Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179686Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th January 2015, 07:36 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold6082 View Post
Die monster die is going to the end if the scream factory titles I still need to get line lol. Never heard a good review of it yet.
I like it. Trouble is they tried to adapt THE COLOUR OUT OF SPACE without the budget or effects necessary to do it justice.
Old 30th January 2015, 03:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I like it. Trouble is they tried to adapt THE COLOUR OUT OF SPACE without the budget or effects necessary to do it justice.
You say adapt, I says ignore completely cough

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 30th January 2015, 05:15 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
You say adapt, I says ignore completely cough
Not really, it has Arkham (though in england for some reason) the blasted wilderness and the colour itself briefly in the water. There's bits and pieces from the story and they seem to have added stuff and twisted things a little in order to make it into a film.
Old 30th January 2015, 05:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

wasnt realy sure where to put this

One killed, two injured at Martin Scorsese film set
Old 30th January 2015, 07:50 PM
Active Cultist

Yet more bad Sword and Monster from the SyFy Channel:

Only released on DVD in September and already in CEX, I should have guessed it would be bad.

Filmed in North Wales, it looks like a slight step-up from a student project film, I was surprised to find it was actually directed by Mark Lester (Commando 1985)). The direction is okay I guess but nothing special - the script is the sinker, although only 77 minutes long, very little happens and it is always slow and dull. The dragons are at least rather good, well animated and designed.

Full review of Dragons of Camelot.

A simple skip for this one. Still it is better than tomorrow's horrifically bad sword and sorcery piece....
Old 30th January 2015, 08:16 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Anyone else watch Evil Dead (2013) on UK Channel 4 the other night and notice it contained scenes not in any other version?
I noticed a few extra bits, like the "We're gonna get you" song and the epilogue, but I've since learnt there was more than that!
Hopefully this means an extended cut is on the cards

Evil Dead - Board - IMDb
From Melon Farmers: "An extended version of Evil Dead, the 2013 remake, has just been broadcast by Channel 4.

This unheralded version has sparked interest on forums, but is something of a puzzle. The version featured about 4 minutes of additional material and seemed complete in terms of violence. This rather disproves theories about it being a US TV version. It is a common pattern for US TV to add in deleted material to replace or compensate for the cutting of any sex and violence.

Director Fede Avarez has been asked about the current extended version but wasn't able to throw any light on the matter.

Before the release of the original release of the film the director spoke of brief cuts to achieve a US R rating and also of the possibility of an extended version. But shortly before the premiere, Alvarez proclaimed that the Theatrical Version was his Director's Cut and no more was heard of an alternative version...until now."

And here are some clips!

Mia on the road:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8dz...ature=youtu.be

Natalie saying "You cut off my hand!" and the first second of Mia singing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9NnFc6P3MU

Eric screaming "Join us!" as he burns up in flames. The fire reaches David and his eyes snap open, possessed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA84-TGLhvc
Rik, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 30th January 2015, 10:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Attachment 155339

Ok so i know this film is a bit shite but i kinda enjoyed it.
A 90's relic that has neil morrisey from that men behaving badly sitcom. I'm sure there was a show called Boon with the other geezer in as well.
Besides all that this film is a good natured cheese fest that includes C3PO from star wars as a priest and a talking turd.
What more do you want?
A lot of carry on style innnuendo's ensue but if ur in the right kind of mood it's kinda all good.
Not good in a serious film way, but if ur up for a dodgy, cheap, british biker vampire cheese flick u could do a lot worse, then again if u can find a film with the same credentials then good luck to you.
Basicallly it's not as good as Psychomania but then what is?
7/10 on the cheese-o-meter.
Neil Morrisey was also in Boon. In fact the film features many of the cast of crew of Boon, I think it was made between episodes or between series (but it was a long time ago so I may not be fully correct).

I really like it.
Old 30th January 2015, 10:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Inherent Vice (2015) - 3/10

It's 'The Counselor' all over again.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 31st January 2015, 12:31 AM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjconstable View Post
Inherent Vice (2015) - 3/10

It's 'The Counselor' all over again.
Sounds good to me.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)
Old 31st January 2015, 01:20 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShaw View Post
Went out to see Punk Singer. I commented previously on this biopic of Kathleen Hannah who was instrumental in the foundation of the Grrrl Power feminist movement and the politicisation of American punk in the 1990's with her band Bikini Kill. An interesting story which provides the perfect opportunity to hear some brilliant punk music from Bikini Kill, Le Tigre and Julie Ruin. I'm still hopeful that she can win her battle with Lyme disease and get back to performing with Julie Ruin.
I just watched this on Film 4, thought it was really interesting and a great doc.
I wasn't even aware of this woman or her bands, totally slipped under the radar for me, will definitely be looking into her stuff.
She seemed like a total force of nature at the start then as we peel back layers we realise she has all the same human stuff going on we all have, shame to see her affected by Lyme's disease but nice that she seems to be on the mend and making new music again.
Pretty inspirational stuff.
Thanks to SShaw for bringing this to my attention, and also to whoever it was that said it was being shown on Film 4.
Recommended 9/10

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Like this? Share it using the links below!