All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd November 2019, 08:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Shark In Venice (2007, Danny Lerner)

One of Nu Image's finest achievements
A Baldwin is loose in the city of pointy ice cream. Undersea bounty you say? Containing some of the choicest bad dialogue since Yentl, this is the gift that keeps on giving. The Baldwin looks wrecked for most of his screen time for a start. There's a bike chase. And one of the quickest recoveries (medically surely a miracle ) that I have been privy to witness.

Recommended. Hic!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 23rd November 2019, 10:06 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Shark In Venice (2007, Danny Lerner)

One of Nu Image's finest achievements
A Baldwin is loose in the city of pointy ice cream. Undersea bounty you say? Containing some of the choicest bad dialogue since Yentl, this is the gift that keeps on giving. The Baldwin looks wrecked for most of his screen time for a start. There's a bike chase. And one of the quickest recoveries (medically surely a miracle ) that I have been privy to witness.

Recommended. Hic!
Isn't the shark in Venice for all of about eight seconds?
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 24th November 2019, 12:14 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Isn't the shark in Venice for all of about eight seconds?
Tbh vast majority of films aren't what they say .
Old 24th November 2019, 06:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yeh, verily that is Exploitation

Here endeth the lesson.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 24th November 2019, 08:53 PM
Cult Addict

Killing American Style
After a robbery of an ice cream truck depot, Robert Z'Dar and his pervert friend are arrested, they bust out but one of the goons gets wounded.
As Rich Evans described it Amir Shervans Last Temptation of Christ.....definitely not . Robert Z'Dar is in his element as the baddie here. Some terrible acting as action segments. The precursor for what would be his masterpiece. If only he could make more.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 24th November 2019, 09:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Indeed. Though they bear returning to.

The Tripper

David Arquette ably helms a super wee treat. A unscrupulous promoter sets a festival in a forest. What could be more groovy man? Sadly quite a lot
A hoot. Sufficiently claret drenched and gloriously stupid, it lived up to my expectation.

[B]
Old 25th November 2019, 04:49 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Class Of 1984. 1982

A new teacher starts at a inner city school only to class with some kids, when the school authority and police don't do anything and he is pushed to the limits he seeks vendetta on the gang.

Gritty stylish futuristic movie (although some schools are like this now), Perry King stars as the new music teacher who slowly learning the ropes about how the school operates from biology teacher Roddy McDowell, in a great performance with his class and a gun.

Mark L. Lester created some decent intense moments, (beware animal lovers) and a heavy rape scene, but things do go back and forth on who is the bad guy. The gang are well played especially with the mother figure who thinks she is raising an angel instead raising a little sh@t, the climatic ending always got the cheer from me. Still a classic film.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5101MTNSWRL._SY445_.jpg (30.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 25th November 2019, 06:02 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Body Melt 1993.

A cul-de sac area in Pebbles Court are secretly being tested for a new drug that causes the body to decompose from the inside out.

This is one of the weird ass crude, funny, sick films from Australia yet midly enjoyable movies, some parts of the film are a bit off especially with the inbred cannabilistic family. The special effects are a bit cheesy but they do work, never thought Harold Bishop from Neighbours would be in a horror flick but he is enjoyable to watch. It's like the film Street Trash drink the disolvable pill and melt away. Good for it's laugh, although some may cringe at the barn scene.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 42003052_159397118326577_9131308929834857063_n.jpg (62.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 25th November 2019, 07:22 AM
Cult Acolyte

The Satanic Rites of Dracula. Prominent people in 70s London appear to be involved in some sort of weird cult, much to the alarm of some in the security services. That alarm only grows when it seems the cult are developing an even deadlier strain of the Bubonic Plague, but no one suspects the true evil hiding in the shadows - Count Dracula! Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing are at it again in this mid 70s finale to the Hammer Dracula pictures, which is an odd but very entertaining mix of vampire horror and conspiracy thriller crossed with The Avengers (it's even got a pre-Purdey Joanna Lumley) with a dose of Pertwee-era Doctor Who courtesy of Who scribe Don Houghton (Dracula as the mysterious head of a nefarious corporation with global ambitions is very Delgado Master). This isn't popular with some Hammer fans, apparently, but I found this a thoroughly entertaining romp.
Old 25th November 2019, 07:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Warriors 1979.

In the near future, a street leader summons nine deligates of the 100 gangs in New York to a meeting, when he is killed, a gang called "The Warriors" are blamed and try to reach home, they face off the pursuing gangs in their way.

A film that never gets old or tiresome with every viewing, Walter Hill done a brilliant job with this film based on the novel by Sol Yurick, nowadays the violence portrayed in the film may be nothing but back then it may be seen controversial. The unknown then actors did a great job of the street gang bopping their way back to Coney Island. I don't know why i waited so long to see this movie (first saw it 3 years ago) and great piece if cinema action and great soundtrack.

Like this? Share it using the links below!