Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th May 2011, 09:30 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

It's been mentioned before but 'Insidious' is one of the better American horrors of recent times. I could have done without the comic-relief ghost hunters, but overall pretty good old school chiller. Genuinely creepy in places. 2 girls left before the end, always a good sign.
DryJack likes this.
Old 16th May 2011, 09:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
It's been mentioned before but 'Insidious' is one of the better American horrors of recent times. I could have done without the comic-relief ghost hunters, but overall pretty good old school chiller. Genuinely creepy in places. 2 girls left before the end, always a good sign.
i LOVED it my fav horror of 2011 so far!
just shows u dont need big budget n big studio n R rating to be good horror flick!
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 16th May 2011, 09:59 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

just watched creepers, loved it!
Old 16th May 2011, 10:22 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Insidious was terrifying. A better film than I anticipated, although a different one too. You're right about the 2 ghostbusters, they really brought me out of the moment and ruined the last quarter of the film. Oh well, still a great film. I loved the title sequence too when the 'Insidious' bit came up with the music, really creepy and unsettling. Had a real old school feel to it.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 16th May 2011, 10:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Insidious was terrifying. A better film than I anticipated, although a different one too. You're right about the 2 ghostbusters, they really brought me out of the moment and ruined the last quarter of the film. Oh well, still a great film. I loved the title sequence too when the 'Insidious' bit came up with the music, really creepy and unsettling. Had a real old school feel to it.

I liked Leigh Whiennel as the ghostbuster

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 17th May 2011, 07:39 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I liked Leigh Whiennel as the ghostbuster
They were funny, I have to admit, but it didn't fit the film at all well. It was creepy and tense then it just turned almost spoof like when they arrived.

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 17th May 2011, 03:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
They were funny, I have to admit, but it didn't fit the film at all well. It was creepy and tense then it just turned almost spoof like when they arrived.
fair enough

I just been to see Attack the Block and it was awesome!!! One of the best brit flicks I seen since 28 days later and eden lake!
The hype and good reviews are well deserved!
Highly entertaining
8/10

My DVD Collection
Tumblr

Last edited by nekromantik; 17th May 2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 17th May 2011, 04:11 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Sonny & Jed. Great western.

Old 17th May 2011, 04:45 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Just watching Maniac on BD. My god that really is terrible picture quality. It's about on par with VHS. Oh well i guess its as good as it'll ever look. The films great though, a real head muck.

Old 17th May 2011, 04:50 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Just watching Maniac on BD. My god that really is terrible picture quality. It's about on par with VHS. Oh well i guess its as good as it'll ever look. The films great though, a real head muck.

A lot of people have criticised BU's transfer of Maniac, but I think the heavy grain suits the film perfectly.

It's a transfer that's NEVER going to look crystal clear (and nor should it), and as you say, it's probably the best it's ever going to look.

I love the film; and it contains one of the best head-shot kills in cinema history!
DryJack likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!