Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179840Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th October 2014, 08:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Have to say I enjoyed american horror story as well. Seen first 3 seasons and I liked them.

Last edited by trebor8273; 30th October 2014 at 09:24 PM.
Old 30th October 2014, 11:15 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I wonder why?
Yeah you pretty much hit the nail on the head there.

Season 2's got a dirty possessed nun, so i'm sort of won over already.

My ex girlfriends mum was a nun, i kinda never got over the kinky goodness of it all, that keeps me goin thru the dark times. ahem.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 31st October 2014, 07:38 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Just finished Season 2 of American Horror Story last night, a great series. Better than the first which I also thoroughly enjoyed so I'm hoping each series get better and better. There's some dark and interesting material in this show so I'm surprised some horror fans aren't giving it a chance

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 31st October 2014, 07:48 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Just finished Season 2 of American Horror Story last night, a great series. Better than the first which I also thoroughly enjoyed so I'm hoping each series get better and better. There's some dark and interesting material in this show so I'm surprised some horror fans aren't giving it a chance
I thought the second season was easily the worst, being ridiculous and the end being a mess.

The third season is rather tonally different, leaning more towards black comedy, and a lot similar with The Craft, but still has it's very dark moments.
trebor8273 likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 31st October 2014, 10:49 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Pack (1977, Robert Clouse). Was in the mood for a killer dogs film, and this is the daftest imo (well, until The Breed). Plus Joe Don Baker hasn't that many lead roles to his name etc etc.
As with most nature-runs-amok films, the underlying "message" is humans beware!! Your tenuous grip on being "top of the food chain" is, well, tenuous to say the least......

On Seal Island, the locals tell you what they think plainly (well, RG Armstrong is one of them haha), but don't seem to mind when you leave your "holiday dog" behind because "they couldn't run free in the city"

Really??

So this creates a slavering Pack of various breeds, mostly covered in poor makeup haha. And I think this print was trimmed as well, as the kills seem to have stuff missing. Could be wrong though......

Enjoyed this tale of redemption and rabies, not as mental as White Dog or as funny as Rottweiler, but worth a look.

Lucy (Luc Besson, 2014)

My 2nd SJ film in as many days....I still prefer her in Ghost World cough. Choi min-Sik is the new Charles Bronson imo. A Greggs pasty of a film.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 31st October 2014, 05:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The adventures of Sherlock holmes

The first Rathbone Holmes adventure and along with the second movie the only ones set in the right period( but not very accurate) and based on the books. We have a story of murder and the Crown Jewels with a slightly menaching moriart, " you murdered a flower". Rathbone was excellent in a role he made his own, he even sings at one point and isn't to bad. Only downside was Watson who is a bumbling fool who is nothing like he is in the books. 8.5/10

Deliver us from evil

A lot better than I was expecting. The story opens in Iraq with a group of soliders on patrol when something goes wrong when they enter a cave/ shrine. Jump forward to New York where a police office Ralph Sarchie ( Eric Bana) Discovers a body a baby not long afterwards he is called to a disturbance at the zoo where a young mother has thrown her child in to a animal pit. We soon learn that there is something evil is going on in the city and is connected to the soldiers and cave in Iraq. Nothing we haven't seen a hundred times before but was enjoyable enough and the cast handed themselves well and was very atmospheric in places. Take it with a large pinch of salt that it was based on actually events. 7.5/10

Pumpkinhead

The film starts with a young boy growing up in deliverance country who witness's a man running for his life and being attack and killed by a monster called pumpkinhead by the locals.

Jump forward and the child has grown up and has a child of his own. A group of young city folk arrive at his store and tragedy soon strikes when the boy is killed in a accident. In his grief the father (henriksen ) seeks out the local witch to summon pumpkinhead to exact his revenge. Enjoyable thanks to Henriksen performance and the special effects of Stan winston. Apart from pumpkins it appears to have nothing to do with Halloween as it looks like it's either spring or summer 8.5/10

Tonights Halloween viewings are

Wolfcop
Amitivillie 2(my favourite of the films)
All halllows eve
Halloween 3
Nightbreed
Old 31st October 2014, 05:19 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I think I must be alone in not being a massive fan of Pumpkinhead.
Old 31st October 2014, 05:25 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I think I must be alone in not being a massive fan of Pumpkinhead.
I love it. It nearly made my top 100. I usually watch all four films this time of year but gave them a break this year.

I even have one of the Todd Mcfarlane Movie Maniacs figures of the creature.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 288nklf.jpg (93.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 31st October 2014, 05:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Out of curiosity those who haven't got anything planned tonight what will you be watching (if anything)
Old 31st October 2014, 05:31 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Out of curiosity those who haven't got anything planned tonight what will you be watching (if anything)
Trick r' Treat followed by Wrong Turn 5.

I'm off out for a couple of hours shortly. The pumpkins going to a party. So i hope i take it easy (ish) with the booze.

Like this? Share it using the links below!