Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179836Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th January 2011, 09:09 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Watched The Wicker Man remake last night and as prediicted, it was bloody awful! At least it's out of the way now since I was always going to give in to curiosity at some stage.
Old 29th January 2011, 10:23 AM
Cultist
Good Trader

Watched Men Behind The Sun, Singapore Sling and Dr Lamb the other night. Last night watched a pretty awful teen comedy called Bad Behaviour.
Old 29th January 2011, 10:35 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by necroluciferia View Post
Watched Men Behind The Sun, Singapore Sling and Dr Lamb the other night. Last night watched a pretty awful teen comedy called Bad Behaviour.
What did you think of Singapore Sling?

There aren't many people I know that have watched it, and most that have, either don't make it all the way through or dismiss it as being terrible. I actually like it - definitely a curio, but sill a powerful, and visually stunning movie.
Old 29th January 2011, 10:57 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
What did you think of Singapore Sling?

There aren't many people I know that have watched it, and most that have, either don't make it all the way through or dismiss it as being terrible. I actually like it - definitely a curio, but sill a powerful, and visually stunning movie.
Had this in my to watch pile for a long ,long while, but with a BE seal of approval will give it a whirl I think.
Old 29th January 2011, 10:58 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I've been keen to see Singapore Sling for ages. Nearly bought it last week, but the expenditure had to stop somewhere! I have spent a large amount of my rent money on films this month! Oooops!
Old 29th January 2011, 11:01 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex s View Post
Had this in my to watch pile for a long ,long while, but with a BE seal of approval will give it a whirl I think.
So long as you don't blame me if you hate it!
Old 29th January 2011, 12:08 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

watched The Town last night with Ben Affleck, stunning crime drama with some truly inspired action set pieces, reminded me a bit of Point Break, Affleck has turned into a pretty good director and Jeremy Renner is fantastic in it. Highly Recommended, it's very much like one of the old gritty 70s Crime movies...
Old 29th January 2011, 12:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Watched chain letter last night and my god was it worse then I though it would be. Was not expecting it to be good but boy is bad a understatment.

Then saw I stand alone which was good but my 3rd best noe movie.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 29th January 2011, 01:41 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
Watched chain letter last night and my god was it worse then I though it would be. Was not expecting it to be good but boy is bad a understatment.

Then saw I stand alone which was good but my 3rd best noe movie.
Just looked for Chain Letter on IMDb. The premise does sound somewhat weak but would've hoped the presence of Brad Dourif and Keith David might have lifted things out of the gutter somewhat. (This the same film you're referring to I take it?)

Not seen I Stand Alone but heard very interesting things about it. Even more eager to check out Enter the Void aswell; always curious about anything that looks like it'll be that blatantly psychedelic.

Incidentally, haven't watched Irreversible for a few years now. Was thoroughly stunned by it; but on such a frankly visceral (and spiritual) level that I'm not in a rush to rewatch it anytime soon. To be honest, after a couple of viewings I think parts of it will be burnt into the retina of my mind's eye for life.
Old 29th January 2011, 01:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZigZagZombie View Post
Just looked for Chain Letter on IMDb. The premise does sound somewhat weak but would've hoped the presence of Brad Dourif and Keith David might have lifted things out of the gutter somewhat. (This the same film you're referring to I take it?)

Not seen I Stand Alone but heard very interesting things about it. Even more eager to check out Enter the Void aswell; always curious about anything that looks like it'll be that blatantly psychedelic.

Incidentally, haven't watched Irreversible for a few years now. Was thoroughly stunned by it; but on such a frankly visceral (and spiritual) level that I'm not in a rush to rewatch it anytime soon. To be honest, after a couple of viewings I think parts of it will be burnt into the retina of my mind's eye for life.

Tried watching Irreversible a few times but each time the camera work just give me a headache and i switch of and go for get some annadin, I cant watch it without feeling sea sick lol.

Like this? Share it using the links below!