Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179842Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th November 2012, 09:45 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyman Joe View Post
The Terror of Tiny Town - I sat goggle eye watching this on some obscure satellite channel. Basically an hour of laughing at 'little people' dressing up as cowboys, like Bugsy Malone meets Shane on LSD. Did I say movies today were infantile....
Excellent stuff Joe... Tiny Town is well worth an hour of anyone's time and Showcase TV on Sky show this 10 times a week. There's some pretty vicious fisticuffs in this one as the smallies duke it out !
Old 5th November 2012, 09:59 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

In October, I watched a lot of films and, because of the quantity, these collages are split into 10 day periods (with one containing 11 days of films).

Old 5th November 2012, 10:02 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'll try and do the same in November and December, but posting every week or 10 days rather than a month at a time!
Old 5th November 2012, 10:11 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadeyes View Post
i left special messages to some folks here hahahaha
What the **** are you banging on about? You've been making some odd postings on here. Care to explain..?
Old 5th November 2012, 10:19 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

We might need a bit of security on the door here - I noticed the latest blog entry is by somebody blowing off Timberland (?) I hate it when this happens to forums. The Mondo Movie podcast forum was swamped with this kind of stuff for a while, and I kinda bolted from there because of it...
Old 5th November 2012, 11:10 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
What the **** are you banging on about? You've been making some odd postings on here. Care to explain..?
He won't be able to explain as he's just been banned.
Old 5th November 2012, 11:53 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The Room: Tommy Wiseau's masterpiece. People often refer to Plan 9 From Outer Space as "the Citizen Kane of bad movies" but this is something of a poor description since no film better highlights the peril of the director as auteur than The Room. Written, directed and starring Tommy Wiseau this insanely odd melodrama about a love triangle just beggars belief. There's little plot to speak of, characters come and go without any real relevance, whole subplots are abandoned as immediately as quickly as they are conceived ("I got the results of the test back and I definitely have cancer"), most of the dialogue is batshit silly ("You don't understand anything, man. Leave your *stupid* comments in your pocket!"/"You're right, the computer business is too competitive") and most of the scenes featuring Tommy's character are there purely to highlight just what a great guy he is (including a perplexing scene where he buys flowers from a flower store - "you're my favourite customer Johnny!") which does nothing but highlight the ego of yer main man Tommy Wiseau. This was about the fourth time I've seen it and the second on the big screen and I don't think I have ever had as much fun at a screening in my life. I was apprehensive because the Rocky Horror-style audience interaction had annoyed me the last time due to a few audience members severely lacking in a sense of humour and constantly pre-empting the films lines but this time it was genuinely fantastic. Far more immersive an experience than 3D, you've never lived until you've seen this film in a battered 35mm print (the only one that exists in the UK I believe so it constantly degrades as it goes up and down the country), with the crowd cheering and clapping along to the soft love music in the sickeningly shot love scenes, throwing plastic spoons at the screen whenever an inexplicable picture of a framed spoon in the living room was in shot or shouting "Who the **** are you!" when a new character is introduced about 50 minutes into the film as if he's been there the whole time.

Alien - the second in Saturday nights double bill at the cinema (they were showing cult classics all night at 75p a ticket but since I was at work in the morning I only stayed up until 4am and caught 2 films). It's been a few years since I'd seen this and the first time on the big screen and I had forgotten how incredible this film is. Every shot is incredible and even though I really enjoyed Prometheus and am looking forward to seeing it again, seeing Alien made me realised just how much Scott missed the mark with his quasi-prequel. You really root for every character in Alien, the set design is awe-inspiring, the model work incredible and it has a genuinely creepy atmosphere for the whole of the film. An absolute joy of a film to watch and by far my favourite of the series.

Last edited by PaulD; 5th November 2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 5th November 2012, 01:54 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyman Joe View Post
Headspace - for an hour or so I thought this was one of the better Poundland refugees, but then it descended into rubber monster hell and never came back. This coulda been a contender because it looks good and has some decent acting. Remember less is more guys, less is more
My thoughts exactly

What started out as an intriguing thriller tuned into something laughable
Handyman Joe likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 5th November 2012, 01:56 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
He won't be able to explain as he's just been banned.
*Sigh*

Please take notice of what I have been writing, Nos

He is not banned. He's BARRED!!!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 5th November 2012, 02:21 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
*Sigh*

Please take notice of what I have been writing, Nos

He is not banned. He's BARRED!!!
Your starting to sound like Peggy....

Like this? Share it using the links below!