Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179666Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st October 2013, 07:11 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
Can't believe you didn't like vamp! I thought it was excellent. To each, their own I guess.
I think what turned me off from the start was the whole American teen (or early twenties) twerp thing....and I know you could argue that makes them all the more deserving victims but I just find that type of high school/college based movie irritating.
troggi likes this.
Old 31st October 2013, 07:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Trick r treat

Can't believe this is only second time I've seen this gets better with each viewing. Favourite story is still the one with Brian cox. Sam should be given his own movie. 9.5/10

Halloween 2

Not as good as the first, but still miles ahead of what followed. Will. Have to watch the others just to see how they brought the character of Loomis back, Michael Myers is truly of force of nature. 8.5/10

What next two evil eyes or the living dead at the Manchester morgue ?
Old 31st October 2013, 07:23 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Halloween III Season of the Witch. (1982)

Before anyone says the idea of Michael Myers keep coming back to life is preposterous they should really check out this films plot.

An unscrupulous corporation nick Stonehenge in a bid to use its magical powers to take over the United States using cheap Halloween masks for kids in a bid to turn the land of stars and stripes into a crawling mass of bugs and other slippery creatures, before giving us a lecture on the festival of Samhain.

Halloween III is the John Carpenter film he didn't make and his influence is all over it. The score half inches most of his other works and the plot smacks of They Live, a full six years before its release, as star Tom Atkins creeps around in a world of paranoia and deceit, slowly being driven round the bend by the Silver Shamrock song which seemingly plagues every tv channel in the US. It could be worse i suppose, it could be the Injury Lawyers For You advert.

Having said all that, Halloween III is a lot of fun and i'm sure many of you will be enjoying it tonight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Halloween_3_poster_01 (Large).jpg (34.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 31st October 2013, 07:25 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Trick r treat

Can't believe this is only second time I've seen this gets better with each viewing. Favourite story is still the one with Brian cox. Sam should be given his own movie. 9.5/10
He has his own animated movie in the dvd extras.
trebor8273 and troggi like this.
Old 31st October 2013, 07:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Halloween III Season of the Witch. (1982)

Before anyone says the idea of Michael Myers keep coming back to life is preposterous they should really check out this films plot.

An unscrupulous corporation nick Stonehenge in a bid to use its magical powers to take over the United States using cheap Halloween masks for kids in a bid to turn the land of stars and stripes into a crawling mass of bugs and other slippery creatures, before giving us a lecture on the festival of Samhain.

Halloween III is the John Carpenter film he didn't make and his influence is all over it. The score half inches most of his other works and the plot smacks of They Live, a full six years before its release, as star Tom Atkins creeps around in a world of paranoia and deceit, slowly being driven round the bend by the Silver Shamrock song which seemingly plagues every tv channel in the US. It could be worse i suppose, it could be the Injury Lawyers For You advert.

Having said all that, Halloween III is a lot of fun and i'm sure many of you will be enjoying it tonight.
I will. First time I will of seen the uncut version
troggi likes this.
Old 31st October 2013, 08:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Recent viewings

Old 31st October 2013, 08:46 PM
Cult Addict

THE CONSPIRACY. Fake documentary looking at conspiracy culture and "the grand conspiracy". Would have made a better two part TV series as it feels very rushed to cram all the crank pot theories in. It goes all "Blair Witch" at the end to good effect. A renter not a keeper.
troggi and Rondadoronron like this.
Old 31st October 2013, 09:46 PM
Cult Addict

uploadfromtaptalk1383259419030.jpg
In a nearly full cinema.
Old 31st October 2013, 10:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Thor tonight. Completely forgettable.
troggi likes this.
Old 31st October 2013, 11:02 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Just got back from seeing A Nightmare on Elm Street at Cineworld, hadn't seen it in years and it holds up well. PQ was pretty crap but the audio was loud which was perfect for the jumpy bits
troggi likes this.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html

Like this? Share it using the links below!