Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree180371Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st September 2013, 06:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invid Ninja View Post
From what I gather, noone quite knows the full extent of Mann's original cut of The Keep as sources do range between the 150 minute to 210 minute mark. Glad more people are giving the film a look at least. Even in a truncated form, I still consider The Keep one of the single most atmospheric films I've ever seen.
Yep... there's obviously a longer version of the film in Paramount's vault (or perhaps all the trims have been destroyed) but I can't imagine Michael Mann delivering a 3 hour cut of a Horror film especially something as out there as The Keep. I read the book recently and there's a lot of good stuff in there. Most interestingly is the character of Mosalar - in the film he's depicted as a slightly silly demonic muscle man, while in the book, he's an associate of Vlad the Impaler and dresses accordingly...
trebor8273 and troggi like this.
Old 1st September 2013, 06:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I do hope if theirs a longer version out there and it's closer to the book which I love and read once a year.
troggi likes this.

Last edited by trebor8273; 1st September 2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old 1st September 2013, 06:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Son Of Dracula (1943)
Lon Chaney Jr takes the role of Count Dracula....or should that be Count Alucard?. Another atmospheric horror from Universal as the Count rides to the bank of the swamp on the top of his coffin. Oh yes !

Plague Of The Zombies (1966)
Hammer time !
What can you say? Super tale set in Cornwall, of the undead forced to work in an old tin mine. Faultless in my opinion. Classic Hammer.
Old 1st September 2013, 10:06 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

BACK TO THE BEACH. Jesus f*ck, if you thought the original Beach films idiotic fluff(I don't, I like them) then avoid this 80s follow up film. It's dire but as with all things there are some saving graces: Dick Dales' permed, backcombed mullet and PeeWee Herman singing "The Surfin' Bird".

Expect more reviews of random shite, I've just got Netflix and I'm working my way through all the films that look awful first. I think it is some form of cinematic self harm.
Old 2nd September 2013, 09:58 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Well on Saturday, I tried to watch Mass Effect: Paragon Lost on Lovefilm. God that was a massive regret. Such a terrible animated movie, they can get Freddy Prinze Jr to do the voice of vega but they can't get Keith David, Lance Henrikson or Ali Hillis to do the voices for Anderson, Hackett or Liara. Not worth watching IMHO.
troggi likes this.
Old 2nd September 2013, 05:31 PM
Cult Addict

This afternoon I watched The Elephant Man.
Magnificent film, excellent in practically every way. And John Hurt did a fantastic job of making you care so much about Merrick despite the fact that he was buried under buckets of latex.
Simply superb.
Old 2nd September 2013, 05:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
This afternoon I watched The Elephant Man.
Magnificent film, excellent in practically every way. And John Hurt did a fantastic job of making you care so much about Merrick despite the fact that he was buried under buckets of latex.
Simply superb.
Bein' a gruff northerner and a roughie, toughie ex-submariner I don't tend t' get emotional but "The Elephant Man" is the straw that broke the whippet's back and made me sniff a tear back!

Monster Magnet
Old 2nd September 2013, 05:47 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
I worked on 'Beetlejuice'!
Ooooh, in what capacity?
Old 2nd September 2013, 05:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Nearly f'got, I watched "Coraline" (2009) great little story, fun animation and voice acting.

17/10 for some fine characters.
monkeyscreams likes this.

Monster Magnet
Old 2nd September 2013, 05:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Ooooh, in what capacity?

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!