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 5th August 2019, 06:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
The Great Rock N Roll Swindle

Well, I had to really. Ostensibly McLaren's attempt to become 'the act' (he's in nearly every frame ), it is kind of hard to watch now. I still remember how Channel 4 butchered it on it's first tv screening, which pissed me off royally. It is a tissue of lies of course and that's why Temple came crawling back to tell the real story. Ahem.
I'm probably in a minority of one (hell I'm use to that) but I luv all the animation stuff, I'm quite partial to friggin in the riggin...they should of done a cartoon spin off like the Beatles cartoon show...

Old 5th August 2019, 06:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Look, I do still love it really. Sid's intro to My Way is comedy central. And the murican footage is spellbindingly awful. Ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 5th August 2019, 06:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Deep Red 1975.

A jazz pianist working in Rome witnesses a murder of a psychic, he teams up with a journalist to figure out the murder unaware he could be the next target.

One of Argento's finest films finally released uncut, mixed with Italian and English audio which is a bit confusing as well as some of the plot doesn't make sense. David Hemmigs takes the lead role as Marcus who sees the murder happen and tries to help solve the case, Daria Nicoldi plays Gianna the journalist looking for her big story. Luigi Kuveiller provides great cinematography and catches the bright colours of the setting, only downside for me was the music provided by Goblin seemed a bit toned down for the suspense aside from that still enjoyable to watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Deep-Red-featured.jpg (101.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 5th August 2019, 06:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

First saw Deep Red on a godawful vhs, then a godawful dvd. But its quality still shone through. This new print is a revelation imo. Rewatch!!!
nosferatu42 and MrBarlow like this.

[B]
Old 5th August 2019, 06:38 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post

Look, I do still love it really. Sid's intro to My Way is comedy central. And the murican footage is spellbindingly awful. Ahem.
It was cool that Scorsese used Sid's My Way at the end of Goodfellas...
Demoncrat likes this.

Old 5th August 2019, 07:07 PM
Cult Addict

Midsommar
A woman who's boyfriend is thinking of splitting up with her loses her family and is destroyed, a few months later she tags along with her boyfriend and his friends to a Swedish festival that only happens once every 90 years.
Em........ I don't know how I feel about this one, looks visually beautiful some great acting throughout and it doesn't rely on jump scares. I think a rewatch in the future.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 5th August 2019, 07:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Indeed Ron. It was a pleasant surprise to hear it in that context

[B]
Old 5th August 2019, 07:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Darkness (Jaume Balaguero)

A family with a troubled past moves to a new house, that usually ends well doesn't it??
I'm only 40 minutes in and I is intrigued already. Not as nerve shredding as Mother! (thank Cthulhu )
Back soon!!

[B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!