Like Tree179635Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th January 2022, 04:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Children Of The Corn. 1984.

Have you ever driven into someplace and thought it wasn't a good idea, Stephen King must have had inspiration to write this story or was he still on cocaine and been in a induced hallucination? Linda Hamilton and Peter Horton come across Gatlin, a town with No adults just children.

Right from the start with the voice over of a young boy then all hell breaks loose does do the film a somewhat explanation on what's to come, the child actors do a decent job and get a bit more credit, John Franklin's portayal as Isaac the somewhat cult preacher has always been good. Courtney Gains role as Malachai does bring a sinister follower but also wants to lead the children to follow in his steps instead. Enjoyable as always.

Attachment 238547
As for the remake unbelievable shit, and the main characters are about as scary as a sock puppet.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 10th January 2022, 05:38 PM
Cult Acolyte

indexccc.jpg
CAT BALLOU (1965)

Jane Fonda hires a well known gunman to protect her fathers ranch against a development corporation and thier gunslinger. When the gunman arrives, he is stone drunk and later fails to stop Cat's father being killed.
Cat becomes an outlaw and sets about bringing down the corporation by robbing a train with the help of her friends..
I had not seen this movie in years and pulled it out of my archives.
This is a real fun movie which has Nat King Cole and Stubby Kaye sing the 'Ballad of Cat Ballou' as the story progresses.
Lee Marvin won an Academy Award for best actor in his duel role of the drunken gunfighter and his brother.
Old 10th January 2022, 06:20 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Doomsday (2008)

Following an outbreak of the deadly Reaper virus in Scotland the country is walled off and it's inhabitants left to die. Decades later the virus returns to threaten London, so battle hardened Rhona Mitra is sent with a military team into the wilderness that is now Scotland to seek a cure.

Director Neil Marshall's third film is a hard as nails mix of Escape From New York, Mad Max 2, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome and 28 Days Later.

Filmed on a much bigger budget than previous efforts Dog Soldiers (2002) and The Descent (2005), Doomsday is a rampaging post apocalyptic action / road movie, full of breathtaking stunts, gory horror and scene stealing performances from the likes of Bob Hoskins, Malcolm McDowell and David O'Hara as a politician whose as corrupt as they come. Mitra handles a tough role well and performs her action scenes brilliantly.

Doomsday has it's critics that suggest the film is too derivative of the many post-ap films that came before it, but i see it more as a homage from a director who is a fan of the genre, and i love it.

The Blu-ray looks and sounds fantastic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Doomsday_poster.jpg (26.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 10th January 2022, 07:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well that was highly enjoyable with some catchy tunes and enjoyable story and cast of characters . Did Travolta do his own singing? One that will get many more viewings.

Always enjoyed this because of just how camp and silly it is. Doc Savage teams up with his loyal friends to investigate the death of his father.

Anyone who liked the Batman 60s tv show should like this, shame it flopped and we never got too see the sequel which is set up at the end of the movie.

A lot more fun and enjoyable than most modern superhero films.

Didn't get too watch it last night but now watching K-Pax.
Old 10th January 2022, 07:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

I saw Doc Savage The Man Of Bronze at the cinema. It was shown before Warlords Of Atlantis. Remember when we used to get a support movie?
Yeah, good fun movie.
Yes, John Travolta did his own singing in Grease.
Old 10th January 2022, 08:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Twisted Pair (2018, Neil Breen)

Well, I did it again.
Somewhat less WTFFFFF than ... the last one, this revolves around Breen's mission in life to spread his message of peace and poor FX , just like ... the last one ? EEP.
A pair of twins become estranged. How this becomes the gripping narrative that held me captive, or was that the paralysis that's brought on by fear? , is up to you to find out. I'm not here to hold anyone's hand.
Less bewildering than his earlier stuff, so does this mean he's (gulp) learning his craft??
The mind boggles.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 10th January 2022, 08:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Piranha II: The Spawning

Second time watching this Blu-Ray release, the film doesn't get any better just seems to get dafter and dafter but still manages to create a laugh even at the end a stand off between the holiday makers and islanders vs The Flying Fish. Lance Henriksen does try his best to act as the law enforcer official but with a Italian backing team who probably ruled with what happens during the making with a iron fist on what to do.

Large.jpg
Old 10th January 2022, 09:11 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Twisted Pair (2018, Neil Breen)

Well, I did it again.

Somewhat less WTFFFFF than ... the last one, this revolves around Breen's mission in life to spread his message of peace and poor FX , just like ... the last one ? EEP.

A pair of twins become estranged. How this becomes the gripping narrative that held me captive, or was that the paralysis that's brought on by fear? , is up to you to find out. I'm not here to hold anyone's hand.

Less bewildering than his earlier stuff, so does this mean he's (gulp) learning his craft??

The mind boggles.
You didn't have to say a pair of twins, you could've said a pair of breens

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 10th January 2022, 09:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
As for the remake unbelievable shit, and the main characters are about as scary as a sock puppet.
Never realised there was a remake as there has been many sequels to it,
Old 10th January 2022, 10:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Never realised there was a remake as there has been many sequels to it,
Ive lost count on how many cotc sequels etc there is,
Around 11 if you count the remake and the recent One 2019-2020.

Remake 2009 it was made for tv.
It's only 3.8 on Imbd.

Like this? Share it using the links below!