Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179668Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd January 2018, 06:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Haunting 1963

Dr John Markway is given the chance to investigate Hill House as he believes its the real only haunted house. Along with him is Eleanor Vince a shy timid woman grieving over her mum's death, Theo a psychic and Luke Sanders on who hope to inherit Hill House.

In this version there is no blood, gore or monsters just genuinely atmospheric moments that makes you wonder if there is a real Haunting or paranoia.

Based on the book by Shirley Jackson Robert Wise brings us this classic horror of what you can't see can scare you. What makes it more atmospheric is that the film is in black and white and the realm of the way the actors are, this is more psychological film than a horror film.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 41ZPQ21NMML._SY445_.jpg (29.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 2nd January 2018, 07:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Another blind buy and another pleasant surprise, a group of illusionist became the four horsemen men who end up pulling elaborate illusions/heists, a FBI agent sets out to bring them down along with a debunker of magic shows. The cast were great and lots of twists and turns ,two of which I didn't see coming , especially when we found out who brought them together . 8/10
Old 2nd January 2018, 07:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
All three films were atrocious.
That's unfair I quite enjoyed the first Hercules, the 2nd though was awful and Sinbad too I sold my set to CEX

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 2nd January 2018, 07:20 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

Another blind buy and another pleasant surprise, a group of illusionist became the four horsemen men who end up pulling elaborate illusions/heists, a FBI agent sets out to bring them down along with a debunker of magic shows. The cast were great and lots of twists and turns ,two of which I didn't see coming , especially when we found out who brought them together . 8/10
I enjoyed both of these, the 2nd is much too long though and suffers a bit from it. Great set pieces in both of them though.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

Old 2nd January 2018, 08:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Like those who only went to see this because Karen Gillian I only went too see it because of the Rock and I was glad I did, laugh out loud funny with great performances and characters , nice use of pop culture / gaming etc. As good a s everyone was Jack Black was my favourite with some of the best lines/scenes. Is it as good as the original maybe not but I had just as much fun and was just as good in my humble opinion. 8/10
Old 2nd January 2018, 08:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Rock is the reason why I won’t watch it, can’t stand the guy and have no idea why he gets work

Each to their own and all that
trebor8273 and profondo rosso like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 2nd January 2018, 08:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
The Rock is the reason why I won’t watch it, can’t stand the guy and have no idea why he gets work

Each to their own and all that
To be honest I don't watch him for his acting ability!
Rik and Demoncrat like this.
Old 2nd January 2018, 08:37 PM
Cult Veteran

I quite fancy Jumanji, but because of Nick Jonas
Demoncrat, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

Old 2nd January 2018, 08:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I quite fancy Jumanji, but because of Nick Jonas
Have you seen kingdom he was very good in that and as plus he has his top off a lot!
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 2nd January 2018, 08:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just finished watching Zombie Flesh Eaters for the millionth (not really) time, but the first time this year and also the first time with the commentary from Stephen Thrower and Alan Jones (who famously leaked the fact Arrow were releasing it all those years ago).
Nothing else really needs to be said about the film, we’ve all seen it, some of us love it, some of us can’t watch it without noticing the mistakes (cheers Dem ), and some of us nearly broke the forum when there was 6 seconds of boat missing

Gonna follow it up with another Fulci I reckon, probably COTLD or The Beyond (Grindhouse blu version)
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!