LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th October 2010, 07:39 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
take that back Nos, BTTF2 is superior in many ways to the first. The 3rd not so much, but No.2 has many different time travel elements and is a better written film, Plus it's my fave film of all time so im gonna be a bit biased...
I like BTTF2 as well, particularly as it gets a lot darker than either of the other two films, but it doesn't have the excitement and sense of fun of the first film. I also couldn't get away with Elizabeth Shue taking over the role previously played by Claudia Wells, even though Jennifer is a minor part.
Old 8th October 2010, 01:29 PM
Active Cultist

Last night i watched phantom of death, my favourite part is when Datti calles the killer a murdering bastard whilst in public.
Old 8th October 2010, 04:43 PM
Cultist in Training

Just watched Lesbian Vampire Killers and have to say was a bloody good laugh. The writing and style of the film much like Shaun of the Dead.

Even my Dad found it funny and he is a die hard western fan!!!

If in space no one can hear you scream...why do you always hear a spaceship go past???
Old 9th October 2010, 11:56 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarbar View Post
Just watched Lesbian Vampire Killers and have to say was a bloody good laugh. The writing and style of the film much like Shaun of the Dead.

Even my Dad found it funny and he is a die hard western fan!!!
i enjoyed it too, although it's a bit of hated film.

Watched Crank 2: High Voltage again last night, absolutely mental film and Statham gets more cockney as the film goes along, really hoping they make the 3rd one.
Old 9th October 2010, 02:24 PM
Cult Addict

HERCULES AGAINST THE MOON MEN: a mad film that plays like a homoerotic episode from the old Larry "Buster" Crabbe "Flash Gordon" serials.

INVITATION TO HELL: zero budget obscurity from 80s Britain. Fun, fast paced with some good head and throat stabbings. Contains an overly long fight scene that seems like it will never end.

A CANDLE FOR THE DEVIL: a sweaty smutfest full of dolly birds and ripe, older, sexually repressed Catholic women. Excellent and well worth tracking down.
Old 9th October 2010, 04:23 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

I've just finished watching Torso, which has been sitting on my self waiting to be watched for a while now. I liked it quite a bit, it has a great atmoshere and some really good cinematography, and enough kills and spills to keep it moving along at a decent pace.

I haven't watched a lot of Giallo in the past, and the ones I've seen have overly inspired me, but seeing this makes me want to search out more.

Luckily I have Watch Me When I kill sitting on the same shelf wating to be watched too.
Old 9th October 2010, 04:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Blastfighter - ****ing brilliant Rambo clone from Lamberto Bava. Featuring an amazing, kick ass, score by the De Angelis brothers (or Claudio Simonetti or Fabio Frizzi depending on what you read), a cameo by the banjo playing boy from Deliverance, big George Eastman, cliched Redenck types, and lots of OTT violence. A must for fan's of 80's action!

Also, I think Blastfighter is the only Italian exploitation film that has a disclaimer claiming no animals were harmed during the making of the film.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 9th October 2010, 06:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

The Last Hunter

After a good write-up in DVD Delirium Vol 4 and some championing by certain members on these boards, I thought I'd give this one a go - and I thought it was excellent.

David Warbeck is superb as ever and the whole film really zips along.

Terrific quality print from DarkSky too.

Old 9th October 2010, 06:58 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post

INVITATION TO HELL: zero budget obscurity from 80s Britain. Fun, fast paced with some good head and throat stabbings. Contains an overly long fight scene that seems like it will never end.

A CANDLE FOR THE DEVIL: a sweaty smutfest full of dolly birds and ripe, older, sexually repressed Catholic women. Excellent and well worth tracking down.
Love both of these - particularly A Candle for the Devil.
Old 9th October 2010, 07:36 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Blastfighter - ****ing brilliant Rambo clone from Lamberto Bava. Featuring an amazing, kick ass, score by the De Angelis brothers (or Claudio Simonetti or Fabio Frizzi depending on what you read), a cameo by the banjo playing boy from Deliverance, big George Eastman, cliched Redenck types, and lots of OTT violence. A must for fan's of 80's action!

Also, I think Blastfighter is the only Italian exploitation film that has a disclaimer claiming no animals were harmed during the making of the film.
My favourite from Lamberto.

No Animals were harmed? What about that deer!

Like this? Share it using the links below!