All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th July 2022, 07:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I had no idea either. I also don't care.
Are you telling us that these posters aren't tempting enough for you to go and have a look at these films

MV5BMTA2NDY2Nzk0MDleQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDE0NzUwMDcx._V1_.jpg p9948866_v_h8_aa.jpg
Old 4th July 2022, 08:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rapid Fire. 1992.

Jake Lo goes into witness protection after seeing a Chicago mobster take out a Chinese heroin dealer. When the protection fails, Jake teams with Ryan, a detective who is stuck in the middle of a drug war that may end his career.

Like his father Bruce Lee, Brandon got recognized early in his career and done a great picture before being taken away from us at a early age, this one shows Brandon can carry a leading actor role playing Jake who teams with Powers Boothe to take down a drug war between Nick Mancuso and Tzi Ma who control the heroin supply and shipment. The acting is what you expect from a 90s movie, tough ruthless cop attitude that never gets dull, boring or drags on and there is some good fight scenes.

MV5BMTQzMDcxMTM1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjY1NjM5._V1_.jpg
Old 4th July 2022, 09:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Final Justice (1984, Greydon Clark)

Joe Don Baker surely has to play Trump in the inevitable Stone biopic surely??
Ahem.
Wanna watch JDB run around after Venenantino Ventinini? On Malta?
Ahem. What's a good old boy to do when some bum plugs yer pardner right in front of y'all? Hunt the sum bitch down that's what.
Never mind the fact the ST reminded me of Auf Wiedhersen Pet in part or that it has a clear whiff of Brannigan about it
A tad sluggish but overall a hoot.

FJ.jpg

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th July 2022, 10:07 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Mummy (2017)

The film that was supposed to kick off Universal's Dark Universe film series which was basically going to be The Mummy, Dracula, the Creature from the Black Lagoon, Frankenstein's Monster etal in a shitty Marvel style reboot. Thank god for small mercies it didn't do as well as expected and this superhero monster madness was put back in the box titled ' F*cking stupid ideas'.

Starring Tom (Here on auto) Cruise and featuring Russell Crowe hamming it up as Henry Jekyll, The Mummy is a hugely flawed film but not without it's moments of watchability. There's some decent action but the actual Mummy is a concept that's largely irrelevant in movies today. A shambling bandaged figure just wouldn't shock unless the film is a small scale slasher style horror which this isn't. So the film sexes up the mummy by having her played by Sofia Boutella but then not really knowing what to do with her once she's alive and kicking so they chain her up in Jekyll's underground lair.

Although Cruise and Crowe are pretty much phoning it in they remain the films biggest draws and always grab the attention because of their screen presence and make sitting through it a better experience than the critics at the time would have you believe. I've seen this twice now, once on dvd and now on Blu-ray and it did improve second time around possibly helped by the impressive Dolby Atmos soundtrack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the-mummy-movie-poster.jpg (81.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 4th July 2022, 10:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Lost Boys. 1987.

One of the classic 80s vampire flicks with a soundtrack, good acting from Carey Haim and Jason Patrick as the two new brothers in Santa Carla, Corey Feldman and Jamison Newlander as the fearless vampire killers Frog brothers who scream and hold each other while a vampire dies in a bath of holy water. Kiefer Sutherland plays the leader of the pack David while guarding a secret head vampire, still love the beach bonfire scene.

the-lost-boys-1987-uk-video-shop-promo.jpg
Old 4th July 2022, 10:37 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Lost Boys. 1987.
I'm not a fan of this film but seeing your review did just inspire me to watch it for the second time.

However i have absolutely no idea where in my collection it is and i can't find it so i'm going with the recently released to Blu-ray Monster Man instead seeing as it's years since i saw that last and i can find the dvd.
Justin101 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 4th July 2022, 10:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I'm not a fan of this film but seeing your review did just inspire me to watch it for the second time.

However i have absolutely no idea where in my collection it is and i can't find it so i'm going with the recently released to Blu-ray Monster Man instead seeing as it's years since i saw that last and i can find the dvd.
Really? are you more of a Near Dark fan over The Lost Boys??
Old 5th July 2022, 12:04 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Turbulence. 1997.

On a flight to Los Angeles, two criminals are being transferred and along side few other passengers, when a prisoner tries to over power everyone, Weaver steps in only for things to get worse.

Ray Liotta (R.I.P) plays the charming Ryan Weaver only for his psychotic side to kick in, Brendan Gleeson plays the hard nose prisoner Stubbs who hijacks the plane first with stewardess Lauren Holly playing the leading lady. This film does have quite a few noticeable flaws but this was still entertaining, even Ben Cross makes a good appearance, Liotta's performance has always been good to watch in this.

turbulence.jpg
Old 5th July 2022, 03:34 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Man On Fire. 2004.

Former C.I.A agent John Creasy takes on a job of bodyguarding a 9 year old girl Lupita , when she is kidnapped Creasy wages a one man war on those responsible.

This one I have always liked with Denzel Washington playing the lead as a hard drinking agent who nowadays won't be trusted looking after a pet let alone a 9 year old girl until he sobers up and goes on a warpath. There is a good character buildup with Washington and Dakota Fanning who manages to break the barrier on Creazy.

Christopher Walken plays the old agent friend Paul Rayburn who helps Creazy get the job and seems guilty about what happens and tries to help. Walken's performance in a film is always great to watch, even in this describing Creazy as a artist in death to Giancarlo Gianni is brilliant to see what a character we are watching. Radha Mitchell and Marc Anthony play Lupita's parents who may know something or hiding information on the kidnapping.

Director Tony Scott is able to give a prologue of kidnappings and then just takes a slow and not boring build up of things and manages to make tense moments more gritty with a man looking for answers and will dish out pain happily.

51RY39CY14L._AC_.jpg

Have a great day all
Old 5th July 2022, 07:40 AM
Cult Master

Quote:

Have you checked on the shelf next to The Goonies for The Lost Boys Dem?

Last edited by Nordicdusk; 5th July 2022 at 09:39 AM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!