All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179933Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th April 2023, 04:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I couldn't get into it my first time watching it maybe it was the hype around it I'm not sure maybe I need to go back in the future and rewatch it to see.
Sometimes a second viewing will help, i always though Dem would have given Troll/Troll 2 a second viewing but doubt that will ever happen
nicholasrope likes this.

Last edited by MrBarlow; 13th April 2023 at 05:34 PM.
Old 13th April 2023, 05:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ilsa: Harem Keeper Of The Oil Sheiks. 1976.

Busty blonde Miss Thorne returns as Ilsa, this time in the desert and is involved in female slavery and trafficking.

This seems a bit tamer than the previous film, there is a lot of nudity, some rumpy pumpy moments, scenes of torture that one is shown with a woman having her...puppies shall we say...in a vice. The acting is at it's best but campy, cheesy acting. There is some daft fun with some explosive devices placed in a certain area of the body that goes off during some love making...they came and went at the same time, some OTT acting and dying during a shootout and some idiot does bring a sword to a gun fight.

Illsaharemkeeper.jpg
Old 13th April 2023, 06:01 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I couldn't get into it my first time watching it maybe it was the hype around it I'm not sure maybe I need to go back in the future and rewatch it to see.
If you can go 'back in the future' i wouldn't waste my time watching a movie.
Nordicdusk and nicholasrope like this.
Old 13th April 2023, 06:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Sometimes a second viewing will help, i always though Dem would have given Troll/Troll 2 a second viewing but doubt that will ever happen
Don't even own them anymore, Mr.B.
nicholasrope and MrBarlow like this.
Old 13th April 2023, 06:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Don't even own them anymore, Mr.B.
That's why I know a re-watch of those movies will never happen
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 13th April 2023, 08:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ilsa: The Tigress Of SIberia. 1977.

Ilsa is back this time 1953 Siberia, commander of a small army and seductive tormentor, Miss Thorne isn't really shy about showing off her body in this, front and back while having a menage et toi a few times. The violence is stepped up a bit more even right at the start, a man's hand having a unexpected moment with a chainsaw and a spear through the head, so he did get the point. Although the title says Siberia it does shift to a brothel on Montreal then goes to a clinic where Ilsa has found a new way and method of sadistic torture. This wasn't too bad and like the previous film there is a decent shoot out and some more daft campy acting from some of the cast.

Is there another film part of this franchise either made before or after this film??

Ilsa3.jpg
Old 13th April 2023, 08:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Gary Grant plays John Robie a retired cat burglar who when a number of jewel robberies take place , he sets out too clear his name along the way he becomes romantically involved with Grace Kelly . This is quite different than most Hitchcock movies as it's quite light-hearted and mixs comedy and romance. Enjoyable .

Here Grant plays a character who's very different from the suave and sophisticated characters he usual plays. Here he plays Walter Christopher a alcoholic beach bum who's tricked into being a spotter on a small Pacific island for the allies , things take a strange and unexpected turn when he is forced to look after a group of school girls and there teacher . This was very enjoyable and a joy from begining to end thanks to Grants performance, while To catch a thief is probably the better film overall I enjoyed this a lot more.

Now watching the man who made Charles Hawtrey look like Clint Eastwood.

Last edited by trebor8273; 13th April 2023 at 09:03 PM.
Old 13th April 2023, 09:21 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
If you can go 'back in the future' i wouldn't waste my time watching a movie.

Old 13th April 2023, 10:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Man Who Laughs (1928, Paul Leni)

Conrad Veidt goes the extra mile with this one.
After a ... traumatic start in life, a man settles into the life of a travelling performer. Finding love along the way, his idyll is shattered somewhat by machinations to do with his lineage. This was worth the wait now. I can only recommend this one unreservedly. The sets! Well, twas Universal after all ....

The Iceman Cometh (1989, Clarence Fok)

The wackiest mismatch film you'll see this year. Or any year.
Yuen Biao and Maggie Cheung?? Form an orderly queue.
To say this is prime HK is to give you a certain image. Scrub that and just bask in this wonderfully unique wee flick.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 13th April 2023, 10:38 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

I can't remember a thing about the first Wonder Woman movie but i can say that second time around i again enjoyed this knockabout romp pitching Diana Prince (Gal Gadot) into a world of spandex and Duran Duran.

Being set in the mid 80's the whole thing felt more grounded in reality than the majority of superhero movies (Looking at you, in fact staring intently at you here, Marvel) and the fact we go for long stretches without any superhero action (Wonder Woman appears once for a brief action sequence at a shopping mall and that's it for the first hour and twenty minutes) helps no end, giving Gadot more to do than simply look good as we get a satisfying revival of Chris Pine's Steve Trevor character. It also means when the set pieces come they are actually enjoyably thrilling, be it scrapping in the White House with the fun Cheetah (An enjoyable performance from Kristen Wiig) or a Raiders of the Lost Ark style road chase.

Plus there's a cameo from the original (and best) Wonder Woman, Lynda Carter, during the end credits.

The main plot about Maxwell Lord, a shady business man who becomes a kind of wish master thanks to an ancient rock is entertaining if fairly standard stuff but my mind wandered during Wonder Woman's big speech to him at the death.

As far as superhero films go i like Wonder Woman 1984. Not many people do though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wonder_Woman_1984-686758013-large.jpg (88.7 KB, 3 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!