LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th September 2011, 04:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Just watched
The Church ..Soavi never seen it before thought it was ok but thought the whole entire ending was a little let down and rubbish..
I really enjoyed this the first time I saw it(on VHS, kindly borrowed from the library by my worried looking Sicilian Catholic mother), fast forward about 10 years and I bagged a copy of the ABUS DVD for a small amount on eBay. The ending is a bit rubbish, but overall I think it's a good film and you can clearly see Argento's influence in certain scenes, just a shame the disc is bare bones

Violence is Italian Art
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th September 2011, 09:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just finished watching this phantom.jpg my favourite adaption of one of my favourite pieces of Gothic literature. Robert Englund is fantastic in this, the Phantom make up looks amazing, the score is beatiful and the photography of the set pieces is well shot. Highly recommended if you haven't already seen this, I first saw it about 20 years ago when it was shown on Sky TV. The disc itself is pretty poor though, it's a flipper with widescreen on one side and full on the other, with only a trailer added. Film 8/10, Disc 3/10. This is definitely due a UK release!

Next up is my first viewing of Argento's The Stendhal Syndrome (Arrow)
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 10th September 2011, 12:58 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

just finished watching Zombieland as my brother had never seen it before, he really enjoyed it and i enjoyed it even more this time around.
nekromantik likes this.
Old 10th September 2011, 09:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Really enjoyed Stendhal Syndrome so I thought I'd end my nights viewing by watching another Argento film recorded from the Horror Channel, Terror at the opera. Hadn't seen this for years, it was in Italian with English subs, and I thoroughly enjoyed it so I think I'll pick up the Arrow Video DVD sometime.

Violence is Italian Art
Old 10th September 2011, 11:26 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
just finished watching Zombieland as my brother had never seen it before, he really enjoyed it and i enjoyed it even more this time around.
Did he know about the cameo and, if not, did he think it was as cool as just about everyone else did (and still does)?
Old 10th September 2011, 11:43 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Did he know about the cameo and, if not, did he think it was as cool as just about everyone else did (and still does)?
That's what made the film for me! When I saw bm on the gates I was thinking who's bm, and when I finally saw I was so happy lol

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.609178,-0.268944
Old 10th September 2011, 11:47 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthehero View Post
That's what made the film for me! When I saw bm on the gates I was thinking who's bm, and when I finally saw I was so happy lol
Same here -- I couldn't figure out who BM could be and, when he appeared, the grin on my face was huge!
Old 10th September 2011, 12:00 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Really enjoyed Stendhal Syndrome so I thought I'd end my nights viewing by watching another Argento film recorded from the Horror Channel, Terror at the opera. Hadn't seen this for years, it was in Italian with English subs, and I thoroughly enjoyed it so I think I'll pick up the Arrow Video DVD sometime.

Violence is Italian Art
I really need to watch STENDHAL again, I didn't like it at all years ago, but it gets good marks on here so I'll grab it and give it another go.
Old 10th September 2011, 12:32 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Just watched the WB dvd of THE WILD BUNCH(see cover below) great film but... It has a really weird transfer that seems way too oversharpened, halo's a plenty, cured it a bit by dvd and tv's sharpness to -10, won't spoil your enjoyment, but was noticeable to me. Got it dirt cheap so I'll get the blu later.
I should add that it's a very early dvd, halfway thru you get a spinning disc icon and have to flip the disc over, ha ha ha. holy laser disc batman. the remastered SE 2 disc set is the one to go for.
Old 10th September 2011, 12:46 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
he didn't Nos and it came as a great surprise as i didn't tell about it before hand. I however was more impressed with Emma Stone's....well Emma Stone's everything. great fun film though..

Like this? Share it using the links below!