All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179666Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th September 2011, 12:47 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
I should add that it's a very early dvd, halfway thru you get a spinning disc icon and have to flip the disc over, ha ha ha. holy laser disc batman. the remastered SE 2 disc set is the one to go for.
The bonus on this release is also top-notch!

Greetings!
Old 10th September 2011, 01:08 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
A prime example of a remake being far superior to the original

Violence is Italian Art
Not really sure about that.

Considering when each film was made Hawk's original is outstanding.
Old 10th September 2011, 01:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Not really sure about that.

Considering when each film was made Hawk's original is outstanding.
I haven't seen it for over 20 years, maybe I should give it another shot seeing as I was probably only about 11 or 12 when I first saw it, I think I remember enjoying it though
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 10th September 2011, 02:31 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Yesterday I watched The Spy Next Door so now I've finally seen all his films. It was actually an ok film, I know its aimed at a kids audience and that really shows in the cartoonish characters and inept acting but it had some good moments too. I just do hope Jackie doesn't go down that route again though.

This morning I watched The Great Ecstasy of Robert Carmichael and I have to say it wasn't the best option for first film if the day, especially as Kelly was semi watching it with me. All I can say is that is some disturbing stuff, the final scene wipes the floor of the Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer home invasion scene. It was very well shot with some good long single take tracking shots but don't think I'd watch again just because of the rather shocking finale, its hard to watch.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 10th September 2011, 03:34 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Yesterday I watched The Spy Next Door so now I've finally seen all his films. It was actually an ok film, I know its aimed at a kids audience and that really shows in the cartoonish characters and inept acting but it had some good moments too. I just do hope Jackie doesn't go down that route again though.

my bro and i really enjoyed it, made it even more better with the fact that the villain is Sporticus off of Lazy Town..

Ant, wait till monday because Shaolin is out and it has Jackie in it. Really great film too..
Old 10th September 2011, 04:04 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
my bro and i really enjoyed it, made it even more better with the fact that the villain is Sporticus off of Lazy Town..

Ant, wait till monday because Shaolin is out and it has Jackie in it. Really great film too..
Yeah I know, can't wait. It looks like a great film but I won't be able to buy it until next pay day, I'm skint.

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 10th September 2011, 04:07 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Yeah I know, can't wait. It looks like a great film but I won't be able to buy it until next pay day, I'm skint.

man that sucks, i only saw it because i was sent the review disc. It's a very epic film and Andy Lau is brilliant.
Old 10th September 2011, 04:21 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
man that sucks, i only saw it because i was sent the review disc. It's a very epic film and Andy Lau is brilliant.
As always

Old 10th September 2011, 06:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

The Case of the Bloody Iris
AKA What Are Those Strange Drops of Blood on Jennifer's Body? ...

My first step into the world of non-Argento Gialli! No great shakes, but I did find stuff to like, mainly in the odd quirks and strange vein of humour (not all of it intentional). I thought director Guiliano Carnimeo made a decent stab (ha!) at bringing some style to the sub-standard material – lots of jaunty, stylised camera angles and some interesting location choices. I enjoyed seeing the crowded city streets here, in contrast to Argento’s largely uninhabited Rome. The casual attitude to death I found pretty amusing – it takes four separate murders before Jennifer thinks it best to move out of her apartment building. More chuckles in the form of the camp photographer, who both looked and sounded like Woody Allen! (does every Giallo feature a flamboyant gay stereotype?).

Very little going on plot wise – the mystery element is barley there , and the final killer reveal feels completely random from the bizarre mix of suspects. Set pieces were ok – a daylight stabbing in a crowd must’ve been seen by Argento. Saxon’s death scene in Tenebrae feels very similar. Less successful is a crowbarred-in sexploitation scene, featuring a live sex/wrestling show! It smacks of a scene filmed solely to include in the trailer to draw in the punters – needless to say it does nothing to advance the plot! All in all, watchable, but nothing special.
Old 10th September 2011, 09:54 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Throughout the day I have watched:

They Wait - Surprisingly well made and scary, a good Poundland purchase.

Sherry Baby - Saggy Maggy as brilliant as ever, quite a depressing film though.

Taxi 3 - Bloody brilliant fun. I love all the Taxi films, they really make me laugh. I just really take to French humour. Can't wait to get Taxi 4 now, its a series that would continue until my dying day if I had my way.

I'm just pressing play now to watch Prince of Darkness for the first time.

Like this? Share it using the links below!